Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Outlive here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 18 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/28/2018 at 8:21:28 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Outlive here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 28, 18 8:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for The Unseen Fears: Outlive! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Unseen Fears: Outlive.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by mkctome on Jan 28, 18 10:49 AM
I started the free trial and immediately was bogged down in dialogue. Too much unnecessary stuff in the beginning. I lost interest and exited. Maybe it gets better, but you lost me at the beginning......Will not purchase.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jan 29, 18 2:02 PM
Wow!
This game is a perfect balance between fantasy and reality! I bought it within 10 mins of demo. Though not a fan of "Survivor", I'm finding this game's story is pretty cool.

I'm at Ch. 4 (Aida's Cave), it's one of the most FUN games I've played in a while. The puzzles and mini-games aren't difficult but, they pop up at the right places as do the HOPs. The sense of adventure is always present and across all locations (so far). Love the graphics too! The dialogues, IMHO, are just right.

I will update this once I'm finished. Just had to pop in to say kudos to this team for putting in so much thought and effort.

ETA: Finished! +
It continued to be intriguing and fun thanks to no overuse of supernatural powers. It's a refreshingly different approach to fantasy game play via graphics and story....takes it to a whole new level. I found this to be a really long game which I'd usually play over 2-3 days but just couldn't stop! I rarely used the map even to transport as game play is very intuitive plus I enjoyed checking out all the crazy details in each scene.

Puzzles & HOPS could have been made more challenging or maybe it's best to play in "Hardcore" level. The silhouette search and insert HOPs that turned into story-telling pages were cool. Not difficult, just very different.

Story-wise, I'm glad it goes off at a tangent from the "Survivor" theme to explore why/how the evil entity came to be. Some VOs were awful to my ears......yee gawd, that Mina's voice felt irritating! So, I played with volume off for a bit after she showed up.

I couldn't get the significance of Karbunko's (the director) initial morphing into the Greek God, Pan (flute et al!) or why he is shown - at the end- to (spoiler = highlight text to read) remain in this form and not returned to his human self ? This bit was truly Greek to me.

Fabulous game - great job by Devs.!

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 8:10:04 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 29, 18 3:30 PM

Unfortunately, the only feature I enjoyed in this second addition to The Unseen Fears series, was finding the collectible Masks, that were very cleverly hidden in each scene location. And to double up on the unfortunateness, the Masks are only available within the Collector's Edition version. I actually gave the CE version, 3 Stars on my review of the demo, but I quickly discovered that after the demo, there was very little improvement, in fact, the plot just kept getting more ridiculous chapter by chapter, until I had finally had enough!

Not all my feelings are negative about this game, there are 5 Chapters total, and the chapters are quite lengthy, so IF you like this story line, it's well worth the money, even more so with the CE version which also has a Bonus Chapter AND a Hidden Chapter!  I know that it's only a game,  I get it, but The Unseen Fears in my opinion,  should be about the paranormal, not about a million different weird features that are about this and that, going in about a million different directions. For instance, after the demo there's a man glued to the wall, and he's a shapeshifter, but it has nothing to do with how things got the way they are, it wouldn't matter if he wasn't a shapeshifter. Then I use a curse antidote on the lizard lady, and it appears to burn a hole into her shoulder. The next thing I know, A Hidden Object Scene appears on her shoulder! It's just weird, and this isn't a fantasy game, well it is, but it shouldn't be!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 13, 18 12:48 PM
Radgame wrote:Wow!
This game is a perfect balance between fantasy and reality! I bought it within 10 mins of demo. Though not a fan of "Survivor", I'm finding this game's story is pretty cool.

I'm at Ch. 4 (Aida's Cave), it's one of the most FUN games I've played in a while. The puzzles and mini-games aren't difficult but, they pop up at the right places as do the HOPs. The sense of adventure is always present and across all locations (so far). Love the graphics too! The dialogues, IMHO, are just right.

I will update this once I'm finished. Just had to pop in to say kudos to this team for putting in so much thought and effort.

ETA: Finished! +
It continued to be intriguing and fun thanks to no overuse of supernatural powers. It's a refreshingly different approach to fantasy game play via graphics and story....takes it to a whole new level. I found this to be a really long game which I'd usually play over 2-3 days but just couldn't stop! I rarely used the map even to transport as game play is very intuitive plus I enjoyed checking out all the crazy details in each scene.

Puzzles & HOPS could have been made more challenging or maybe it's best to play in "Hardcore" level. The silhouette search and insert HOPs that turned into story-telling pages were cool. Not difficult, just very different.

Story-wise, I'm glad it goes off at a tangent from the "Survivor" theme to explore why/how the evil entity came to be. Some VOs were awful to my ears......yee gawd, that Mina's voice felt irritating! So, I played with volume off for a bit after she showed up.

I couldn't get the significance of Karbunko's (the director) initial morphing into the Greek God, Pan (flute et al!) or why he is shown - at the end- to (spoiler = highlight text to read) remain in this form and not returned to his human self ? This bit was truly Greek to me.

Fabulous game - great job by Devs.!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 13, 18 12:51 PM
i loved this game too. i must have missed the CE when it came out but anymore CE'S aren't worth the extra money you pay for them.

Go to: