Rinkatplay
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Finished : Is first Midnight Mystery just as good.

[Post New]by Rinkatplay on Jun 12, 10 1:08 PM
I finished I enjoyed it. Got through with no hints, skips or anything. Got 3 awards at end of game. Just pieces of paper but I think this is the first time that I got through a game with no hints and no skips. Found all my clovers and all the crows.
Now can somebody please tell me is the Edgar Allen Poe Midnight Mystery is just as good? Do have some game club credits to use but don't want to use if not the same as this one. I do not want just HOG game. If it combined like this one I am interested.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Rink

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:Finished : Is first Midnight Mystery just as good.

[Post New]by misty5 on Jun 12, 10 1:14 PM
Hi, Rinkatplay. Yes, the first Midnight Mystery is just as good as this one. Same blend of HOG and adventure and same excellent graphics, storyline, music, etc. Demo it first just to be sure, but I think you'll be happy to spend a credit on it. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by secretwriter on Jun 12, 10 1:19 PM
I actually adored the first one, this one was just as good. I can't wait to see what the next one will be!

Rinkatplay
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by Rinkatplay on Jun 12, 10 1:19 PM
I must of already did the Demo on this a long time ago cause it won't let me Demo now. So I am counting on all you guys to let me know your take on it. Thanks for you advice misty5. Anybody else agree?

[Post New]by trishinomaha1 on Jun 12, 10 1:21 PM
I agree with the other comments - the first one is just as good as this one. I hope we see more from this game creator! I say go for it!

Rinkatplay
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by Rinkatplay on Jun 12, 10 1:27 PM
Thanks everybody

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 1:27:34 PM PST

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Jun 12, 10 9:11 PM
[b]Yes. I bought the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I replay it occasionally and still have to think about what to do. So well worth the money.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 12, 10 9:15 PM
The Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy is my favorite HOG, coming in right behind Madame Fate. I haven't played MM2 (this one) yet, but only because I had a birthday party to organize today and didn't want to be distracted

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Jun 12, 10 9:19 PM
Thanks for asking that question, Rinkatplay. I thought from the reviews it sounded pretty good but didn't know if it would be a letdown after this one. And thanks to all of you who answered the question.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 12, 10 9:29 PM
I tried playing the first one long ago and just could not get into it for some reason. But I really enjoyed this one. It's funny you never know what you might like until you try it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 13, 10 7:32 AM
I can't believe I finished this game with some help from the forum and some thinking from me.I thought this would be a really hard game but, if you move your mouse around everywhere, you'll find things you'll need later in the game. I was going to wait for the walkthrough but I truly believe we all can complete this game with help from the forum and brain work. If I could do it, anyone can. Happy gaming fishies and good luck. Don't ever underestimate yourselves.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jun 13, 10 8:15 AM
I thought it was every bit as good ! Knew I would buy, but did the demo anyway.
Kinda the same with the Puppet Shows (however I won't get another CE) - just knew I would want it!!

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 13, 10 3:30 PM
Be warned that the 1st one re: Poe is mostly HOG. I'm still on the first case, but thus far, except for a few puzzles, HOG, HOG, HOG! Please correct me if I am wrong.

Beautifully done game, good story line and graphics, but thus far, the only challenges I am finding is just unearthing the well hidden objects.

penhaligon
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by penhaligon on Jun 13, 10 9:38 PM
I agree. The Poe one is mostly HOG - the second one is soooo much more fun.

I re-downloaded the first one again after these comments thinking I had misremembered, but I agree with you. Not nearly the adventure the second one is.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jun 14, 10 4:25 AM
I FINISHED THE GAME!
I did it without the walkthrough being up. I am sooo proud of myself.
Collected all the
Got all the Ravens.
EXCELLENT_ALL THE WAY!!!!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 14, 10 4:54 AM
Absolutely, Rinkatplay!! In fact, I found this version to be more intense than the Edgar Allen Poe version. If you haven't already downloaded the game (as of this writing), be advised that you will NOT be wasting your game credit. Mumbo Jumbo (game's producer) seems to do an excellent job in the HOG arena. I hope they're working on (if one is not soon to be released) the next Midnight Mystery. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy!!

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 4:55:36 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 14, 10 5:24 AM
I was a little disappointed when I went to all the trouble of collecting all the shamrocks, the hidden object scenes they provided, there was only one new one that I hadn't seen before. It would have been cool if they had provided scenes that were not in the game. However, it will help me find stuff better when I play the game again.

[Post New]by tennesseegrannie on Jun 14, 10 7:46 AM
I'm trying to save game credits, but looks like I'm gonna have to buy this one AND the first one. I'm new to computer games. Believe it or not, my first HOG was Return to Ravenhearst! I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought they were all equally challenging....Imagine my disappointment when I found out that "it just ain't so"

I've now learned to go to the forums FIRST and see what you "PROS" think about a game before I waste my money.

Thanks for all the good posts.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jun 14, 10 9:17 AM
Ravenhurst and Return to Ravenhurst are good but Midnight Mysteries Salem and the fisrt Edgar Allen Poe are terrific............I believe the developers came up with a fantastic change in graphics, sound etc. You will definetly enjoy the Edgar Allen Poe.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 14, 10 10:18 AM
Two very good games (Midnight Mysteries), though I liked the second one better. I found it more intriguing and a little bit more difficult than the first. But for both.

Go to: