LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

10 part DQ

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Jan 25, 18 6:53 PM
When did the 10 part DQ change? We now need 5 in a row to complete a part of the quest, and the cool-down time has increased to 2 hours. Is there a point to this? I'm on level 82, but work through the day. I, so far, have only 43 of the 10 part quests, mainly because I'm not at home enough to get through them in a 24 hr. period. Not really a big deal, but would be nice not to have the achievement be even more unattainable.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:10 part DQ

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 25, 18 7:00 PM
To my knowledge, there has been no change to the Daily Quests ..... they all remain the same as what they were before the Winter Event ....

Most of the Daily Quests have you visit an HOS up to 3x maximum....however, Gnome Spy has been a breed of its own:

10 part -- Gnome Spy
1. Dice (x3), Broken Carriage (3)
2. Airships (x100), Stone Gargolyle (x2)
3. Feed Pets (x10), Astral Lamp (x3)
4. Craft Something (x5), Elfish Bas-Relief (3)
5. Fortune Wheel (x5), Bar Counter (3)
6. Flag (x3), Winter Idol (x3), Raven Stone (x3)
7. Broken Carriage (3), Broken Well (3), Fire Fountain (3)
8. Feed Pets (x12), Craft Something (x3)
9. Armor and Banners (5), Crypt (5)
10. Airships (x120), Belfry (5)

Reward: 100 coins, 3 medallions, 1 HOS item for each part.

That said .... ALL the parts to ALL of the quests are listed in napoeon's thread: Daily Quests (Old and new) located here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/652841.page
(copy and paste to your browser and hit go)

Many of us have made this page a favorite so we can consult it frequently as Daily Quests are issued by the Gnome.

Edited to add: Also..... the cooldown for any one HOS is still only 1 hour .....it has not been increased to 2 hours.

Edited on 01/25/2018 at 7:02:16 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 25, 18 7:32 PM
You can use a 1 hour no cool down amulet to help with the really long daily quests such as the one with the title on the first part of Gnome Spy and the one that starts with Robbery of the Century. Takes about 30 minutes to complete Gnome Spy when you use an amulet. Enough time left to get in another Daily Quest or two before it runs out.

A 1 hour no cool down amulet leaves all HOS immediately ready to go back into after completing it. So you can go into the same HOS over and over as many times as you need to before time runs out.

All HOS are still 1 hour to recharge when fully maxed. I don't understand what you mean by 2 hours.

If you go to the thread Daily Quests (old and new) / Rewards when you get a DQ will help you see if you have enough time to complete it and whether you want to use an amulet or not.

Here's the URL address to copy and paste into your search bar. Then bookmark it in your favorites to access it quickly for future reference.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/652841.page

Edited to add:
I also play the puzzles for diamonds. Then I can open HOS early if needed to help complete a DQ in time when I decide to not use an amulet.

Edited on 01/25/2018 at 7:34:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 28, 18 3:58 PM
Is there any way to see what kind of DQ is requested before one accepts? Thanks a lot for advice!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 28, 18 4:01 PM
No, there is no way of knowing what your have been issued...... You CAN look at the circle around the Gnome to see whether it is a 3- , 5-, or 10-part though.

That said ....... you don't HAVE to accept it ....... when you open it, you have the option of clicking the accept button at the bottom, or clicking the X in the upper right corner to just close it out.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 28, 18 4:12 PM
But if you decline it, then that is another day without doing one!
No substitutes allowed!

Go to: