Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 18 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/04/2018 at 8:29:50 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 4, 18 8:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Cinnamone
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cinnamone on Feb 5, 18 6:38 PM
Character's mouth is moving, but I can't hear the voices!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 1:10 PM
Hi Cinnamone,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with the sound in the game. For sound-related issues, the best things to check for are the volume controls in the game itself to make sure the sliders are where they should be. This can be done by opening up the Menu for the game. It may also be helpful to check the volume controls for the computer itself; it can be really easy to mute the speakers when adjusting the volume there, so I usually double-check that on my computer when I run into similar troubles.

Should everything there be fine, we can then uninstall and reinstall the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation. Steps for this can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If the issue persists after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM one of our Moderators if there are other questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 10, 18 3:02 PM
Unable to play, i get the error message: Error: Access violation at 0x00000001 (tried to read from 0x00000001) program terminated. I had to delete game and hopefully when there is a fix, i will try it again.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 11, 18 12:38 PM
Hello giddiup101,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble playing the game. Access violation errors are commonly related to interference or incompatibility with some other software on the computer, so we can try a couple of things to get the game and system to get along better. The following link has some steps to try out:

Access Violation

If the issue continues after giving those steps a try, please contact our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also contact our Moderator team by PM with any remaining questions. We'll happily do what we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past - game screen size

[Post New]by jcmillar on Feb 11, 18 3:46 PM
When you launch the game, it is too large for the screen (elements are cut off). When you go into options and un-check the full screen button, the game is then too small for your monitor resolution. I tried adjusting various resolutions but nothing worked. I have not had this issue with the many other Big Fish games I have played, just this one. Thanks.

James

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 12, 18 2:28 PM
Hi there jcmillar,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this issue. Since adjusting the screen resolution doesn't sound like it helped, let's try something else that may. If you're on a desktop computer, we can try using the Auto-Adjust feature of the computer's monitor to see if that fixes things up for us. This can show up as either a separate button on the monitor itself, or it can also be an option available after pushing the Menu button for the monitor.

If you're on a laptop or if this tip does not fix the situation, please contact our Technical Support Team. Our Moderator team is also happy to answer any questions we can, so feel free to PM one of us whenever you'd like.

bfgArinelle

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 13, 18 8:36 AM
Tried several times to open/play this game.. I get error code and get kicked out. Playing on Windows 10. I was unable to play the CE version of this game as well. Also, got error code and was kicked out. Wish I could buy this game and play it, but am unable.
I have bought several other games and played them successfully with no problems. Just this particular game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 14, 18 2:31 PM
Hi Penguin29,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles opening up the game to play it. I'm not sure which error message is showing up, but I'll be happy to provide some general troubleshooting tips that can help improve how the game gets along with the computer system it's being played on. Those steps can be found in the following articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If the issue persists after trying out those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team. You can also always send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators. We'll be glad to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by geokaren on Apr 12, 18 2:45 PM

I am having the same issue on my laptop, was there a fix for this?

bfgArinelle wrote:Hi there jcmillar,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this issue. Since <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290028">adjusting the screen resolution</a> doesn't sound like it helped, let's try something else that may. If you're on a desktop computer, we can try using the Auto-Adjust feature of the computer's monitor to see if that fixes things up for us. This can show up as either a separate button on the monitor itself, or it can also be an option available after pushing the Menu button for the monitor.

If you're on a laptop or if this tip does not fix the situation, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. Our Moderator team is also happy to answer any questions we can, so feel free to PM one of us whenever you'd like.

bfgArinelle

TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past

[Post New]by CocoWish on Apr 19, 18 8:46 PM
Unable to launch the game. I get Error Code 009.

I have deleted the game and downloaded twice.

Any suggestions?

Go to: