in game names

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

in game names

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 30, 18 5:01 PM
What is the story with your in game name?
Mine is "Lets". This is part of my last name
What is yours?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:in game names

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 30, 18 5:30 PM
Hello july1277,

I hope you don't mind if a moderator is the first to comment! My forum username, Beruna, comes from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. The Fords of Beruna are the location of an epic battle from that book. I chose the Ice Queen as my avatar and Jadis (the name of the novel's excellent villain) as my in-game name.

As a moderator, it's really a pleasure to get to know you all. I speak on behalf of the rest of the team when I say I can't wait to see what others answer.

Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Jan 30, 18 5:47 PM
Mine is "Manxcat419". The Manxcat part is because I'm from the Isle of Man and am a cat lover (though it tends to confuse people who think I own Manx breed cats, which I don't although I brought 2 Manx by nationality cats with me from the Isle of Man to the US in 2013). The 419 is simply because I use the same username a lot on forums etc and on some sites, the name "Manxcat" isn't available - I added the "419" just to get availability for the name I wanted.

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Jan 30, 18 5:58 PM
My forum username comes from a nickname my Dad gave me when I was little (Lambchop was Sherri Lewis's hand puppet and I had a pink stuffed lamb as my "teddy bear"). I use Lambchop on most gaming sites. I added the _1 as Lambchop was taken.

My in game names are Lambchop1 and Dusty16 (for my pet Cockatoo and my husband's favorite number).

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 5:59:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 30, 18 6:21 PM
My username everywhere is Hufflepuff. I am a big Harry Potter fan and from the beginning I choose the house Hufflepuff because of the requests for the characters: true, right, fair, willing to help and to work.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 30, 18 6:37 PM
Hi datsalotta here

Since you asked.......

My game name? Here's how my story goes
I owned and operated a food kiosk outside the local night club. Worked late nights, mostly weekends and special events.
My main food item? Perogeys. served grilled with my secret spice - 6 to a disposable plate with choice of sour cream, bacon bits, fried onions.

I installed a sign facing the customer window 2' x 3 ' which read "over 10,000 perogeys sold". I changed the amount sold monthly and until I closed the business it increased to 65,000, which divided by 6 = 10,000 orders of perogeys. LOL

Customers, even though they were mostly in varying stages of inebriation , could read this sign which hung from the ceiling just above my work area.

Many of my customers would comment on the # of perogeys sold. they all said the same thing - That's a lot of perogeys !!!!

I didn't have a name for the kiosk at first and wanted to make signage, menus etc. with a catchy name and colourful. So it dawned on me that my customers had given me the name - datsalotta perogeys. Everyone at the night club loved the name.

So when I stared gaming, my name datsalotta was not used by anyone else WooHoo!!

Glad to share this.

datsalotta / piesy

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 30, 18 6:41 PM
Pierogies, yum.....
Grim

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 30, 18 6:41 PM
I am afraid I have not been so creative.
My forum name reflects the fact that I live in Australia & my first name is Dot (actually it is Dorothy but very few people use it nowadays so I answer to Dot).
My main game is DotJ - first name & initial for middle name.
My other games:
DJ1 - because I drew a blank when naming it so went with initials & number 1.
Ree - originally this was my grandson's game but he got tired of it so I took it over. Ree is short for Reagan.
Kelli Jo - reflects my surname & my middle name.

Like I said not original but it works for me.
Dot

PS: loved the story Datsalotta!

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 6:43:48 PM PST

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jan 30, 18 6:44 PM
I recently retired from a government job after 30+ years. I can’t say how much I enjoy my rest and relaxation time. No time clocks, no alarms. I get up every day and can do whatever I want to do!! I am my own Boss. I only have one employee and that’s my hubby

Paula

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 30, 18 7:12 PM
Main game is named after my favorite dog who passed away years back... Like Dot, people typically call me Fuzzy, fuzzball, fuzz... When I started writing on this forum, there were several people with my name so I started calling myself by my game name to help distinguish between us.... one game is my hubby's nickname and the other two are named after dogs I have now...

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Jan 30, 18 7:26 PM
I do not have a creative mind like you all do when it comes to names. So I use PetraN54 for everything. It does make it easier to find my posts! Hahaha

badcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by badcat on Jan 30, 18 8:33 PM
My game name is Jen which is part of my name. The badcat derived from my very first computer name...as I was trying to figure out a name that wasn't already taken I was watching my cat running across the kitchen floor, sliding on his stomach while managing to spin himself around so that his **** was hitting my bedroom door. Not only did I get a computer name, but I finally figured out what he was doing to wake me up and he didn't like the bedroom door closed to keep him out of the room.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Jan 30, 18 8:50 PM
All,

Astra is the Greek word for "the stars". I love astronomy and all things celestial, so much that I might have made it my profession if I was better at math. I suppose I should be using the singular forms, asteri or aster, but I was afraid people would confuse it for the flower, and I think Astra is prettier for a game name anyway. The "02" in my forum name is just because a couple of other people beat me to it!

Astra

P.S.: Speaking of celestial, don't forget to check out the super blue blood moon tonight if you can!

P.S. for Datsa: Your story is fabulous!

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Jan 30, 18 9:46 PM
My forum name comes from me being "Mom" to two cats, Mauer and Morneau.

My game name is less original, my name Tammy, although I recently added a 27 (my birthdate) to it so I could distinguish myself from other Tammy's in the game. I myself have two castle friends with that name.

Keep stormin' the castle!!

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 11:16:49 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 30, 18 10:16 PM
Mmmmm!

I just cant think why!

PTG

Edited Having read some of the other posts I see that some of you have given your ID name as well.
Well mine is "aa:"
Why?
Because it means that I am on the first page of my Friends lists and so they won't forget me!

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 1:15:50 AM PST

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by akge on Jan 30, 18 10:22 PM
My game name is a play of letters on my middle name. My forum name is simply my initials because I couldn't come up with another name. I'm enjoying the stories.

Kae

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jan 30, 18 10:43 PM
having trouble replying, but mine is not that interesting

Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Jan 30, 18 10:53 PM
Pazlovejoy is because PeaceLoveJoy was taken. My game name is Miranda because I love The Tempest. But I should have chosen Arial. Miranda was too passive. Maybe if I ever start a new game.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jan 30, 18 10:54 PM
I took my game name Phantommom as a change and because it seemed to fit in with the MC game play.

I wish I had stayed with my forum name as it does create confusion for people trying to PM me.

Pat

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 30, 18 10:59 PM
Luvin' all the stories.

Go to: