Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 31, 18 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 8:41:34 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 31, 18 6:30 AM

Love is definitely in the air, because I have fallen in love with the Jewel Match Solitaire games. Suricate Software has always given us top notch Match 3 games, and lately has put their foot in the door of the Solitaire genre. There are 200 Solitaire Levels, and 50 Bonus Mahjong Levels to unlock, 24 Trophy Achievements to earn, and 6 beautiful Wallpapers available. You can choose from four different Card Theme Designs and 2 different Face Card Font Styles. You can play in a Normal mode with normal rules, Hard mode with limited time to pick up the cards, or a Relaxed mode which has more than one deal.

This is a Higher/Lower Solitaire game, which is my favorite type, but it is also a Mahjong game because as you progress through the Solitaire levels, you unlock groups of Mahjong Games. Each group of Mahjong games are available every fifth level, but will only unlock once you have acquired enough Stars on the Solitaire Levels.   In my opinion, offering Mahjong as bonus levels is a big mistake, it's an okay feature in their Match 3 games, but they should have offered different types of Solitaire Games such as Spider or Tri-Peaks Solitaire.

I wish they had Castles to build instead of just landscapes, and I really wish the bonus levels were different Solitaire Game versions, because I'm not a fan of Mahjong games (to make matters worse, the Mahjong Games are Timed!) other than that, this is an excellent Solitaire game, with beautiful graphics and relaxing music. For me, it's worthy of a purchase with or without a coupon code, enjoy!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 31, 18 8:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jan 31, 18 2:15 PM
This is a rehashed game with mahjong thrown in. The graphics are lovely but that's about the only positive about this game. If you haven't played the castle version of this game you will enjoy this game but if you have you'll probably want to pass on this version.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Jan 31, 18 4:42 PM
There are so many games out there that lack the "specialness" of Jewel Match games. Because of that, it doesn't matter to me if there are similarities to their other games. When it comes to solitaire in general, each game you play or replay is different than the one before (at least to me). I love the added feature of creating a castle, house, or garden-type scene, especially when they are as well thought-out and beautiful as the ones the Suricate Software team put together. L'Amour holds true to the Love/Valentine theme in all aspects. To me the game takes you to a different place (or world) with the inspiring mood of the music and wonderful visuals.

Yes, this is a game. Even though I would prefer a different type bonus game (other than Mahjong), I am quite happy with everything else this beautiful game has to offer.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 31, 18 10:38 PM
No problem, just not my taste--and I've bought essentially the same game w/ different graphics. So not this one.

But thanks for the pleasant hour.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 1, 18 12:03 AM
skpjazz wrote:There are so many games out there that lack the "specialness" of Jewel Match games. Because of that, it doesn't matter to me if there are similarities to their other games. When it comes to solitaire in general, each game you play or replay is different than the one before (at least to me). I love the added feature of creating a castle, house, or garden-type scene, especially when they are as well thought-out and beautiful as the ones the Suricate Software team put together. L'Amour holds true to the Love/Valentine theme in all aspects. To me the game takes you to a different place (or world) with the inspiring mood of the music and wonderful visuals.

Yes, this is a game. Even though I would prefer a different type bonus game (other than Mahjong), I am quite happy with everything else this beautiful game has to offer.

Well said!! I couldn't agree more! I have all their games, and have yet to be disappointed by them.

Happy Gaming,
BK

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Feb 1, 18 4:32 AM
Thank you BFG, love,love.love the Jewel Match Solitaire games! Keep them coming!
Each one is unique and fun!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 26, 18 8:15 AM
Graphics/music 4.5/5 stars
Challenge level: 3/5 stars
Fun factor: 4/5 stars
Storyline: no storyline
Overall: 4/5 stars

A friend convinced me to pick this up, so I finally did a few days ago. The third solitaire game Suricate Software's released seems to be the charm with getting past the glitches the first 2 games had. I'm glad they didn't go overboard with the theme so it doesn't come off like a cheesy greeting card. The soundtrack is a soft romantic collection but I can't stop laughing over the use of the ambient effects which were originally featured in Jewel Match Twilight and Jewel Match Winter Wonderland respectively - I'm in love but also creeped out or cold simultaneously LOL!

The difficulty starts out a little harder than in the earlier 2 JM solitaire games, but once I amassed enough gold to buy some powerups it rapidly made the game a lot easier. I don't play much of this genre but I'm speculating that this is a common occurrence with solitaire games where most of the challenge is from how the cards fall, and having some powerups pretty much mitigates a good part of that. I didn't find the game particularly hard at all when using the powerups even while playing on "hard" mode, with the exception of the very last level. There are 200 levels and 50 bonus mahjong levels to play and it's a fast playing game with the solitaire. It took me at least three times as long to get through each mahjong board.

Game loses a star overall from me because it's a little too copied from JM Twilight Solitaire. A pretty clone, but still a clone. It would have been much better if some other type of bonus game besides mahjong had been used, or the style of solitaire play was different. I will give huge kudos to whomever programmed the mahjong games here, because they did a fantastic job and Suricate should use them for future mahjong game coding if they want to keep including these games in future releases. (I've noticed the bonus mahjongs in some of their M3s aren't as nicely done as they were here, hint hint. ) If you like this genre, it's well worth checking this game out.

Go to: