gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets - Todays DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 13, 10 12:26 AM
Just starting this topic while downloading...

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets - Todays DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 13, 10 12:34 AM
Wonderful game with great replay value!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jun 13, 10 1:32 AM
thanks will take a look at it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 13, 10 2:03 AM
Just finished playing demo. Gets from me . Bought it.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 13, 10 2:16 AM

I like it!

Nice clean graphics.

Interesting story.

Nice music.

Funny character drawings.

Sold! To the lady down back, for $2.99!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jun 13, 10 2:31 AM
At this price I will get it and have a go, it does look good. But would never have bought it at full price as I hate timers. Especially without unlimited hints.

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on Jun 13, 10 5:33 AM
joywales... do you mean this does not have "relaxed" mode?

kopikat65
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kopikat65 on Jun 13, 10 5:34 AM
I love this game.

swatkins1971
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by swatkins1971 on Jun 13, 10 6:23 AM
This is one of my favourite games. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the Hercule Poirot games. I have replayed it 3 times myself and really enjoy it. Yes it is timed and has no relaxed mode but it is generous with the time given. The mini games are optional so give them a miss if you are tight for time.
The story is interesting, the grapics are clean and clear and the hidden objects are tricky in some spots. Hints refill at every chapter and the mini games give you the opportunity to get more.
I am jealous that this is only 2.99, but I got masses of value out of it at 6.99 so buy, buy, buy.

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Jun 13, 10 6:36 AM
This is a great game and a steal for $2.99. It was actually the 2nd game I bought at in Dec 08 and I hate to admit, I still haven't finished it. It's a lengthy game (I'm slow) and so many other games seem to get in the way but I'm off to play it some more. Highly recommend.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jun 13, 10 6:46 AM
o.k. I am jumping in the game. tried it 1 year ago and i was just a novice in those games and really enjoyed it for awhile but with a timer it just .... Today I am buying this game and wishing that with all my new skills i've earned this past year I will be able to enjoy fully.....
This is an awesome game..

4-1/2*/5 rating at another site. You cannot go wrong at 2,99 deal.

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 6:55:35 AM PST

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Jun 13, 10 8:53 AM
It's a buy for me as DD! At first I thought - I won't even demo as "I don't need another HOG" waiting in my queue for me to play...as I have more games than time already, but after reading your positive reviews, I had to see for myself.

What set this apart was the wonderful integration of story and items. I detest random junk pile, and appreciated the items and clues really went with the scene.

Only problem, some of the objects are a bit small for my vision, but graphics are clear, and hints are there.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jun 13, 10 9:18 AM
I'm saving this game just to remind me to NEVER buy another timed game. The game was ok until it came to the acorns. No matter how many times one tries to put an acorn on the bench it won't take it, IN ANY SPOT. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever tried to do. There's no skip after dozens of attempts. My compliments to the ones with the patience and time to com plete this part of the game. The rest of the game was ok. Of course I will never be able to complete the game because of the ACORNS.

Pasha666
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Pasha666 on Jun 13, 10 9:19 AM
I went ahead and bought this game at 2.99 because I love HOG games and because of the comments in this thread. What a great purchase. This is a tough little game and I've just reached the start of Investigation 3! Luckily there are no penalties for endless clicking but I believe I may be getting in sync with the puzzles. Looks like hours of fun to me.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jun 13, 10 10:48 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
I like it!

Nice clean graphics.

Interesting story.

Nice music.

Funny character drawings.

Sold! To the lady down back, for $2.99!

And may I add, another taker. Would the auctioneer please present more copies for the lady on the side. I know this is a proper British auction, and I wouldn't want to seem forward, BUT I love this game and would like a copy! When this game was first presented, I was new to casual games and couldn't quite keep up! Now, I'm game........sooooooooo...... would the auctioneer please help!
Thank you, I bought it, YEA! Bring on the sleuthing!

[Post New]by madbirdlady on Jun 13, 10 11:05 AM
This is a really good DD for once.
The game is interesting, the graphics good, and best of all it plays on Windows 7 (as long as you've got Firefox closed).

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jun 13, 10 11:26 AM
Awesome game! A steal at $2.99.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 13, 10 12:10 PM
The graphics are wonderful. Most items are in logical places, no junk piles. The music I cannot say much about as I had it turned down low, but it was not annoying. I liked the caricatures, they are cute and add humor to the game. The game is timed. I only finished two levels, and the time allowed was very generous, but that may change as you get more and more into the game. There does not seem to be a penalty for over clicking. At the start of each level, you are provided with a fixed number of hints. There are some mini puzzles to help replenish the hints, but there are not an unlimited amount of them.

Now, for the flip side of the coin. I found the cursor a little sticky and slow. I also found some of the items rather small for these old eyes and had to use too many hints to find them. I also do not like timed games. I play games for relaxation and a timer makes me rather up tight.

Guess I am the odd woman out. Even as the DD at 2.99 this is not a game for me.

pat

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jun 13, 10 12:39 PM
There is a penalty for excessive clicking. When I was working on the cuckoo clocks, I had a 30 second penalty for excessive clicking without finding an item. I still finished that level within time. It doesn't look like I will be able to finish the next level within the time limit. The extra hints earned in one investigation do not carry over to the next investigation.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Jun 13, 10 1:04 PM
I really like this game. I love the little "optional" stuff you have to find. I only played to the third investigation because as I always say I knew I would buy it and wanted to be surprised. Cute, clever...some clues VERY HARD to find without hints but I am getting better once I know the score..lol. Thanks BF...a gem for me

Go to: