gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Gifting Quandries,Gifting Solutions

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 30, 18 2:24 PM
Yes I know we gone round & round on this subject..

**** I have friends I am trying to gift with who have caused me GIFTING STRESS..so once again I am jumping on the gifting solution merry go round

Yes I am suffering from Gifting Stress ... darn it...

i don't need to apologize for it..**** some folks need to hear that i don't keep event items. i start converting my items into shards the last day of the event..then when i do finally achieve the shard achievement i will convert those items into COINS for me and my games bank account for no really good reason.. because by then there will be MC billionaires & or trillionaires...

i have no problem with event item gifting during the event...the problem for me is when folks ask for another events items during the current event.. WTHECK...

i have folks who have yet to change their wish list...and who i now owe a dozen or more gifts too.. because they have refused to ask for anything else other then event items....i don't have

the SOLUTION put a common item on your dang wish list...

anyone else wanna join me at groaning under the strain of having beloved gifting with friends who ask for pet food ...expensive tickets and for air ship items only...
hmmmmm...

how can those friends not know it's stressful and straining .. on folks like me who try and make sure everything i ask for is common place and inexpensive...to be faced with never changing wish lists full of expensive items..

one last time and i'm sure i will plead outloud again at some later date...

WILL YOU PLEASE PUT A INEXPENSIVE AND COMMON PLACE item on your wish list...

THANK -YOU

To anyone on my Friends with list who relieves me of their wish list stress and strain..by putting a inexpensive item or two on their list i can GIFT them with..

your's truly

dair

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Gifting Quandries,Gifting Solutions

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 30, 18 2:27 PM
hmmmm ah was spelling but with two t's a no no..????? and the reason for the ***********..LOL sorry..

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Jan 30, 18 2:32 PM
Don't send anything you don't want to give -- seems pretty straightforward to me. I don't gift airship items, unique stamps, or pet food, for example, so my friends who only have those items on their lists don't get gifts from me. I have one friend who only has eggs on her list -- I've never given her anything. But I'll still leave Christmas presents and so forth for those friends. Nobody is going to punish you if you don't send a gift to a particular friend, and it's a lot less stressful than trying to make people change their wish lists to please you.

I like seeing event items on a list, because I have extras of a lot of that stuff and I like knowing the gift is really useful to the one who gets it!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 30, 18 2:42 PM
WTHECK.....

it's on my attitudes nerves that I can't gift ... gifting with friends because of their list.. clearly they want to receive SOMETHING from me they have begun to gift me everyday...?????????

and ahhh I wasn't aware that I sounded as if I was asking for advise on how to gift...

so I will shout again To those on DAIRS FREINDS WITH LIST would you please put a item or two on your list.. if you won't oh well for you....BECAUSE YOU"D LIKE TO RECIEVE SOMETHING in return for all your gifting...

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by fgjhgtj330 on Jan 30, 18 2:55 PM

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 3:17:24 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 30, 18 3:00 PM
.…groaning under the strain of having beloved gifting with friends who ask for pet food ...expensive tickets and for air ship items only...

Ouch, well, that's my wishlist in a nutshell!

I'm sorry if anyone finds it insensitive or otherwise inconvenient to have these on my wishlist, but, ironically, I actually chose those items to make it easy on my friends! The brown stamp because I have several friends swapping them for the achievement, & whatever airship & food I'm lowest on at the moment. Because they ARE common!
Doesn't everybody have a steady supply of airship items & food from the very beginning? I'm trying to make it as easy for a level 12 player to gift as a level 82 player.

I'm not asking for crafted items, ZZ items, or in-demand-by-DQ items.

Just what "common" items would you have us ask for? I really am at a loss ……

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Jan 30, 18 3:19 PM
It is hard to keep up with what friends like to gift or not like to gift.. is just half of my friends are like me they will change their mind.... often.

For years I would not ever gift airship items.. but now that is more or less all I gift.. and have on my wishlist.
I use it to even out the numbers.. and I hope my friends do the same

Also.. I would NEVER buy and item.. that was befor someone wrote.. if you buy a 30 coin item you have your coins back bye doing one HOS

Last winter.. after WE I kept a christmascard on my list because I was going for the shard achievement.. also the recipy book.. but I never ment to cause any stress.. if my friends need the whatever for their own game I don’t expect them to gift it to me.. just as I don’t gift what I need myself.

I learned a long time ago not to expect my friends to play the game exatly like me.. how could they, when I keep changing

Only thing I do to try to even out gifts to more friends.. some days I go from page 1 and some days I go back from last page.. noooooo stress

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 30, 18 3:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience as the Moderation Team removed the recent spam post to this thread. We definitely understand how spam can interrupt conversations and work as quickly as possible to stop spammers.

Before swimming off, I wanted to remind everyone of the Forum Rules, especially:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Since we ask spam posts not be discussed in the forums, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any questions arise. We'll be here to help.

bfgBeruna

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jan 30, 18 4:16 PM
This topic can be a sore spot for many players. It has become apparent to me that everyone has a different opinion of what is a valuable gift. It is too bad we don’t have an easier way to contact our friends and let them know how we like to gift or be gifted. I like when someone has an airship, a food, a stamp, and one other item. It gives me a choice. For those players who only have dq items, eggs, or seasonal you may not get gifted back as often. The way I see it, if someone isn’t happy with the way you gift, they will probably delete you.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 30, 18 5:04 PM
I do not stress myself with gifting, just give what I am able to. Having more than 100 friends it is impossible to gift them all. I loved Christmas when I could do this!

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jan 30, 18 5:47 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
.…groaning under the strain of having beloved gifting with friends who ask for pet food ...expensive tickets and for air ship items only...

Ouch, well, that's my wishlist in a nutshell!

I'm sorry if anyone finds it insensitive or otherwise inconvenient to have these on my wishlist, but, ironically, I actually chose those items to make it easy on my friends! The brown stamp because I have several friends swapping them for the achievement, & whatever airship & food I'm lowest on at the moment. Because they ARE common!
Doesn't everybody have a steady supply of airship items & food from the very beginning? I'm trying to make it as easy for a level 12 player to gift as a level 82 player.

I'm not asking for crafted items, ZZ items, or in-demand-by-DQ items.

Just what "common" items would you have us ask for? I really am at a loss ……

Me too!! I have 4 slots, but only have an airship item and a unique stamp (since I’m working on that achievement). I always replace a gift that is given to me, an airship for airship, stamp for stamp so they are not out of that item. If they have other items on their list, I try to accommodate, but can’t always give zz items or eggs, which some of my friends ALWAYS have on their list. I recently just started holding off on claiming a gift if I can’t give them something back they need. I guess I’ll just have to be okay with being unfriended if I can’t meet someone’s expectations.

Paula

Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Jan 30, 18 11:24 PM
I guess I'm guilty of having only airship items and unique stamps on my wishlist as well. I always need airship items to balance the numbers. The stamp is there to swap with friends who are still working on the stamp achievement. I'd really prefer that my friends who aren't swapping stamps would just ignore the stamp and give the airship item if they can spare it. I don't ask for items commonly needed for DQs because they're too hard to get a good supply of and I don't want to stress out my friends.

But I am also a little bit stressed by friends having only event items on their lists. I sell and shard event items down to a small number of each, keeping only a few that I'm willing to gift. Once they're gone, I'm unable to gift friends who don't have other things on their lists.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 31, 18 11:40 AM
I really am in no mood to get catty about this issue...

makes sense what is meant by a common item is a item easily gotten by doing a hos... perhaps is a main castle item were all running low on from doing DQ's..or from those hos are giving shards instead of those items

another possible meaning would be asking for a Zoom Zone component .. or perhaps a crafting component ....

I usually look forward to gifting 3 times a day...it grates on my nerves when I have folks who are asking for event items for themselves to stock up on.. or air ship items for the same reason...it's unreasonable too me..and AHHHH it always appears that those folks always choose the cheapest item on my list to gift me with ,even after receiving a air ship item pet food item and of course event item..

I can't be the only one taking note..and so one last time... would my wish listing gifting with friends please add a common item to their list,so that i may get back to gifting with them....

I swear I hear folks growling at me.. that they enjoy taking advantage of some of us they are gifting with..... in that case .... please be made aware that not only am I tallying who I owe a gift or more too.. I started a separate list that lists those asking for event items when no event is on going or for pet food or for air ship items...when I have any of those items in plenty .. is when you'll receive them...till then .... please stop gifting me my owe you tallies are on my nerves....

your's truly

dair

too bad there isn't a way to return gifts given because I think I would return every gift given too me by a event item only wish list ... pet food wish list only and of course the really expensive air ship item wish list...

anyone else find it seriously boring when those lists never ever change...where are wish list item changers.. woohoo...

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 11:43:50 AM PST

tesskw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by tesskw on Jan 31, 18 1:20 PM
Dair,

I hope I am not one of your irritating friends!

tess

badcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by badcat on Jan 31, 18 1:27 PM
My list pretty much stays the same at pet food, because I don't think to change it often. During an event if I am desperate for an event item, like the past winter event I spent 3 days trying to get a single item (I think we needed 10) before I put the item on my list, once I got the first item gifted then I started to get the rest of the item until the last one. I used all the pet food up and was finally able to get the last item. I will gift lower level players event items because I figure they are trying to catch up. This past winter event I was even able to gift 3 friends squirrel eggs and gold-bearing turtle eggs. I have 1 of each egg saved (don't know why) but if I get any more than the 1 extra egg I cash them in or gift them. I have one person on my friend list that is at a lower level that only has eggs on their list, so when I play the puzzles I always put an egg that is needed by someone else on my list to try for. I figure being gifted a high coinage egg is always a nice surprise for the recipient.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Jan 31, 18 2:28 PM
tennco wrote: It is too bad we don’t have an easier way to contact our friends and let them know how we like to gift or be gifted.

Well summed up.
There is the rub in my humble opinion. There's no right or wrong way. I feel bad that I can't gift at the moment as I'm low on everything. Have had to send the airship unfilled 3 times on the trot - grrrr.
I started MC halfway through the Christmas Event and had not read the forum for help until it was nearly too late. Now, I wish I had played the 2nd Christmas Room every day and made about 50+ friends just for coinage alone! Hey ho, I didn't manage to get many Christmas pets, but I have about 30 at the moment anyway and most are a waste of time (except my lovely cute cheeky monkey - who gives me gold every time no matter what scenario I'm in).
I wish we could sell lazy pets!!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 31, 18 3:14 PM
Only MY opinion for MY game but:
My friends & the friendship they give me are worth more than the few measly shards I'd get for disenchanting any items they might need.
A friend may very well value a high coin egg but then again another friend might value the last component for a past event pet or that last pumpkin for the achievement even more.

Just saying.

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Jan 31, 18 3:47 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:Only MY opinion for MY game but:
My friends & the friendship they give me are worth more than the few measly shards I'd get for disenchanting any items they might need.
A friend may very well value a high coin egg but then again another friend might value the last component for a past event pet or that last pumpkin for the achievement even more.

Just saying.

Also feel the same way. I am guilty of having stamps (x2) on my wish list (in the middle 50's level which seems to chew up stamps like there is no tomorrow) an airship item (which changes every so often to the one I am lowest on) and one pet food. Some of my friends are also on the same levels and seeking the same stamps in particular - at the moment there is not a lot of gift changing going on there for the perfectly good reason that we need the same things to progress. Others have airship items which I am more than happy to gift from the ones that I have more of (given the fact that they do drop from HOS but, like everything else, seem more likely to be the ones I have in reasonable quantity) - and am not concerned if they can't reciprocate. And others are still looking for pumpkins etc which again I am more than happy to provide where I can.

Like AuntieRoo, I value the friendship more than what I can get by disenchanting stuff that friends are looking for (although now that FE & WE are well and truly past, anything that has not appeared on a friend's wish list by now is fair game for selling or sharding).

Unfortunately, as has been noted many times, gifting seems to cause more angst than anything. Personally (and this is only my opinion obviously) I don't think it's worth getting hung up on - gift what you feel like gifting and don't worry about what you may or may not get back.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 31, 18 4:05 PM
GOLLY GEE WIZ .......

I have a handful of new profiles on my list who are trying to take advantage of me.. and they know it...and it has grated on me...

I just PM'D with a beloved wish list gifting friend who wrote to me for being on my nerves possibly.. I had to APOLOGIZE To Her for thinking she was some how grating on me
it's always those who'd never ever take advantage of anyone who cringe with thinking it's them self...

I have friends I gift with everyday.. why on earth would I complain about folks I gift everyday and who gift me..??????

it gets on my nerves because I am unable to gift folks who are gifting me because of their lists... I don't have the items on their lists.. not gifting someone after receiving a gift .. then another and another gets on my nerves..i felt the urge to speak out loud...

most of you on my long time with list of friends...know you are beloved or darn sure should.. and that I work at keeping up my gifting with you...

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 31, 18 4:28 PM
One thing that has decreased the stress a lot is that I don't try to return gift for gift. Different people have different amounts of friends. So, someone with a small list might send me something every few days. I can't send gifts that often without getting so far behind I could never catch up. So, I start at the top of my list, work my way to the bottom, repeat. If a person doesn't have something on their list I can send, for whatever reason, I skip them and don't worry about it. We all do the best we can with what we have.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: