Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 30, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 8:20:11 AM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by woodentot on Jan 30, 18 6:54 AM
What a shame I cannot play this game, I am getting Access Violation. I have install and uninstalled twice. Running windows 10. I haven't had a problem for ages like this.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 30, 18 7:13 AM
woodentot wrote:What a shame I cannot play this game, I am getting Access Violation. I have install and uninstalled twice. Running windows 10. I haven't had a problem for ages like this.

Your antivirus software might be responsible. You could also check to see if your video card drivers or DirectX is outdated. Hope this helps, because it's a really good game, especially if you like stories about mythological gods.

curlly62
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by curlly62 on Jan 30, 18 8:00 AM
I can't play the game due to "Access violation"....tried all the normal fixes and still can't play it....not happy about this...........

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 30, 18 8:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jan 30, 18 8:42 AM
same here violation error access code windows 10! everything up to date also..

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by woodentot on Jan 30, 18 8:59 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
woodentot wrote:What a shame I cannot play this game, I am getting Access Violation. I have install and uninstalled twice. Running windows 10. I haven't had a problem for ages like this.

Your antivirus software might be responsible. You could also check to see if your video card drivers or DirectX is outdated. Hope this helps, because it's a really good game, especially if you like stories about mythological gods.

Antivirus up to date, DirectX up to date, looks like I am not alone in getting the violation code error, It could be a windows 10 problem.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 30, 18 9:07 AM
For several months the only way I can d/l any BF game and not run into some type of problem is to go to McAfee and in settings turn off the virus scan and firewall and set them to come back on when I restart my computer. This is really not a good solution but seems to be the only one that works.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 30, 18 10:13 AM
no problems downloading, but i have had my share of games that i cant play.
thats why i cancelled my membership. its not worth the money they ask. games that will run is mostly from bad cuality They can keep their free games i cant even use them with all those bad games. Were is the time BF had Always the emily games first>I play them on other sites were they do have them the emily and angela games.
BF get your act together and get back to the old way of selling games

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 30, 18 10:35 AM
I couldn't play the demo either on Windows 10 - Access violation.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jan 30, 18 11:32 AM
Penny1942 wrote:For several months the only way I can d/l any BF game and not run into some type of problem is to go to McAfee and in settings turn off the virus scan and firewall and set them to come back on when I restart my computer. This is really not a good solution but seems to be the only one that works.

I don't think we should have to do that to play a game! I do to have McAfee.. waiting for a update BFG!?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 30, 18 11:43 AM
@woodentot

That's why I haven't switched to Windows 10 from Windows 7, it seems that a lot of BF games are having issues playing on Win10 Once I start seeing less tech issues with game compatibility on win 10 I may switch, but for now, "if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it lol.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 30, 18 12:54 PM
I don't have any issues with games, playing on Win10. But I used to get false positive virus detection when I used McAfee. I switched to Norton years ago, and have not had problems with them.

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Jan 30, 18 1:06 PM
After reading in the reviews section that this is a Sunward game produced by Artifex Mundi (whom I love), I decided to try opening some of the other Sunward games I have, as well as the recent Eventide games referred to.....

All failed, either with an access violation, or showing as loaded in my task manager, but not even open on my screen or with an icon in the tray. Several other bf games I tried (by different developers) all worked fine.

First try the simple things - rebooted my computer, and poof, it all works now - go figure.

Windows 10, core i7, 2g NVidia card.

I know it's probably no consolation but throughout my time here at bf, I've had all games by this dev or that dev become unplayable for certain periods of time, then it suddenly fixes itself. I think maybe they just don't all react as quickly to the new windows updates that always seem to wonk up something.

good luck fishies.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 30, 18 1:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like we're running into access violation errors while trying to play the game. That would certainly be frustrating, so let's see what we can do to get things working better. Access violation errors usually come from either outdated software or interference from another program (such as an antivirus or firewall). We can try to fix things up by following the steps from these articles:

Access Violation
Unblock the Big Fish Games app

Since this mostly seems to be happening for our Windows 10 players, I'd also like to include the article specifically designed to help players on systems using that OS:

Windows 10

Hopefully this will get things working better. If not, please contact our Technical Support Team for further help. Our Moderator team is also available to answer any questions we can by PM, so feel free to send a PM to one of us. We'll be happy to help.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 2:04:54 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 30, 18 1:45 PM
@DesertHermit

Sometimes, these games get updates to solve bugs and other issues, after the initial release, which are then automatically applied when you download them a second time.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Jan 30, 18 2:02 PM
Thanks Pennmom, but I'm not talking about individual games, but ALL games from a given dev at a certain time - I had every single Mad Head game (about 15) refuse to open after one win10 update, then all of them came back perfectly after the next win10 update - without uninstall/reinstall or taking an update from the game manager.

This morning, every Sunward game still on my game manager (including the aforementioned Eventides, about 8-10 total) would either open in task manager but be nowhere to be found, or get an access violation error. Any other game by any other dev (on my game manager, currently about 500+ installed) would open with no problem. Little as I know about programming, it makes me think that each dev is consistent within themselves for coding or game engines or whatever, and maybe at any given time, their brand of coding somehow doesn't get along with the recent win10 updates.

I only stress this because maybe bf knowing that these problems often affect ALL games of a certain dev, might help them to identify problems. Or not.

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 4:09:13 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 30, 18 5:14 PM
@DesertHermit

I hear ya, I have issues with ALL Amax Interactive games, and never any of the other devs games. It is frustrating because like you said, it's obvious that it is an issue on the devs side, otherwise other games by other devs would be affected

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 30, 18 5:17 PM
Hello DesertHermit,

If all of the games from a particular developer have stopped working, we definitely recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They're equipped with the tools to investigate the matter and provide in-depth troubleshooting support. Like the Moderation Team, their goal is to do whatever they can to resolve these errors for you.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We wish you the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 1, 18 4:28 AM
pennmom36 wrote:@DesertHermit

I hear ya, I have issues with ALL Amax Interactive games, and never any of the other devs games. It is frustrating because like you said, it's obvious that it is an issue on the devs side, otherwise other games by other devs would be affected

Ditto!!!

Go to: