ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Why do I feel guilty???

[Post New]by ajuma on Jun 15, 10 6:08 AM
I beta tested this game and I LOVED IT!!!! Couldn't wait for it to come out. Then, it came out as a CE. After a bit of hemming and hawing, I decided to buy my first CE for $20.

Now, every time I start playing this game, all I can see is $20 $20 $20!!!

This is the first time I've bought a CE and intellectually, I know that it was a VERY good deal to buy the CE....but....but....but.....!!!!

Convince me that the CE was worth paying for! (I KNOW it was!! I just need some positive feed back!!!!)

Re:Why do I feel guilty???

[Post New]by psychicpussycat on Jun 15, 10 6:28 AM
I love love love this game and thought the CE price was well worth it.

Personally, I have gone shopping, spent well over $50 and have came home with pretty much nothing to show for it. This game has given me hours and hours of fun.

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Jun 15, 10 6:29 AM
The question is not whether or not it is worth it.... but whether or not it is worth it to YOU.... Are you having fun? Still able to pay for your internet connection? Putting out any fires that break out? Walking the dog? Feeding the kid? Then let it go!!!!

You can not un-buy the game-- and obviously it is something that you like. Let yourself enjoy your little treat and quit beating yourself up. You deserve to do something that makes you happy.

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Jul 2, 10 11:51 AM
I really loved the game and wouldn't spend the 20, but after days of playing I still bought the CE because it gives so much more.

Besides never regret what you did, only what you did'nt do

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 1, 10 11:48 AM
LOL I love your post!! I absolutely know what you mean about the guilt. Which brings me to my question, which is pretty much related? You know how there are other sites that try to be like BFG? Either were around before or since or whatever? Now some of those sites are going out of business & I see where people have mentioned that the games are going to be de-activated...does that mean that you can no longer use them, say if you get a new computer & want to reinstall them using your purchase code or game license?
Does that mean the games just quit working?
And another thing I've been wondering - if you buy a game on disc or back up a purchased game to disc, and you do like me and have a horrible mishap with a 6 month old computer & end up buying like 3 in 3 years (aaahhhhh) lol are you going to eventually be screwed?
I wonder the same thing about my iTunes purchases, but I think what Apple does is allow you to de-activate systems like an authorized computer or phone.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 1, 11 6:30 PM
Nansky69 wrote:I really loved the game and wouldn't spend the 20, but after days of playing I still bought the CE because it gives so much more.

Besides never regret what you did, only what you did'nt do
This is exactly how I feel and exactly what I did. I have never liked this type of game but I decided to demo it for Game of the Year sale and fell in love. Since then I have demoed the other highly rated TM games and I hate them all. Nothing compares to Royal Envoy, my birthday is in 2 days, and this is the only game I want to play so I am now the proud owner of my 1st(and probably last) collector's edition. I'm off to open my present early with a big grin on my face!

Go to: