taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Can't Accept Friend Requests

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jan 28, 18 1:10 PM
This isn't for me but a friend. She's currently not allowed to post in the forum because she's kind of a "Rebel", if you know what I mean.

Sadly her house burned down January 1 and she had to get a new laptop. She is at level 10 but unable to accept friend invites. Do you have to be at a certain level to accept friends? It's been so long that I don't remember (or I'm having a senior moment).

She has deleted and reinstalled MC and the game manager 4 times. The friend requests are still there but she can't accept. I told her to try what a moderator suggested and update her video driver plus run as administrator. Still nothing.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Re:Can't Accept Friend Requests

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 28, 18 1:19 PM
You can have friends starting at level 6 when Just John appears as your first friend
:-)

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jan 28, 18 1:23 PM
Thank you for responding. I forgot to add that she was able to accept our buddy John but has 7 requests she can't accept. Will pass the info on.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jan 28, 18 1:30 PM
Hi !! it also depends if the friends are on the same platform as your friend . If she is on PC then she can only accept PC friends . She will not be able to accept friends playing on IOS or Android . We can not cross platforms .

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jan 28, 18 1:41 PM
Thanks, AZ. Yes, we're both playing on Win10 laptops but she can't accept my request.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 28, 18 1:48 PM
I have another friend with that problem. She currently has a request in with Customer Support since her game also froze every time she tried to accept an invite. She has requested that we all withdraw our invites. I don't know if that was a recommendation from customer support. I will post or have her post if the problem has been resolved.

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jan 28, 18 1:53 PM
Thank you, doc. She's been away from MC for a couple years and I got her back into it. Will watch for any response from your friend and hope for the best!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 28, 18 2:15 PM
I had this happen once or twice on my game.....have your friend write down the in-game ID of those players who have sent her a request.....

Then have her send an invite to those IDs ..... the game will do one of 2 things:

1. Send the request to the friend and they can accept........ or

2. Just connect her to the friend because they have already sent the request.

.....Worth a shot.....if it works then she is golden.....if not, then there is always the Customer Support route.

[Post New]by WildCat1988 on Jan 28, 18 9:11 PM
Annelliegram wrote:I had this happen once or twice on my game.....have your friend write down the in-game ID of those players who have sent her a request.....

Then have her send an invite to those IDs ..... the game will do one of 2 things:

1. Send the request to the friend and they can accept........ or

2. Just connect her to the friend because they have already sent the request.

.....Worth a shot.....if it works then she is golden.....if not, then there is always the Customer Support route.

Can't accept or send friend requests, that part of the game freezes up to where I can't do anything. I'm currently at Level 12 since I can still play the game.

[Post New]by WildCat1988 on Feb 3, 18 9:20 PM
This is an update to my situation: Now at level 14 and still unable to request/accept friend requests. I was surprised when "John" gave me an item from my "Wish List" but that's all I can do at the "Social" part of my game. I sent a message to TECH SUPPORT but got only a generic reply & they wanted to know how their Support Team is doing by submitting a survey.

I just want to know what's being done to solve my problem, I feel like an "step" child with an evil Step-Mother while playing, no one to join me in my game! It has been over 72hrs since I reported this issue.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Feb 3, 18 11:55 PM
Keep replying to the tech support messages and tell them that the problem is not fixed or they will think your problem has been fixed. Eventually you will get a live tech.

DeeJay46

[Post New]by WildCat1988 on Feb 4, 18 10:06 AM
lanky46musician wrote:Keep replying to the tech support messages and tell them that the problem is not fixed or they will think your problem has been fixed. Eventually you will get a live tech.

DeeJay46

Thank you, I'll keep bugging them until something is done. I even click on the "Check for Updates" every time I open my Game Manager. So far my game is up-to-date.
Like the old song: One is the loneliness number!

Go to: