Full screen mode

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Full screen mode

[Post New]by Staril on Jun 12, 10 6:45 AM
Is it just me? On my screen the "full screen mode" is about half the size of my screen and is stuck in the centre with a very wide black border around it. I tried changing to window mode and that was exactly the same size of image. The game looks great but that size is far too small for me to work with. Has anyone got any ideas? I play a lot of games from here and have never had this problem before ... so I don't think it is a problem with my set up etc. But ... if no one else has the problem ... then I need to check. I'll email support later ... just wanted to check with the people here first.

Thanks

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Full screen mode

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 12, 10 6:54 AM
Hi staril
The game played full screen on my monitor which is 22 inch widescreen.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 12, 10 6:57 AM
Me too govegril

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 7:09 AM
I tried it twice and even turned down my resolution and it stayed in Window Screen Mode.

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Jun 12, 10 7:12 AM
I'm glad it wasn't just me then. I've sent it to support already so I'll see what they say.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 7:14 AM
Govegirl and other player had you used trial version or did you buy it? Right now I have uninstalled it and will reinstall to see if it helps.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 7:18 AM
No luck still window screen size. When I click on full screen it doesn't change much just a little.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 12, 10 7:38 AM
nanaseaweed, I purchased mine, not sure that make a difference Sorry you will have to contact support

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 7:45 AM
Thanks govegril for the reply. I used a credit to purchase it and it still has the screen problem. What I noticed is it wants to get bigger but it won't fill out the monitor. I'll keep fiddling around with my controls.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jun 12, 10 8:25 AM
Runs full screen on my desktop Windows XP PC with 23" screen.

But on my WIN 7 laptop with 16" screen, the game is centered in the middle of the screen with wide black bars on both sides.

I have gotten around this before by changing the screen resolution, but nothing works with this game. Even if I take the screen resolution down to its lowest possibility, the screen resolution of this one just doesn't budge. It's almost like something is hard coded in the game

Wide screen correction should always be included in options.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 8:27:14 AM PST

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Jun 12, 10 8:29 AM
This PC is also Win7 ... wonder if that might be the cause ... or part of it.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 8:42 AM
mine is too with aero card turned off. I've gone into my computers inner workings but I'm not savvy enough to understand it all.

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Jun 12, 10 8:51 AM
Hi also have screen issues playing on new Win7 comp. 23in monitor. game is less than half the size of screen! also when downloaded, went right to ghost scene, no options! or player name

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 12, 10 12:23 PM
rachacha wrote:Hi also have screen issues playing on new Win7 comp. 23in monitor. game is less than half the size of screen! also when downloaded, went right to ghost scene, no options! or player name

If you go bk out to the main menu , it will give the list of players & options. I found this when i finished the demo.
after demo went bk in and put my name in BUT had to start over...WAS EASIER the 2nd time.

I have a 23 " ACER W Screen & using XP-3

Hope you find everything OK
PEN

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 12, 10 4:27 PM
Hi all,
I have been playing the game on the window screen mode. I can see things pretty well. It seems to be an interesting game! Love the sound effects!! So I would say try it to my other fishy friends who ran into the same problem I did. Hopefully it gets resolved because we deserve to play it like everyone else.
Nana

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jun 12, 10 11:05 PM
Did anyone get a response from Customer Support? I am having this problem also and it is very frustrating-I tried changing my screen resolution with no results. I had to quit playing the game after I bought it b/c it was giving me a headache!

I am playing on a brand new Sony Viao All in one with Windows 7-not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but if anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 11:07:00 PM PST

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on Jun 12, 10 11:14 PM
I had the same problem, I have a new Windows 7 wide screen laptop and the game opened up in small screen. I tweeked and fiddled and finally changed screen resolution to 1024x768, which is ridiculous, but it works in full screen now.
I wish they would put the screen resolution in the system requirements list. I have resolution issues with almost all games now on my wide screen laptop.
Hope this helps.
Kath

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jun 13, 10 9:28 AM
I tried changing my screen resolution (it is 1680x1050 normally) to 1024x768 but no luck. I see that it is not a problem that everyone is having and it didn't do it while I had trial version so going to try and uninstall and reinstall it and see if that works.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 18, 10 5:09 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi all,
I have been playing the game on the window screen mode. I can see things pretty well. It seems to be an interesting game! Love the sound effects!! So I would say try it to my other fishy friends who ran into the same problem I did. Hopefully it gets resolved because we deserve to play it like everyone else.
Nana

Just an update to this problem. I downloaded the Edgar Allen Poe mystery game. I had forgotten I had played this before somewhere else. It ran the same way on this computer as the Witch Trials one. So I think that the computer is handling it fine. Maybe later on I will learn how to expand it, if possible.
Sally

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 18, 10 5:12 AM
woo hoo I MORPHED!

Go to: