bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

4 Elements - New Version Now Available

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 28, 08 9:08 AM
We have released a new version of 4 Elements on the our website. This new version lowers the difficulty of levels 63 and 64. Customers who have purchased this game can upgrade to the new version at no additional cost.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:4 Elements - New Version Now Available

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Oct 29, 08 1:09 PM
Just before they released the new edition i figured 63 out you need to get all the pieces out on the way while the arrows are being set off. you can move the water all the way to the end that way sweetie 58

[Post New]by chalkiemonster on Oct 29, 08 3:38 PM
The new version is great. I managed to get through the last two levels easily. I had given up in frustration before. thanks bigfish - this game is now really enjoyable.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 29, 08 4:17 PM
At last! I was able to actually finish this game, and am now going through a second time.

Many thanks to you, and the Playrix team for listening and getting us what we wanted.

((((fin hugs)))) to you all!

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Oct 29, 08 4:26 PM
Thank you very much. I will now be able to finish the game and my wrists will be happier for it. I know what I'll be doing tonight if I can't sleep

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 31, 08 1:11 AM
This was released the day I was out for most of the day...and I missed it. Glad to see the new version was released. Thanks, bfgErie !!

[Post New]by jellybean50 on Dec 4, 08 4:18 PM
What I would like to know is did they take the old version completely off and make it a purchase only game?

[Post New]by noni6195 on Dec 6, 08 7:45 PM
i enjoy your games very much but all my games i had paid for just will not respond at all thank you very much debraanne

Arkena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Arkena on Jan 25, 09 3:24 AM
Hope the next new version is compatable with Mac I like this game, but can only play it online,http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 31, 09 10:57 PM
There is a Mac version of this game. I purchased it on January 13, 2009, from the developer -- Playrix Entertaiment. From everything I have read on various forums, it has the old levels 63 and 64. After a gazillion tries, I beat level 63, but there is no way I will ever fill both the red and green bombs in level 64.

I just now came across this Big Fish post -- since I have a Mac, I had not even noticed the game was offered here on any platform. But, unless I am playing the revised easier version (I can't imagine I am), all you PC players should really be happy you have a solution to the frustration of playing all those levels just to be thwarted and disappointed not to finish.

I am not sure when the Mac version was released. It was featured on the Apple site in January, 2009. If it is even newer than the revised version for PC offered here, it is really strange that levels 63 and 64 have the original degree of difficulty.

*** According to Platrix, the Mac version s the revised edition. ***

Oh well, it is just a game. But in this case, for me, not a very rewarding diversion.

Edited on 02/22/2009 at 9:38:49 AM PST

yafster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by yafster on Mar 14, 09 9:24 AM
I guess I have the new version, I just downloaded it last mos.
It is my favorite game I finished and started over. How many games would you want to play again???
If there is a game out there that is as great as 4 Elements please let me know Im running low on games.
Yaffa

[Post New]by samysam1313 on Jun 24, 09 3:47 PM
I also would like to know if there are similiar games out there. I don't like Match 3 games, but 4 elements is different. I don't consider it a Match 3 game. It a great game considering it has a timer. I hate timers. I'm on level 64 now. I keep reading here that level 63 is the hardest one. But I had no problems with it. Level 64 is harder for me since it moves too fast.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 24, 09 3:52 PM
Have you tried Cindy's Travels? Not exactly the same, but then nothing is exactly the same as 4 Elements.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 24, 09 4:05 PM
Wait, what? How did I miss this announcement from 8 months ago!!??? I can't wait until the forum is organized better.

While I was able to get through level 63 & 64 every time I played this game, the new version will make it less frustrating.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 24, 09 4:08 PM
samysam1313 wrote:I also would like to know if there are similiar games out there. I don't like Match 3 games, but 4 elements is different. I don't consider it a Match 3 game. It a great game considering it has a timer. I hate timers. I'm on level 64 now. I keep reading here that level 63 is the hardest one. But I had no problems with it. Level 64 is harder for me since it moves too fast.

My other favorite Match 3 games are Fishdom & Paradise Quest (BF doesn't have this one).

[Post New]by thegumdropkid on Jun 26, 09 9:40 PM
How do I obtain the New 4 Elements Game? I cannot see it listed that way. Please help.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 26, 09 10:11 PM
Welcome to the pond! The "new" one is the one that is available for download now. If you installed the game after October 28th, then you have the new one. If you have the game from before then, just uninstall and then download it fresh.

Edited on 06/26/2009 at 10:11:30 PM PST

[Post New]by AnnieRose on Sep 25, 09 6:26 AM
Is this new version available in Mac format?
I just got to level 63 and was disappointed by the bad game design.
Why do this to the players?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 26, 09 2:06 PM
AnnieRose wrote:Is this new version available in Mac format?
I just got to level 63 and was disappointed by the bad game design.
Why do this to the players?

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Mac version has always been the revised, easier game.
There is more discussion and hints for conquering the last two levels in this thread: 4 Elements - last level - SO Mean -- http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/6092.page

Just keep trying -- you will be ble to get through those last two levels!!

Good luck!

[Post New]by KimbaGirl on Oct 17, 09 6:17 AM
You're kidding -- that Mac version IS the new one? I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and will never finish it. How disappointing that at the end it turned into yet another twitch game (which I always avoid due to my wrist problems). The same with Azada. Big waste of money. Such a pity, as i really loved 4 elements up until level 63!

Go to: