bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 12, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials forum

[Post New]by lj_brit on Jun 12, 10 12:21 AM
I beta tested this game ages ago. It looked a great game but had so many technical difficulties. I've been waiting for it to make "the shelves" so to speak. I am hoping that the long delay means the technical problems have been sorted. Down loading now with fingers crossed.

Quick update: Spent yesterday, deleting, reinstalling, re-booting, a few choice words and I get windows exe msg. My PC guru checked and my pc is up to date. I got further with the beta test. See there is now several pages under technical difficulties, some experiencing the exact same problem.

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 4:33:57 AM PST

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 12, 10 12:49 AM
I was going to purchase this one straight away, but after seeing your post Ij, I'm d/ling the demo to try it first. Hoping all goes well!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 12, 10 1:38 AM
I've had NO technical difficulties and have been playing about an hour or a little longer. I'm running Windows 7 and it's running beautifully.

[Post New]by chrishale1 on Jun 12, 10 3:05 AM
I played the demo no problems but when downloaded full game keep getting error message 'unhandled exception' Vector <T> too long. what does that mean?

[Post New]by beck77 on Jun 12, 10 3:36 AM
hi guys, i am stuck on the train trying to find something to rub onto the paper on the desk to be able to see morse code message, where is it?? i have been trying to work it out for a while now.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Jun 12, 10 3:41 AM
This is definitely a winner.
The cursor is a skeleton hand and you should definitely keep it moving
around as it will change color to grab a much needed object.
It also changes to eyeball (pretty blue color)
You get to interact with ghosts and asks questions to gather info.
There are hidden object scenes but they are not obnoxious "junk
piles" as some of the objects raise questions and so far that I saw
the objects actually belong to the time period.
I didn't come across any teeny tiny objects that had you shoving your
nose at the screen, or an object that you found yourself saying "THAT's
it??!!"
I also love the way certain scenes jumped at you (I don't want to give
it away so play it and you'll see!!)
Collect Ravens for hints and clovers for special bonus.
Tutorial is not overly obnoxious, enough to help out and guide
Wait till you meet Toto
I give this

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Jun 12, 10 4:56 AM
Access error message again. Hopefully this will come to another game site so I can try it. They always work fine elsewhere. BFG can't seem to solve this problem. May meed to rethink this membership..................

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 12, 10 5:12 AM
volnole68 wrote:Access error message again. Hopefully this will come to another game site so I can try it. They always work fine elsewhere. BFG can't seem to solve this problem.

volnole, I don't know where in the process the Access violation error occurs, but (as you assumed already, too) in my experience it is very often a problem of the BFG Game manager. So, if the d/l went OK and the problem occurs on starting the game, 1st try to restart the game, sometimes it runs on the 2nd try. More likely, the game manager will lock up at some point, so: restart the Game manager - if need be, reboot the computer for it (because the bfggameservices.exe often needs LONG to stop). It's worth a try; good luck!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Jun 12, 10 5:49 AM
volnole68 wrote:Access error message again. Hopefully this will come to another game site so I can try it. They always work fine elsewhere. BFG can't seem to solve this problem. May meed to rethink this membership..................

Volnole,

I also had the same problem. I'm running AVG as my AV. I uninstalled the game. Rebooted the PC and disabled my AV. Then I downloaded it again and it ran fine. Hopefully, your problem is your AV.

[Post New]by coach56 on Jun 12, 10 6:52 AM
Hi Beck: Did you find the train engine room?

[Post New]by BugsGerardi on Jun 12, 10 8:31 AM
uSE THE HUNK OF COAL TO RUB OVER THE PAPER ON DESK TO GET MORSE CODE. bUT i CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE CODE TO OPEN THE SAFE. hELP, ANYONE????

[Post New]by Pegmc22 on Jun 12, 10 8:36 AM
The code doesn't open it. Use the stethoscope on the safe.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Jun 12, 10 8:45 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I will certainly try them as I am tired of dealing with this. The access error occurs when I try to open the game after downloading. Same issue with Deadtime Stories which played just fine on another site. That makes me think it might be the game manager. Thanks again.

ubeacha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ubeacha on Jun 12, 10 8:58 AM
dogmama wrote:
volnole68 wrote:Access error message again. Hopefully this will come to another game site so I can try it. They always work fine elsewhere. BFG can't seem to solve this problem. May meed to rethink this membership..................

Volnole,

I also had the same problem. I'm running AVG as my AV. I uninstalled the game. Rebooted the PC and disabled my AV. Then I downloaded it again and it ran fine. Hopefully, your problem is your AV.

Thank you dogmama, I disabled and uninstalled Avast Antivirus and I was able to run the game without problems. I was having glitchy problems with it anyway. I will reinstall it at a later date.

[Post New]by mkuehn on Jun 12, 10 9:14 AM
I can't seem to find the cane for the ghost. Any hints or help. The hint keeps telling me to use one of the tools but nothing works. Did I miss something?

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 9:15:21 AM PST

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Jun 12, 10 9:50 AM
Go back until you get to the tree and there you'll find the cane.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 12, 10 10:04 AM
I have Avast antivirus and have never had any conflicts with it and BF games/downloads. Be sure to always go to the Avast icon in the toolbar, right click, and see to it that "silent/gaming mode" is checked. This might help with possible conflicts.

[Post New]by secretwriter on Jun 12, 10 10:10 AM
I'm having trouble with the game. Everytime, I exit out, and then I go back to the game, I'm at the beginning of the game again. Why isn't it saving?

[Post New]by eltugger on Jun 12, 10 10:57 AM
Played the demo. Bought the game. (Not really, used my free credit)
But, would have bought it. Agree with so many comments.
A little dark story, great graphics, not too easy, so far not to hard.
Just finished downloading the full version, off to play!!!
Thank you bfg, been needing a good hog game.

Go to: