erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

Can't finish Dr. Lynch without your help

[Post New]by erigby on Jun 14, 10 2:42 PM
I posted this problem in the proper game forum a couple of days ago, but have had no response. In any event, I am trying to get through the votive candle puzzle without any luck. From other posters I know the candles have to be in the shape of the cross, but I can't get the candle stand itself to take them. I've clicked everywhere, with/without candles without success. I can't move ahead in the game due to this problem so I would appreciate very much any help you can give me.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:Can't finish Dr. Lynch without your help

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 14, 10 2:52 PM
Five candles vertically in center row, the other 4, two on each side of the veritcal candles, are placed horizontally in the second row from the top.

You should see an outlined before you drop the candle.

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 2:55:48 PM PST

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Jun 14, 10 3:02 PM
BinLA wrote:Five candles vertically in center row, the other 4, two on each side of the veritcal candles, are placed horizontally in the second row from the top.

You should see an outlined before you drop the candle.

Here's the thing BinLA. I'm carefully clicking on the right spot (googled the walkthrough), but nothing happens, with the exception of the clock running out of time. When you click on the candle stand, should it become larger or does it stay in the same place against the wall? What you say is perfectly true but I can't access the candle stand to line them up as you said.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jun 14, 10 3:08 PM
It may be a glitch. Try un-installing and then re-installing via games manager. I, like you, was at my wits end with one game and this cured it.....

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Jun 14, 10 3:40 PM
karen876 wrote:It may be a glitch. Try un-installing and then re-installing via games manager. I, like you, was at my wits end with one game and this cured it.....

I just got through un/re installing like you said, but problem was not corrected unfortunately. This kind of thing drives me nuts, you know? Thanks anyway for responding.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 14, 10 3:44 PM
Yes, there should definitely be a closer picture of the candle stand, although it's not a full screen as a lot of background still shows. Did you finish everything else in that area first? I can't remember any more specifics of the game since I played it so long ago.

puzmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by puzmom on Jun 14, 10 5:54 PM
Hey erigby,
I don't know if you solved this level or not, but having just done it yesterday, I thought I'd tell you what I remember. The votive candle puzzle is the final puzzle of that level.So you have to do all the hidden object locations including the rectory where you found the candles. Then the final puzzle with the candle stand will appear. So if you do the rectory and collect the candles first, the puzzle won't open up until you have done the other locations. Good luck! Let us know if you get it!

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Jun 14, 10 10:10 PM
I found that clicking on the doors above the stand, brought it into the main screen, then place the candles.

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Jun 15, 10 9:06 AM
Guess what? I had failed to pick up a couple of things at other locations on that level, just like you said. As soon as I fixed that, the puzzle opened up and I could proceed in the game. I probably would have deleted this game otherwise, so thanks a bunch to:

BinLA, karen876, puzmom, and shawk

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 17, 10 6:52 AM
Hi erigby,

Welcome to the pond!

I'm happy you were able to progress in your game and get those pesky candles sorted !

Thanks to all the fishies that popped in to help out with this ! I'm going to move this thread over into the Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets game forum so other fishies can benefit from the answers.

Thsi discussion can be continued here .

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: