catbrat61
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Can we have 1 easy WIC error answer ?

[Post New]by catbrat61 on Oct 29, 08 10:13 AM
Thanks KayleighJ and trying to be patient . I do feel the communication from BFG could be better on this one.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 29, 08 11:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post in here to let everyone know that we are still working on a fix for this error. We are working very hard to get this problem resolved and we hope to get it corrected soon. As soon as we have a fix available, we will post an announcement in the forums.

bfgErie

Edited on 10/29/2008 at 11:13:05 AM PST

sitesoweb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sitesoweb on Oct 29, 08 12:58 PM
I was told by tech support that they will give us instructions here on what to do, so I think they will answer all your questions.

Big Fish is a top notch place with wonderful customer service. I am not going to complain because one thing that I want to do is taking a bit for them to work out. Overall, they are wonderful and I urge everyone to just have a little patience.

I haven't tried any of the quick fixes others have posted but have opted to just wait for their instructions.

[Post New]by Sleuthess on Oct 29, 08 1:58 PM
Me too, I'm happy to wait for the experts help thanks

materri1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by materri1 on Oct 29, 08 9:12 PM
Now was that really called for? The tech support has been more than patient with our whining little butts.They also feel the frustration x about 3,000. If and when they can get a fix i am sure it will be posted. Until then look at the bright side ... at least your computer is up to date and running great.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 29, 08 10:01 PM
I understand your frustration. I want to assure you that we are working very hard to correct this problem. As soon as we have information on how to correct this problem, I will post it here. Our team here is very focused on getting this resolved just as soon as we can.

bfgErie

sitesoweb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sitesoweb on Oct 30, 08 1:32 AM
For those of you that are happy to wait. I have some games that I would love to sell you!!!!!! They may or may not work, but if they don't, I'll get back to you on how to fix them whenever I get time. When you buy a game at the store , do you look at the box for a couple of days before you actually play it??????????? NO , you would want your money back , wouldn't you???

Wow such anger. Just go to customer support and get a game credit. BF is very good about refunding when games don't work for you. Personally, I feel like they are doing their best to solve the problem - they've never ripped me off before and I've bought at least 30 games - I had to get credit on 2 large file that didn't work for me and both times they were friendly and I had no problem. As a matter of fact, it was easier than the time I actually tried to return a game to a store....what a nightmare.

catbrat61
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by catbrat61 on Oct 30, 08 10:55 AM
Ok EVERYONE

I think it is time to stop all this ranting and raving. We are all frustrated and all I was really wanting was some straight communication on the FIX. (which has been supplied by bfg ernie THANKS). I surely didn't want to trust (although I am sure they are knowledgable) hunting around windows site or other areas and run things to FIX my computer for a game.

I have been with BFG for over two years and purchase tons. This is the first game that I have purchased with flukes in it. SO let's put it in perspective and breath, they are games and not my 401k. Although I am not an techy, in my job I work on the other side with them and absolutely realize the work that goes into a 'fix'. The last thing I am sure they would want is to hurry through the fix and put it out there only to have it not be 100%.

So go play some trials on the other games that have just come out and wait for this one to be finished. BFG is well aware of the issue, working on it I am sure 24/7 and also trying to handle all the tech support flying in and listening to us It is still one of the best most quality games sites around, give them that credit. Ok I am done and will now step off my pedestal

So do I get a couple of game credits for my positive forum entry and support (Just Kidding).

[Post New]by onebutrfli on Oct 30, 08 5:39 PM
This is only the 2nd game I have had problems with and I too have downloaded tons. BFG was great in offering a credit for the other when all I asked for was a fix. I didn't realize until I had already purchased and installed the game that there was this known issue. It might have been nice if they had taken it out of the purchase circle until they got the problem fixed that way they wouldn't have to issue credits and listen to mad customers. But that's just my opinion.
I'm content to wait until they get it fixed.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 31, 08 1:22 AM
Well said, Catbrat61. I totally agree with everything you have said. People definitely need to keep perspective on this. Theres a lot more things happening in the world today to worry about than a game. Big Fish is a brilliant site to deal with and deserve our patience.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 31, 08 1:30 AM
Patience is the key here, I agree. And, we need to remember that BFG is not the developer of this game. So, they can encourage the developer to fix the issue and deliver a new version. But it is the developer who, ultimately, sets the pace. BFG can only encourage them to deliver ASAP.
...Then, when the new version is received, BFG will need to run their tests to ensure it's virus, etc free before they make it available for download.
...I know they'll advise everyone ASAP when the new version is available.

[Post New]by chelgirl on Oct 31, 08 2:14 AM
Hi

I am a BFG Forum virgin, mainly because I have been buying games for nearly a year and NEVER EVER had a problem. I do understand everyones frustration, it took me nearly a day to download Casebook and then you can't play.

The only thing I think they are guilty of is not communicating the problem to the purchasers.

Lets wait and see what happens!

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Oct 31, 08 6:16 AM
well, i got answer from tech team, and they said they work on fixing the prob, but no luck so far, so they gave me a cupon for puchasing any game for free my frustration is gone now, he he
but i still wanna get to play the casebook, so i hope they will fix the problem after all.

Bloodanna
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Bloodanna on Nov 5, 08 2:37 AM
How do you get credit back? Because to tell the truth, though I do know they're trying their hardest to fix it, I'm tired of waiting for this game and know of at least three different ones I'd like to buy.

Go to: