frogmatic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

to neighbours of frogmatic

[Post New]by frogmatic on Jan 27, 18 8:40 PM
To my awesome RoM neighbours,
The time has come to hang up my RoM hat. I’ve tried the switch to the PlayMe8 site, but the lag for me is unworkable – it takes 30 secs just to spin the Fortune Wheel and searching HOS is so slow that I get over-clicking penalties contsantly. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted! Thank you for all the help and best wishes for the future. Kathy

glca
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:to neighbours of frogmatic

[Post New]by glca on Jan 27, 18 9:27 PM
Oh no, say it ain't so!! You were our first neighbor and one of the very best neighbors we've ever had and an amazing guild mate. We're finding PlayMe8 to be quite nice; very quick, nicer interface.. I was hoping PlayMe8 would be better for you, not worse! I can't imagine our hoods without you there!!!

Do stay in touch
Gabrielle & John

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Jan 27, 18 10:01 PM
Hello, Kathy,

Try playing on BF until they found out if PlayMe8 is really pulling the game. We don't know if the message is true or not & neither does BF.

I would hate to see you leave! You are a wonderful neighbor!

Stick around BF with me since I don't plan to move to PlayMe8. If they pull them game, then we will know or if not we will still be on BF. Or, you can come play Midnight Castle with me! LOL!

Billye

draeko1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by draeko1 on Jan 28, 18 11:46 AM
Hi Kathy, so sorry to hear that you are leaving. If we all can't convince you to stay then I wish you well with everything you do.

We will miss you.

Kind regards
Annie

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Jan 28, 18 12:42 PM
BillyeLH wrote:
Stick around BF with me since I don't plan to move to PlayMe8.
Billye

Kathy - I don't plan to move to playme8 either, so stick around with me too! I am saddened to see so many players jumping ship, but not all of us are moving. And if ROM does get dropped from BF, like Billye says, we can check out Midnight Castle. -jen

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jan 28, 18 12:57 PM
PlusJenney wrote:
And if ROM does get dropped from BF, like Billye says, we can check out Midnight Castle. -jen

I have played Midnight Castle for the last 4 months and I love it. I can actually see the items I'm searching for.

Kathy you are not a nbr of mine but I wish you all the best.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Jan 28, 18 1:15 PM
Here is my thought, BFG could not of put the notice that the game would not be updated as it is within the ROM game itself so it had to be put there by PM8. I've moved to PM8 and am accumulating friends back by code or new ones. I would have a hard time staying with BFG if there weren't any new updates.

Edited on 01/28/2018 at 1:16:15 PM PST

[Post New]by _Sweetgrass_ on Jan 28, 18 1:25 PM
nautilis123 wrote:Here is my thought, BFG could not of put the notice that the game would not be updated as it is within the ROM game itself so it had to be put there by PM8. I've moved to PM8 and am accumulating friends back by code or new ones. I would have a hard time staying with BFG if there weren't any new updates.

I have a more critical opinion of this situation. It looks, to me, that playme8 purposefully left BF in the dark and now they're scrambling to figure out what's going on. This is an assumption on my part and may not be accurate but, again to me, it looks like playme8 left BF wrong footed at the beginning of a weekend, to give players time to use BF's resources to resituate themselves. Players have been using the forum (paid for by BF) and sending messages to their employees (again, being funded by BF) all while BF looks to be the financial loser in this whole thing. Again, this is just my opinion but, if accurate, it doesn't shed the most flattering light on playme8.

frogmatic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by frogmatic on Jan 28, 18 8:17 PM
Thanks all, you have been such wonderful neighbours & guildmates.

I’ll look in from time to time to see if BF tells us what is going on, but I don’t hold much hope as they haven’t been very forthcoming about other games that weren’t going to be updated.

I’ll also check the PlayMe8 site occassionally, something may improve at their end (or mine). I’m keeping a list of neighbour codes so I can find you there if I start playing again.

Gabrielle & John, you are the best!! I’ll keep in touch one way or another.

In the mean time, I’d love to see those of you playing in my MC ‘hood/s! My codes are:
PC: 25458 , playing as Niblick the Great
iPad: i2461038 , playing as Rogue Wharly

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Jan 29, 18 4:50 AM
I agree _sweetgrass_. Doing the new registration starting on Friday was an easy way to get many people registered onto their site. With what bfMurray stated in another discussion, they would be looking into it and were unaware that updates would stop to their site. I think PM8 blind sighted them, but it is the same game and PM8 owns it.

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 4:50:54 AM PST

Go to: