Is playing at playme8 compulsory?

[Post New]by prism_power on Jan 28, 18 3:30 AM
Can someone confirm about the advantages and disadvantages of playing at playme8 and also at bigfish games? Please suggest where is it better.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Re:Is playing at playme8 compulsory?

[Post New]by afspam on Jan 28, 18 7:48 AM
I believe the message you get indicates that they are not updating the version at BF. There is no indication that it will cease to exist. You can play either.

Mare45
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mare45 on Jan 30, 18 12:47 PM
Prism the only disadvantage that I can see is that moving you will loose a lot of your neighbors from BF unless you notify them of your new ID # in Playme. Personally I just got tired of all the interruptions from BF and decided to move. If in fact BF is not being updated, then what's the point of playing in there. You would just go nowhere. Anyway, I've moved and it's a secure site so to me there's no difference. Should you decide to move, my new ID is sk5zkK if you need a neighbor.

[Post New]by prism_power on Jan 31, 18 4:42 AM
afspam wrote:I believe the message you get indicates that they are not updating the version at BF. There is no indication that it will cease to exist. You can play either.

Thank You.

[Post New]by prism_power on Jan 31, 18 4:44 AM
Mare45 wrote:Prism the only disadvantage that I can see is that moving you will loose a lot of your neighbors from BF unless you notify them of your new ID # in Playme. Personally I just got tired of all the interruptions from BF and decided to move. If in fact BF is not being updated, then what's the point of playing in there. You would just go nowhere. Anyway, I've moved and it's a secure site so to me there's no difference. Should you decide to move, my new ID is sk5zkK if you need a neighbor.

I shall surely invite you. Thanks.

[Post New]by DaisyNewbury on Jan 31, 18 7:50 AM
This is what I have learned from my questions to PLAYME8 Support... not much really:

- they do not specify when BF site will no longer have ROM, I asked them twice and they seem to not want to give a date
- once you set up your profile/acct on PMe8, you have committed yourself to playing there and your account is converted from BF to PMe8. If you continue to play on BF game still after you set up your PMe8 acct, no additional conversion or update of your PMe8 acct will be done from BF... I proved this too. So you effectively are not progressing on PMe8 and when they cut BF, you are back to what you were when you initially set up PMe8
- your neighbours do come over when you convert to PMe8 Support told me, but only the ones who also set up on PMe8 show up, becuz they can't show the others since PMe8 doesn't see them there yet... and Support said they may create a new profile/acct on PMe8 instead of keeping their old one.
- I asked for documentation on this conversion, and got nothing... guess we learn from each other's questions.

... so bottom line... No using PMe8 now is not compulsory... but it will be once BF games announces they are shutting their site down.

have fun playing

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 31, 18 4:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base about the topics being discussed in this thread. Thank you, DaisyNewbury, for taking the time to share this information with your fellow players.

The Moderation Team is still seeking more information about the message that recently appeared in our version of Rooms of Memory. We sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we seek further clarification from the game's developers. Playing Rooms of Memory on PlayMe8's website isn't compulsory, either. I'm sorry I'm not able to provide more information about this subject. As soon as we receive more news, we'll announce it here in the forum.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help and glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by prism_power on Feb 6, 18 5:16 AM
DaisyNewbury wrote:This is what I have learned from my questions to PLAYME8 Support... not much really:

- they do not specify when BF site will no longer have ROM, I asked them twice and they seem to not want to give a date
- once you set up your profile/acct on PMe8, you have committed yourself to playing there and your account is converted from BF to PMe8. If you continue to play on BF game still after you set up your PMe8 acct, no additional conversion or update of your PMe8 acct will be done from BF... I proved this too. So you effectively are not progressing on PMe8 and when they cut BF, you are back to what you were when you initially set up PMe8
- your neighbours do come over when you convert to PMe8 Support told me, but only the ones who also set up on PMe8 show up, becuz they can't show the others since PMe8 doesn't see them there yet... and Support said they may create a new profile/acct on PMe8 instead of keeping their old one.
- I asked for documentation on this conversion, and got nothing... guess we learn from each other's questions.

... so bottom line... No using PMe8 now is not compulsory... but it will be once BF games announces they are shutting their site down.

have fun playing

Can we re-register in playme8 later and get the achievements synchronised with the ones in bigfish?

[Post New]by prism_power on Feb 6, 18 5:19 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base about the topics being discussed in this thread. Thank you, DaisyNewbury, for taking the time to share this information with your fellow players.

The Moderation Team is still seeking more information about the message that recently appeared in our version of Rooms of Memory. We sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we seek further clarification from the game's developers. Playing Rooms of Memory on PlayMe8's website isn't compulsory, either. I'm sorry I'm not able to provide more information about this subject. As soon as we receive more news, we'll announce it here in the forum.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help and glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

What are the disadvantages when Rooms of Memory is not updated Any further?

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 6, 18 8:46 PM
Since I am one of the hold outs on BF, I can tell you what is happening now.
Cons: your neighbours go to sleep and you can't visit them every day to get gold, gifts and experience nor are they gifting you (mine still are for the moment); you have trouble completing expeditions as there are no neighbors or not enough to help you; and in order to launch an expedition you will have to buy them for 20 crystals; because you don't have enough neighbours you have trouble completing runes (the 3 dragons), artifacts and relics.
Pros: I am hoping I will win a jackpot as there will be less people competing on BF but maybe not if we are all on the same server.
Perhaps BF will drop ROM as in order to move forward in the game you are quite dependent on having neighbours.

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on Feb 6, 18 11:49 PM
With respect Energyworker, may I ask the reason for your holdout please?

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 7, 18 3:09 AM
Energy, if you come over to PM8 you would not have these problems. We are waiting for you.

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Feb 7, 18 4:35 AM
Energyworker sums it up well. I too am still on BF. I went from 100 neighbors to 68. Most of my remaining neighbors are still awake, but I am now getting only about 10 gifts per day, and with only 10 or so truly active neighbors it is difficult if not impossible to finish the dragon runes or complete an expedition.

Neighbors are what make the game fun and interesting. The game via BF is no longer enjoyable.

I have been a BF customer for several years, and have purchased a few downloadable games from them. They are a reputable, trustworthy company and I am comfortable giving them my credit card information when I want to make a purchase. PM8 may also be just as trustworthy, but they are unknown to me so at this point I am not willing to go directly to the PM8 collective. If BF and PM8 work out their differences and BF updates their ROM portal to go to the new PM8 servers, I will come join all my friends who moved. In the meantime, I will continue to wait on the BF side. I have collected a list of my neighbors' PM8 codes and hopefully we will all be together again soon. I miss you all!

-jen (7of9)

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 7, 18 7:06 AM
PlusJenney wrote:Energyworker sums it up well. I too am still on BF. I went from 100 neighbors to 68. Most of my remaining neighbors are still awake, but I am now getting only about 10 gifts per day, and with only 10 or so truly active neighbors it is difficult if not impossible to finish the dragon runes or complete an expedition.

Neighbors are what make the game fun and interesting. The game via BF is no longer enjoyable.

I have been a BF customer for several years, and have purchased a few downloadable games from them. They are a reputable, trustworthy company and I am comfortable giving them my credit card information when I want to make a purchase. PM8 may also be just as trustworthy, but they are unknown to me so at this point I am not willing to go directly to the PM8 collective. If BF and PM8 work out their differences and BF updates their ROM portal to go to the new PM8 servers, I will come join all my friends who moved. In the meantime, I will continue to wait on the BF side. I have collected a list of my neighbors' PM8 codes and hopefully we will all be together again soon. I miss you all!

-jen (7of9)

Ditto. I too am a BF customer and have a lot of their games. However since it is only the one game and not one I paid for I MAY MOVE SOON. I miss my neighbours and have enjoyed that side of it. My PM8 neighbours have been so very generous on the BF side! Meanwhile Midnight Castle is holding my attention for now. I know you are all waiting for Billye to move to PM8. I have told her not to wait for me. I made a list of all the codes my neighbours (32 of them) sent me but Billye has not so perhaps you could send her yours.

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on Feb 7, 18 1:14 PM
PlusJenney wrote:Energyworker sums it up well. I too am still on BF. I went from 100 neighbors to 68. Most of my remaining neighbors are still awake, but I am now getting only about 10 gifts per day, and with only 10 or so truly active neighbors it is difficult if not impossible to finish the dragon runes or complete an expedition.

-jen (7of9)

I second Energyworker's sentiments. I am staying on BFG until they issue a response regarding the future of RoM on their portal. I also have copied down a list of my neighbors' new IDs.

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on Feb 7, 18 1:42 PM
That's a fair call Jenney and Energyworker re: credit cards. I am still logging in everyday to bfg to gift you and a few others Jenney, happy to gift you as well Energyworker if you would like? bfg T39n8n

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 8, 18 9:59 AM
Evalm wrote:That's a fair call Jenney and Energyworker re: credit cards. I am still logging in everyday to bfg to gift you and a few others Jenney, happy to gift you as well Energyworker if you would like? bfg T39n8n

Thank you Evalm, I've sent you an invite.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Feb 8, 18 3:52 PM
I too am holding out on the BFG side and experience similar results as mentioned by Energyworker, PlusJenny, and others. Most of my neighbors have gone sleeping and I get only on average 8 gifts a day.

I too am a LONG time BFG customer and have been playing ROM for 4.5 - 5 years. My reason for not moving to PlayMe8? I agree with PlusJenny, I trust BFG with my data, I really don't know if I can trust my data with PlayMe8. I really miss my neighbors, and I miss what this game used to be on BFG. If a decision isn't made soon from BFG, I may need to move to other games. I have plenty other games that I have neglected the last 4.5 years!

I should also mention, that I have complete the Valley of the Magicians, and Japan, and with no offers coming, I really don't have much to do on ROM. I have ONE offer that I missed playing the first time it came out, so I payed the gems to access and working through that. I fully expect to pay for the expedition myself so I can complete it. After that, there will be NOTHING left for me to do....but to walk away!

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 3:59:41 PM PST

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Feb 9, 18 9:11 AM
mommerj wrote:[...]I trust BFG with my data, I really don't know if I can trust my data with PlayMe8. [...]

I think by playing through the BF portal it has left people a bit confused. The actual game was always hosted on the .ru servers, linked to BF through the portal. I suspect that when you bought coins or gems you were providing your credit card info to the developers, not to BF.

Leia1960
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Leia1960 on Feb 9, 18 12:08 PM
Energyworker has a grand scheme re jackpot, but I don't see that they gave a jackpot yesterday and the two most recent quests on PM8 did not appear on BF.

Go to: