Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 3, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/03/2018 at 9:26:08 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 3, 18 8:01 AM
I went outside the theater looking for money and click on a sign and my PC shut down. Don't know if it's game related or Win10PC related. I will try to start it back up.

Edited on 02/05/2018 at 10:11:41 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 3, 18 9:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 3, 18 9:30 AM
Hello Majestyx12,

I'm really sorry your computer shut down. Let's try some troubleshooting steps.

Whenever a game quits unexpectedly (or shuts down), the first step I suggest is to check that the computer's video card drivers are up to date. I also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes have helped fix games with similar troubles in the past. Just in case these steps haven't already been tried, I've included help articles with those instructions below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those suggestions have already been tried, or if they don't fix the game, then please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

Thanks so much for your patience. If questions ever arise, you're always welcome to PM me or another member of the Moderation Team. We're glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 3, 18 4:51 PM
Thank you.

When I started back up it said " A save game file was corrupted and has been deleted. Please create a new profile" I was over half done and had to start all over again. I bought this without trying it, so I wouldn't have to start over.

It started back up fine but a little touchy. After I'm done, I'll uninstall and reinstall.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Feb 4, 18 3:23 PM
I have been playing this game with no problems until tonight.
Now each time I try to play I keep getting a runtime error.
Please advise.
Thank you

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 4, 18 3:41 PM
Hello murphy1018,

I'm sorry to hear about the runtime error showing up. This type of error indicates that there's a break in communication between the game and the computer. This is often the result of some piece of software needing a quick update. We can start by running Windows Update to see if it snags anything new, and then move on to updating other key pieces of software if needed. Steps for that can be found at these links:

Video Driver Updates
Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave

If that does not do the trick, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with additional questions. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

mimiheart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mimiheart on Feb 4, 18 3:58 PM
I'm getting a constant flickering at the bottom of the screen for this game. Some of the cutscenes seem to be "stuck" like I'm restarting them after a word or two. The music also randomly starts pulsing. It's not preventing me from moving the cursor or normal playing, it's just REALLY annoying. I played through the demo, I'm going to try another full-screen game and see if the same thing happens. But I haven't had this happen before today with any game.

Edit: Definitely only happening with this game. It's like the bottom edge has constant input.

Edited on 02/04/2018 at 6:16:18 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 5, 18 10:10 AM
Update. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game is good for me. I think the problem I had is from Win10. Why Win10 shut down my PC, I don't know, but it's not the first time.

[Post New]by rschlapfer on Feb 5, 18 11:36 AM
When you get to play hop on the desk with half moon, three stars +1/2 you can not fine the items and get the snakes head so you cannot set the clock. Please tell me how to fix or refund my money.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 5, 18 2:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been some performance issues (flickering, odd music, etc) and progression troubles with the game. Let's see what we can do to get things working better. One thing that can help with both performance troubles and progression issues is running the game as an Administrator to give it elevated permissions. Sometimes games work best with those additional permissions, so it's a great first step to take. The following link has more details about this:

We can also check for updates to the computer's video card drivers, since conflicts with the current drivers can lead to things not showing up correctly while playing. Steps for doing this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

For the performance issues specifically, we can try to address the visual aspect by adjusting the screen resolution to see if things perform better when at a different resolution. At this link, steps can be found for that:

Screen Resolution

Should these steps not resolve the described issues, please contact our Technical Support Team for assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator if there remaining questions. We'll be happy to continue assisting however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by rick2_917NYC on Feb 6, 18 2:29 PM
I, like murphy1018, had been playing the game with no issues but now crashes with a runtime error every time i start to play.
Running Win 7 Pro and just applied latest windows update maintenance but this did not correct the problem.
Could this have anything to do with .NET framework? There were some optional windows updates for that, but they had caveats about compatibility with certain languages or environments, so not sure that i'm comfortable with that either.

i did the simple things already too. Latest video drivers, current maintenance as i said and i run in administrator mode.

Don't thiink i've ever had a runtime issue with a bigfish game ever and i own quite a few.

Please advise.

Status Update (Feb. 8, 2018):
I created a new profile and the runtime exception went away.
Since I had not owned the game for very long my progress was rather minimal so I did not mind losing my game status but if I had been near game completion and had to lose everything and start over I WOULD HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY IRATE.

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 6:39:07 PM PST

Moneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Moneve on Feb 6, 18 2:38 PM
I have Windows 10, in a Dell Inspiron ( new computer bought in Dec. 2017) . I found in the "Extra" game, that the writing at the bottom, when someone is speaking, does not continue the conversation when you click on it to "continue". I found that issue in the whole extra game. I had to "Skip" to just go on with the game.

[Post New]by rschlapfer on Feb 7, 18 7:46 AM
rschlapfer wrote:When you get to play hop on the desk with half moon, three stars +1/2 you can not fine the items and get the snakes head so you cannot set the clock. Please tell me how to fix or refund my money.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 7, 18 11:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

On the subject of runtime errors, rick2_917NYC, we can try some different things if you're uncomfortable installing the framework updates for Windows. If Flash and Shockwave have recently been updated or reinstalled, our next step is to check the computer's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings to see if they could be causing the error to appear. Steps for this can be found here:

DEP Settings

The issue can also be linked to a save file issue. In those cases, we would try deleting the save data and starting from scratch. If you'd like to try this route, please PM me, and I'll be happy to provide tips on how to do that.

As for your question, Moneve, that's definitely an odd thing to have happen in only part of the game. It's possible there are some files specific to the Bonus Content that require elevated permissions. We can try running the game as an Administrator to see if that helps improve performance. Steps for that can be found here:

To your repost, rschlapfer, please try the troubleshooting steps offered in my previous post. If they do not help, contact our Technical Support Team.

As always, our Moderators are available by PM if there are additional questions or concerns. Feel free to contact us anytime.

bfgArinelle

mimiheart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mimiheart on Feb 7, 18 3:10 PM
Okay. I've updated my drivers, changed the screen settings to every possible setting available. I already run as admin.

I'm on a fairly new computer-- just got it in November. HP Pavilion, Windows 10 laptop.

Still having the flickering on the bottom, still having random jumping in the music and voices.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 7, 18 4:19 PM
Hello mimiheart,

Since it sounds like the troubleshooting we can offer here on the forums did not correct the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can offer other help. We'll do the best we can to make things right, since we don't want our players stuck with a game that's difficult to play due to a visual error.

Thank you for taking the time to try out those steps. Wishing you a wonderful day.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Playingxyz on Feb 8, 18 9:06 AM
I am getting the runtime error too. I tried the troubleshooting steps, uninstalling and reinstalling as well. Nothing helps. The runtime error says:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I contacted the support team and I hope they can quickly fix this problem.

2/9 UPDATE: Deleted my old profile and started over. So far it's working.

Edited on 02/09/2018 at 4:40:32 AM PST

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 9, 18 3:58 AM
murphy1018 wrote:I have been playing this game with no problems until tonight.
Now each time I try to play I keep getting a runtime error.
Please advise.
Thank you

I was able to correct the problem by reinstalling the game and creating a new profile.

Edited on 02/09/2018 at 4:03:15 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 11, 18 2:21 PM
Hey Everyone,

First, I want to thank rlk0045 and Playingxyz for their updates on what worked for them to correct the runtime error. That's fabulous news! I'm glad a workaround was found. That tip may also come in handy for some of other players who may run into the same sort of thing.

As for the progression issue you've run into, halfpint_ny, we can try checking for video card driver updates since running the game as an Administrator didn't help. We can also try starting up a new profile for this as well, since progression issues can be related to something going wrong with the current save file for the game.

Should none of the above resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators will also be happy to answer any remaining questions we can, so you can send one of us a PM whenever you'd like.

bfgArinelle

Go to: