bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 12, 10 12:05 AM
The famed writer Nathaniel Hawthorne has died during a freak snow storm, and his ghost has come to you, asking for help. Travel back and forth in time from the scene of the author's demise to the 17th century, where a town is going mad with rumors of witchcraft and a woman is facing the gallows. Unravel the secrets of Salem's accused witches and solve the death of Hawthorne in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, a fun Hidden Object game.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 8:51:33 AM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 12, 10 12:13 AM
Well,I've been really looking forward to trying and probably buying this one.But once again,the download system is NOT working.What's the point in paying for this when it doesn't work half the time?

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 12, 10 12:18 AM
Downloading fine for me. Try checking your firewall, maybe it blocks the download.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 12, 10 12:18 AM
Capthowdy64 wrote:Well,I've been really looking forward to trying and probably buying this one.But once again,the download system is NOT working.What's the point in paying for this when it doesn't work half the time?

Have you contacted Customer Service inregards to your having problems with downloads. Have you preformed Dr Felix test to see of you need any driver updates? I know it helped me last year when I was having a problem.

Pat

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 12:19:06 AM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 12, 10 12:19 AM
I turned it off.The thing is,it worked fine earlier.I'm just sick of this crap.

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Jun 12, 10 12:19 AM
I downloaded just fine............I remember I beta tested this game and have been waiting for it. Can't wait to purchase with my free credit....

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 12, 10 12:20 AM
I occasionally have trouble with the DL if I try to get the game too ealy. Wait about 5 min. and you may have a better DL.

I am getting the game now. I am wondering why there is an abbreviated Demo? The entire game is not that much larger. I have downloaded Demos of this size and maybe larger.

The graphics look good but i am wondering if tiny objects and dark scenes will make this a difficult game for me. So, I am going to try the Demo first.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 12, 10 12:21 AM
You have had a heap of trouble I noticed Capthowdy. The game would not download for me the first time I ran the file, the second time I had success.
I did buy the game straight up so it was not the sample file download I was trying,

I was wondering that too Bribling - about the sample file.
Hope it is not because it is a short a game

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 12:23:09 AM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 12, 10 12:23 AM
If you guys only knew how many Dr.Felix's I have done.Just Thursday,they tell me to uninstall my Game Manager.That's fine since a new one won't download.I have really been wanting to play this one.I guess it'll be Monday,AGAIN before anyone pulls their head together and performs some maintenance.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Jun 12, 10 12:27 AM
OK... so why is this not a CE?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 12, 10 12:32 AM
Keziah000 wrote:OK... so why is this not a CE?

I was wondering, perhaps the developer chose to keep the CE exclusive to their site - or maybe they cancelled the CE?

Well I for one am glad it's not

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 12, 10 12:33 AM
Capthowdy64, I have very fast downloads but this one is dragging so like bribling says, maybe a bit later. maybe none of us are sleeping tonight and the pond is full of downloading fish. (I think Dr. Felix is a quack)

bribling, Very funny, please just hush, I've had my fill of CEs this past month or so.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 12, 10 12:35 AM
To install a new game manager all you have to do is download a game and it will install before the game does.

I had no trouble whatsoever with the download and it played perfectly. I am using Windows 7 with a 1 tetrabyte harddrive computer.

The game made me jump 2 times during the demo and that alone was enough for me to buy it. I used a credit from the punch card, so if something does happen I won't feel as bad as if I had used money, lol.

The scenes are dark, of course, and some of the objects are pretty small, but since there is no timer you can take all the time you want to look for the smaller ones.

GREAT GAME. My score on a scale from 1 to 5 is FIVE! LOVE IT!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 12, 10 12:37 AM
No problems at all! - guess I am lucky!

WooHoo! I waited months for this game! True, the screens are more dark - but heck, no Edgar Allen Poe game passes without being my property first...

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!

Edited for typo.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 12:40:06 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jun 12, 10 12:40 AM
i had no problems downloading and trying the demo to make sure it worked, however when i purchased it and was waiting for it to activate i got an access violation so i closed the game manager, reopened it and it installed.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 12, 10 12:45 AM
Downloaded fine and played through the intro. Too sleepy to play. Looks like a buy but with all the tech problems as of late, I think I'll watch the posts as the day goes on.
Night All after 3:30 here.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 12:47:43 AM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jun 12, 10 1:02 AM
After 20 minutes played I decided to buy it, it is very scary, spooky game, I love it ,with the black bird watching. I donot think I will play it alone in a rainning night.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 12, 10 1:05 AM
OK, I did the Demo, I think, I reached a point where i could go no further. Did not play an hour but maybe I finiahed the Demo anyway (sometimes happens where there is a separate Demo).Despite the tiny objects in dark spaces, I used a coupon and am waiting for the second DL. I suppose I may have to start over.

Regarding the CE. This had the feel of a CE. A large game with extra play that is unlocked after you find the clovers. maybe they considered a CE and then decided not to do it. That might explain the Demo vers.

I thought the next game in this series was supposed to be "The Raven"? Must be having memory failure. Anyway, it seems to be a good game. I loved the first two Poe games!

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Jun 12, 10 1:17 AM
mine downloaded fine but it won't play /sigh

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 12, 10 1:20 AM
I'm glad some of you are enjoying this one. I haven't tried downloading it yet. Let's see, there was the Inquisitor early this month, and now the Salem witch trials... What's next for this journey thru horrible history? The Holocost? The trail of tears? Nine eleven? Medieval methods of confinement and torture? Slave trade? May as well throw in the black plague/black death for good measure... (- actually the aftermath of it could be pretty interesting though). How about the Donner party? (- now there's a hidden object game I don't think I want to see lol). Or my favorite horrifying idea - a southern plantation time management game, with slaves of course .

Update: I just finished playing the demo. Looks really excellent. The focus so far is on Nathaniel Hawthorne's death, rather than on the witch trials. So maybe this game is more about literature and it's author, than about the horrible history itself - don't know yet from just the demo.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 7:42:39 AM PST

Go to: