Little Space Duo

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Little Space Duo

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 15, 10 12:05 AM
Help a Little Space Duo, a young girl and a small robot, escape a dangerous situation aboard a huge spaceship! Join them on a mission through the spaceship and help them to overcome all the challenges and hazards they will encounter on the way in this fun and exciting Puzzle Adventure game. Use Lucy and Sunny's special abilities to solve perplexing puzzles and make it passed the evil patroling robots. Can you help this Little Space Duo make it home?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Little Space Duo

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 15, 10 12:36 AM
This game looks fun but I cannot even pass the first level so I am missing someting in the instructions. I am finding the controls hard to get used to - going up and down in the elevator is getting old LOL
Maybe the keyboard works better?
Maybe I am too dumb for this game

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 15, 10 1:04 AM
govegril wrote:This game looks fun but I cannot even pass the first level so I am missing someting in the instructions. I am finding the controls hard to get used to - going up and down in the elevator is getting old LOL
Maybe the keyboard works better?
Maybe I am too dumb for this game

LOl govegril ... you are not alone in your feelings. It was way over my head also.

pat

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 15, 10 1:05 AM

I cringed when I saw the name...

But decided to give it a try anyway.

Waited through the intro, only to discover that it is keyboard controlled.

Not my thing.

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Jun 15, 10 1:10 AM
Wonderful game. Reminds me of mission impossible for c64

Edited on 06/15/2010 at 1:11:09 AM PST

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jun 15, 10 1:28 AM
Hmmm. You've all just confirmed my worst fears. Won't even bother to download.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jun 15, 10 2:09 AM
I figured out how to jump on and off the elevators......but I'm caught in the "maze" and can't get out!! What I felt I needed was to see the whole layout at once in order to figure my way out, but all I got was sections of it at a time...........I'd like to hear from someone who makes it thru level 1; that would be the person to review it!!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 15, 10 2:28 AM
I've actually managed to make it through levels 1,2 and 3 (in 15 minutes) while checking out the demo.
The game is not all that hard if you're used to such games (and I still remember "Lost Vikings" - that was a great puzzle game, why don't they remake it?). You need to find your way through the levels(not being able to see all of a level is an important point for such games), avoid the robots and deactivate the pink objects in order to cut the power of the ship's A.I. Usually, Lucy and Sunny travel together, but sometimes you have to separate them (and can choose to steer either of them) in order to solve a problem. In the first level, for instance, you can only open the second door by positioning Lucy on a lift and motioning Sunny down to the control mechanism.

The game can be controlled by keyboard, mouse or gamepad, so everyone should find the controls they like best. I prefer the keyboard, by the way. I'm still not sure whether I'll buy it (have just downloaded some older games again and am playing through them), but it's an interesting game.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 15, 10 2:30 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:I figured out how to jump on and off the elevators......but I'm caught in the "maze" and can't get out!! What I felt I needed was to see the whole layout at once in order to figure my way out, but all I got was sections of it at a time...........I'd like to hear from someone who makes it thru level 1; that would be the person to review it!!

You are so right .. but so far I have not read about anyone who has made it through or past level 1.

pat

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 15, 10 2:39 AM
Ahem, probably cross-posting, but I've made it through level 1, 2 and 3 without too many problems. Still, I have to admit that it's an unusual game and thus many people might find it quite difficult. And the tutorial could be better, too, I figured out most things on my own.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 15, 10 3:45 AM
patnsky wrote:
LOl govegril ... you are not alone in your feelings. It was way over my head also.

pat

Thanks for making me feel I am not alone patnsky. My way of thinking, if I am having trouble at the start things are only going to get worst so no good spending my entire trial hour just to figure out how to solve level 1

I am moving on

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 15, 10 4:42 AM
b00kworm wrote:and I still remember "Lost Vikings" - that was a great puzzle game, why don't they remake it?.

Agree- loved Lost vikings.

The walkthrough is posted on the blog- I hope it helps a little.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/little-space-duo-walkthrough/

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jun 15, 10 6:10 AM
This game is definitely not for me. If I want confusion and consternation, I'll go to the Chit Chat Corner, thank you very much.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jun 15, 10 7:39 AM
paradoxno1 wrote:Wonderful game. Reminds me of mission impossible for c64

Wow, someone else who remembers that AMAZING game. I spent weeks trying to get to the end, only to find the end wasn't the end! Boy, am I getting 'old'.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Jun 15, 10 11:39 AM
I got to the wall separating Lucy from the switch to open the red door and could go no further. I checked out the walkthrough to see how to get through level 1. It says to unlink from Sunny by hitting C on the keyboard or by right clicking. Neither method unlinks Sunny from Lucy.

This looked like a fun maze game that reminds me somewhat of Lolo for the original Nintendo NES game. I'm disappointed I can't play it.

Edited on 06/15/2010 at 11:40:18 AM PST

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jun 15, 10 12:01 PM
You unlink by pressing the space bar. You switch characters by pressing the C key.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 15, 10 12:04 PM
Masanders wrote:I got to the wall separating Lucy from the switch to open the red door and could go no further. I checked out the walkthrough to see how to get through level 1. It says to unlink from Sunny by hitting C on the keyboard or by right clicking. Neither method unlinks Sunny from Lucy.

This looked like a fun maze game that reminds me somewhat of Lolo for the original Nintendo NES game. I'm disappointed I can't play it.

Hi Masanders!

Sorry you are having trouble. There are three ways to do each-

From the walkthrough:

To LINK/UNLINK the characters: hold down the left mouse button and right-click or press the space bar, or press 3 on the game controller.

To SWITCH between controlled characters: click the right mouse button or press “C” on the keyboard or press 2 on the game controller.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 15, 10 12:09 PM
The game isn`t for me, not really my cup of tea. But I think that many other fishies will enjoy playing it. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Jeffvv42 on Jun 17, 10 7:10 AM
Looks like an old game from the 80's from Epyx, I forget the name of the game. All I know is every time you entered a room a voice said something.

[Post New]by simplyme1fire on Nov 17, 10 9:05 PM
Ok, so I've made it through Level 28, but cannot get anywhere on Level 29, the walk through is of no help. Please help. If anyone has made it this far with success please tell me.

Go to: