bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Hidden Expedition: Everest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 15, 10 8:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help articles have helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mac Game Errors

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: Everest technical issues here only

[Post New]by emery419 on Jun 16, 10 8:30 AM
Most of the game ran fine, except for the puzzles. I was not able to complete any of the puzzles on time because I couldn't move the pieces around very well. Clicking on them highlighted them, but they wouldn't drag. When I finally got them to move a little, the movement was very jerky, and when I tried to put the piece in place it wouldn't let go. It was difficult to switch to a different piece. Rotating the pieces worked fine. I am running Mac OS 10.5.8. On the last puzzle, all different all the same, I had the same issue, but the problem was lessened, maybe because the pieces were smaller and didn't have so far to go. I was able to complete the last game, with some difficulty. I would like to go through the game again, but really need to solve that puzzle problem before attempting it.

[Post New]by gdaybloke on Jul 22, 10 7:30 PM
I just purchased Everest this afternoon, after greatly enjoying Amazon.I also purchased Titanic - I really enjoy these kinds of games.

However, the game won't instal on my iPod. I have the latest iTunes, I have the lates software update for the iPod, but every time I try to instal Everest, it gives me an error message saying the resources have been changed.

Nothing about the iPod's hardware or functionality have been changed to my knowledge.

This is particularly odd considering Titanic installed without issue, and the only problems I ever had with Amazon were the memory leaks.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by texasbob on Sep 2, 11 3:52 PM
I can't get this game to work on my macbook air. Downloaded it several times, no luck. I even downloaded and used stuffit expander from the app store but the results are the same: When I click to start the game, the game manager immediately goes to the page asking if I want to play again. So, the game never gets started at all. This isn't a trial either, I've purchased the game and want to get it working. Any suggestions?

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 3:53:20 PM PST

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Jan 1, 14 3:13 PM
I played the game all the way through to the alien code. I had to stop at that point to go somewhere. When I restarted the game, it displayed a gold "Congratulations" certificate over the code screen, and I couldn't play that puzzle. Now it's not available unless I replay the entire game again, and it may not be available even then.

[Post New]by warriorbree on Feb 3, 14 8:33 PM
Love the game, but the puzzles are a nightmare. The skeleton puzzle never worked right for me and I had to quit the game. Don't know if I'll be able to finish it or not because I cannot complete that puzzle due to a technical error.

2lips683
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 2lips683 on Apr 9, 14 9:04 PM
warriorbree wrote:Love the game, but the puzzles are a nightmare. The skeleton puzzle never worked right for me and I had to quit the game. Don't know if I'll be able to finish it or not because I cannot complete that puzzle due to a technical error.

2lips683
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 2lips683 on Apr 9, 14 9:10 PM
[b]i agree that the puzzles are a nightmare!!! can't even see a clear picture of the puzzle which is silly. and the pieces don't readily drop when you want to move them and btw, i think the graphics in this game are not half as good as the titanic game which is my favorite. vibrant colors and clear items. i LOVE these HO games, but i wish the puzzles were more workable... just sayin'

Go to: