Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 27, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/28/2018 at 8:18:27 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 27, 18 3:44 AM
Its OK, not the kind of game Id play again, very predictable & we've seen it before. a tree that attacks & kills. At least its not too creepy. Why is it so hard for the Devs nowadays to think up something new? I could even come up w/ something better!

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 27, 18 3:48 AM
I played the beta of this game. I replayed it yesterday. This one starts out slow. Some things I wasn't crazy about like making tea. I thought it was a chore. I thought the puzzles were entertaining. But I don't like it difficult. At the end of the beta I wanted to keep going so I know I will buy it some time. I jumped a few times. There's a mystery here. I don't think it's as good as the first one but I haven't played it all the way yet, but I know I will.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 27, 18 3:48 AM
I personally enjoyed playing the demo. An attacking tree may not be all that original, but the extra story lines add some mystery to what all is happening. A jealous cousin, a cheating fiance?, a father who did something bad long ago. I loved that it had a lot of collectibles and morphs, both in and out of the HOPs. Lots of things to do, and lots of characters to figure out how they play into all of this. I'm intrigued.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 27, 18 5:26 AM

Mad Head Games should have made this new series more like an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Instead, they went from a Strangler in Paris to Killer Tree Roots? To make matters worse, the graphics are horrible at times, close ups in some scenes make everything look like it was drawn for a cartoon. I'm more than a little upset that MHG dropped the ball with this uninteresting plot.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 27, 18 7:06 AM
I played the Beta and my notes say:
Donna Brave and the Deathly Tree – great graphics, interesting story, even if I’ve seen it before. Mostly puzzles that I like. I am happy with the morphs in the HOS, and the tree has just gotten Donna and I want to know what happens next and what happened to the gardener’s son – although I think I know. This is a definite buy.

So, I'm going to go with my thoughts after the Beta, and make the purchase.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 27, 18 10:40 AM
Played the demo and then bought the game. I'm really enjoying it. Storyline isn't all that great. Wish it would be something other than tree roots. Worth a try to see if you like it.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 27, 18 10:52 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

Mad Head Games should have made this new series more like an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Instead, they went from a Strangler in Paris to Killer Tree Roots? To make matters worse, the graphics are horrible at times, close ups in some scenes make everything look like it was drawn for a cartoon. I'm more than a little upset that MHG dropped the ball with this uninteresting plot.

I'm happy with the game, but I agree that it would have been nice to make it more of a standard murder mystery. There are so many monsters, and very few real mysteries.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 27, 18 12:50 PM
And yet ANOTHER Boring & Silly game! Same recycled plot, pick up something and put it somewhere else. A silly victim who bears an uncanny resemblance to Ivanka, so I wasn't surprised to see the lips not moving.

Evil vines, plants and tree roots have been put at the top of my "dumb stuff" list, right next to smoky/misty hooded skulls with glowing eyes!

And why does every little thing take forever to happen, little pointlessly annoying time fillers?? I opened the letter, looked at it for awhile, took the flower off, looked at the flower and the letter, then looked at the letter and picked off the postcard/map, looked at that for awhile, then looked at the letter again while it zoomed in and scrolled down. Now, mind you, I could see and pretty much read everything in the first look! I swear in the first scene at the stream if that silly woman had screamed her shrill little "Help" one more time, I was going to go back to the train station and buy a ticket home!

As it is, I will NOT be buying this game now, or even the SE when it comes out as a new game in a few days!

Three (3)

And NO STARS, because if there were stars I would wish on them that BFG would start insisting on the Developers creating better games, or looking around to find new, fresh an challenging games. My time here (paying my monthly dues) is running short!

Abs out people!

Edited on 01/27/2018 at 3:16:00 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 27, 18 1:20 PM
Did not last the entire demo. What a slow moving game. I was in the first 2 scenes for so long collecting items, going back and forth. Then when you get into the house, there isn't one thing you come across that is not going to need something. You will constantly be going back and forth there more than outside. It is way too busy and all this does is hold you hostage to scenes and slow game play. You will be needing an over abundance of inventory items to complete tasks (looking all over to find ingredients to make a cup of tea). It is boring and very tedious. To add to all of this the story is absurd.

The graphics are very lacking with rays of light shining through rooms, shade and fog making it difficult to see. Good luck finding collectibles(whatever they are, they are very small) and morphs...both are very hard to find, slowing you up even more.

Came across one interactive hos...very dark. 2 puzzles I skipped...don't think puzzle enthusiasts are going to be impressed whatsoever. In the Extras it indicated there are 19 re playable hos. There is no indication of the amount of puzzles or re play of those....guess they want you to be surprised...and perhaps withhold the re play of them which should be a part of your CE extras.

I am not impressed with this game at all. It is not well balanced...the graphics are poor and not as clear as they should be. It is not well done and cannot be interesting or a pleasure to play with all of the unnecessary activities you must perform to proceed. I will not even be interested in this as a SE.

This demo was one big chore and not enjoyable at all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 28, 18 5:24 AM
I really like this game, and bought it. I also like the HOS and puzzles, and I am glad that I was able to enter a house that is not derelict and that has people in it. That alone made me want to buy this game.

And I did enjoy finding the ingredients and making the tea. I like games that involve baking and cooking and such in a kitchen.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 28, 18 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 29, 18 12:04 AM
I have finished the game, and didn't get bored once, which doesn't happen very often anymore with HOGs. Liked everything about the game.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 29, 18 8:36 PM
Valdy wrote:I have finished the game, and didn't get bored once, which doesn't happen very often anymore with HOGs. Liked everything about the game.

I agree with you, Valdy - I quite enjoyed playing this game. I even re-downloaded the 1st one to replay it.

Personally, I like games that I can relax and enjoy and I quite like that the map tells you where there is something to do. Also like that there were several collectibles/morphs, etc. to collect. I love searching for those items.

[Post New]by hamacrae on Feb 1, 18 1:58 PM
I'm in the house have gone up to the workshop, but there is no tea cup to collect. I can't even go back to the work bench to look for it. Has anyone had this issue? I can't get any further without the tea cup. Can't even put the iron down since I can't fix the lamp cord without playing the tea cup section.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 10, 18 4:45 PM
I was originally going to say that I didn't like the game due to a few things irking me, but after reading the reviews, I went back for a second look and discovered that I could put those minor things aside and enjoy the game.

There are lots of things to do which I like, different puzzles not too many HOPS, clear and crisp graphics, lots of locations, more collectables than this developer usually provides, so I will purchase this game.

It's a buy for me!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 17, 18 8:42 PM
Valdy wrote:I really like this game, and bought it. I also like the HOS and puzzles, and I am glad that I was able to enter a house that is not derelict and that has people in it. That alone made me want to buy this game.

And I did enjoy finding the ingredients and making the tea. I like games that involve baking and cooking and such in a kitchen.

AND
I really like this game, and bought it. I also like the HOS and puzzles, and I am glad that I was able to enter a house that is not derelict and that has people in it. That alone made me want to buy this game.

Valdy says it all for me to !!!
The only thing I had a problem with was finding the collectibles sometimes but that is what the hidden objects games are supposed to be like.
I'm giving this one a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale....Well done Devs.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Apr 4, 18 6:13 PM
I liked this game. I like when there's a map that tells you if there' s a collectible & Mo in it.

Go to: