LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

MYSTERY MESSAGE after the credits - Easter Egg

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 13, 10 9:11 AM
After the end of the game, after the credits run, at the bottom is this message.

At Sarah’s, buried ‘neath the grave;
Tis a raven egg on Easter born.
Approach the tombstone and be brave,
A rodent shift exposes what we have sworn.

SPOILER:

To see this picture in the game, a rodent shift exposes it.

In other words hold the shift key and scroll your mouse over the tomestone outside Sarah's house on the left of the scene and an eyeball will appear. Click to bring up the picture.

You can view the picture as many times as you want by going back to that scene.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 3:23:38 PM PST

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

Re:MYSTERY MESSAGE after the credits ... ???

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Jun 13, 10 2:18 PM
Clue for the next?
Anyone?
l have no idea, what it means.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Jun 13, 10 2:21 PM
Now I would never have known that cause I never sit through credits. May have to learn some patience.

It seems to hint at an Easter egg, aka hidden content. Probably just a fun thing the programmers threw in.

[Post New]by rocketsauce on Jun 13, 10 8:27 PM
There's a tombstone outside Sarah's house. Click on it to see the hidden easter egg.

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Jun 14, 10 12:52 PM
The game restarted from the beginning after I finished it the first time, I played through it again just so I could get to Sarah's house and click on that tombstone but nothing happens. Anyone else get it to do anything?

jp8synth
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by jp8synth on Jun 14, 10 12:56 PM
It probably has something to do with the bonus game mode for finding 50 clovers. Hoever, I only found 46 by the time I finished the game, and when I went back to see if I could find the last 4 clovers, the game just restarted.

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Jun 14, 10 1:01 PM
Hmmm, I finished with 53 clovers the first time around and it didn't seem to help me.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 14, 10 1:14 PM
rocketsauce wrote:There's a tombstone outside Sarah's house. Click on it to see the hidden easter egg.

This is correct, but you can only click on the tomb once after the horse moved the cart.

MargieB

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 1:14:49 PM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 14, 10 10:07 PM
rocketsauce wrote:There's a tombstone outside Sarah's house. Click on it to see the hidden easter egg.

*Sigh* I clicked on that darned tombstone a kazillion times and noting happened. I gave the horse his sugar cubes, Waited for it to move the cart. Held my breath with anticipation, watched the cart move, clicked on the tombstone....and nuffin! Did I miss a step? Am I missing something? It's not a big deal but I am dying of curiosity here LOL!

If you know something, and don't want to spoil it for anyone, feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jun 15, 10 5:58 AM
Cant find the easter egg either. What did I do wrong...gave the horse his sugar, clicked the tombstone...nothing happens. what does the easter egg give you?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 15, 10 7:17 AM

SPOILER ALERT!!

I added the image of the Easter Egg to the Big Fish Games Photobucket account. If anyone wants to see it, just copy and paste the link below:

http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/BigFishGamesTips/Midnight%20Mysteries%202%20Salem%20Witch%20Trials/?action=view¤t=EasterEgg.jpg

Please remember that outside links are not allowed on the site, the link above does belong to Big Fish.Games

Good Luck,

MargieB

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jun 15, 10 7:52 AM
Thanks Margie!

I've had a look @ photobucket page since I didn't catch it the first time.

.....but why did it want me to choose a nice( ) or a naughty( ) lady?

ROFLOL

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Jun 15, 10 10:57 AM
Thanks for the image Margie. But where did you click to access it? I have clicked all over the scene and cannot find the hot spot.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 15, 10 11:16 AM
AshleyD1979 wrote:Thanks for the image Margie. But where did you click to access it? I have clicked all over the scene and cannot find the hot spot.

I clicked on the tombstone in the far left side of the scene after the cart has been moved.

MargieB

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Jun 15, 10 12:22 PM
Thanks, Margie. For some reason it's just not working for me.

I'm playing for the 6th time now, have gotten all achievements except for the Hog Wild one (although I know I have done an object scene in less than a minute- it's just not registering for me), I won 'Gold' on all bonus object scenes, I've let the credits scroll to the end each time, found all clovers and ravens, etc.

It's just not working for me. May be a bug since the hog wild isn't registering for me either.

Thanks for explaining it, though. Apparently I'm not the only one with the problem.

[Post New]by ozarkteacher48 on Jun 20, 10 8:16 PM
I copied and pasted the link Margie B gave to photobucket, all I got was a message "the action you were trying to perform failed". What did I do wrong?

MOVIECAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MOVIECAT on Jun 21, 10 8:22 PM
ozarkteacher48 wrote:I copied and pasted the link Margie B gave to photobucket, all I got was a message "the action you were trying to perform failed". What did I do wrong?

Try this one:

1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/BigFishGamesTips/Midnight%20Mysteries%202%20Salem%20Witch%20Trials/EasterEgg.jpg

Thanks for posting Margie, count me as another one who never managed to bring this up no matter how many times I clicked.

MOVIECAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MOVIECAT on Jun 21, 10 8:31 PM
AshleyD1979 wrote:Thanks, Margie. For some reason it's just not working for me.

I'm playing for the 6th time now, have gotten all achievements except for the Hog Wild one (although I know I have done an object scene in less than a minute- it's just not registering for me),

Are you making sure you're clicking the acknowledgement picture of the final object, the one that will go into your inventory quickly to force it into your inventory faster than the dialogue normally progresses? I suspect that was why I wasn't getting that award the first times round even though I was sure I was fast enough. I could be totally wrong but that was what seemed to work for me. I also found the matching pairs scene was the easiest one to achieve it on as it's the same each time so I could click away really fast.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jun 24, 10 10:24 AM
I have played the game through 4 times now and still never can click the tombstone - and I did try right after the horse moves.

*sigh*

Will try only one more time.

Thank you for the links - but neither worked for me either.

Love you,
Linda

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jun 24, 10 11:07 AM
Just played to the point of the grave again - still no way to click on the grave

I wish I could at least access the picture but neither of the links will work for me either.

*sigh*

On to the next game...

Go to: