oiuoiuoiu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

"we will stop updating this version of the game soon"

[Post New]by oiuoiuoiu on Jan 26, 18 6:09 AM
Anyone else getting the message when you log into the game saying this?

I honestly don't know what it means.

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

Re:"we will stop updating this version of the game soon"

[Post New]by Energyworker on Jan 26, 18 6:27 AM
I am, I suspect everyone is getting this message.
I can still play on BF.

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 7:09:38 AM PST

jannae
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jannae on Jan 26, 18 6:35 AM
I got this message. I am waiting to see what happens when someone switches.
Is the game still being supported by ****? My brain isn't working till my morning coffee kicks in

Jannae

kasuna67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kasuna67 on Jan 26, 18 6:46 AM
I got the message also and had no choice but to switch. My progress is stored (level 337)but....no neighbors! All my neighbors gone!! And they gave me a new friend code. So to all my neighbors I'm sorry. Hope to see you soon in my new neighborhood. My new friend code is ebe55d

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Jan 26, 18 6:49 AM
I'm getting the same message. I can access the game now through BF but how much time that lasts in unknown as not much info is given. Even the Playme website doesn't seem to have much info. How do we sign in as the same user to not lose our progress? I'm not even sure how to start the game on their site as that is not clear either.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jan 26, 18 6:57 AM
Read the comment I made under Can't Connect thread. You have to send a support ticket.

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Jan 26, 18 7:18 AM
Same message here, but the new version says I am not registered and will not let me login ... :-(
If you just click away that window though (so not click the "continue" button but click the x instead), you do get into to old version of the game

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 7:19:56 AM PST

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Jan 26, 18 7:43 AM
juleslorraine wrote:I'm getting the same message. I can access the game now through BF but how much time that lasts in unknown as not much info is given. Even the Playme website doesn't seem to have much info. How do we sign in as the same user to not lose our progress? I'm not even sure how to start the game on their site as that is not clear either.

Jules, It worked for me, I have no neighbors thou. I even played a comp, to test it out. I figured they would be discontinuing here because of all the problems. The game changed my name to Rina (my real name) instead of Zirz. I just followed the instructions, you might have to allow adobe. Otherwise it's the same.

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Jan 26, 18 8:06 AM
I can get in now and it even gave me 20 free crystals! But no neighbours so can't gift anyone. Kinda pointless to play until I have people to play with. My expedition ran out earlier through BFG but that's a common occurrence for me when I run them. I usually have to do them two or three times before they succeed. Anyway I sent a ticket in with all my info and hopefully I have neighbours tomorrow. My concern is that my neighbour code seems to be different on the new site so I gave them both and my UI for here. Not sure what else they would need but I'm sure they will ask if the need anything else. Thanks for the info thought, much appreciated!

Zirz wrote:
juleslorraine wrote:I'm getting the same message. I can access the game now through BF but how much time that lasts in unknown as not much info is given. Even the Playme website doesn't seem to have much info. How do we sign in as the same user to not lose our progress? I'm not even sure how to start the game on their site as that is not clear either.

Jules, It worked for me, I have no neighbors thou. I even played a comp, to test it out. I figured they would be discontinuing here because of all the problems. The game changed my name to Rina (my real name) instead of Zirz. I just followed the instructions, you might have to allow adobe. Otherwise it's the same.

[Post New]by dalibo on Jan 26, 18 8:35 AM
I've just switched the RoM into the new version and lost all the neighbors
So I sent a question to PlayMe8. If I get any answer from them, I'll post it here.

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 8:36:41 AM PST

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Jan 26, 18 9:03 AM
I used the same login that I use for ROM on Big Fish. I kept all my BF assets and username. You do not keep the neighbors because the same people are not necessarily playing on PlayMe8. I am continuing to play through BF until such time as I cannot or until BF gives a definitive response. I am maintaining my javacupper account on PlayMe8 and, while I am not actively playing there, I am gifting daily.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jan 26, 18 9:12 AM
Name stayed the same but gave me a different neighbor code. I also have no neighbors. Looks like they could transfer everything but neighbors. What a shame.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 26, 18 9:14 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to stop in and let you know that as mentioned in other threads, we are continuing to look into why players are seeing this message.

I can certainly understand the concern a message like this would cause. The moderation team will keep working with the teams liaising with the developer and as soon as we have more information we will update our players here in the forum.

As there are a couple of threads on this topic, I am going to lock this one and ask that the conversation be continued in the following thread.

Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 4:15:45 PM PST

Go to: