The Crop Circles Mystery

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Crop Circles Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 16, 10 12:05 AM
Jane's wheat cultivation has been tampered with in the midst of a dangerous thunderstorm. Some think it was just a prank, others think it was the work of aliens from outer space! Help Jane unravel the perplexing mystery through a journey of shocking revelations and solve The Crop Circles Mystery! Discover who is responsible in this fun Hidden Object game, and find out what is going on once and for all!

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 9:04:29 AM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:The Crop Circles Mystery

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 16, 10 12:12 AM
Took a peek at the walk-thru...

Looks like this one might be a keeper!

Fingers crossed!

Follow up:

Yeah, it's a keeper, and I don't get to keep it

Every object found sends out, not one, but two flashes

Plus the lights flicker

I held on for 44 minutes cuz I really wanted to be able to play this.

My reward is a headache that will prolly be a migraine

Looks like a fun IHOG with many extras to keep up the variety.

Recommended for all but those who can't do the flashes

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 1:19:06 AM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jun 16, 10 12:42 AM
I beta tested this one. Seems I remember that it was kind of dull. I'll go take a dip in the demo and see if I am recalling correctly.

Update: Yes, unfortunately I remembered correctly. IMHO repetative and dull. Cute concept, fairly bright and clear graphics but the story faded away and lost me. Maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea but others might enjoy it's slow and easy pace.
Have a great gaming day Fellow Fishies.

Edited on 06/17/2010 at 6:28:24 AM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 16, 10 1:03 AM
Since I have been trying to download this for an hour with no luck.I have to ask...is it any good?

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Jun 16, 10 1:18 AM
Sartasia, I agree with you...played about 30 mins. and it didn't hold my interest at all. Junk piles that you have to clean up because of a storm, only 2 locations so far, no real story developing...YAWN!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 16, 10 1:21 AM
Capthowdy64 wrote:Since I have been trying to download this for an hour with no luck.I have to ask...is it any good?

Capt, you are having the darnedest time with the games this week!

You have my sympathy!

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 16, 10 1:23 AM
Yeah,I'm sorry to be crying all over you guys.It's just getting really old.I hope no one else is going through this misery.Funny thing is,it was working just fine earlier.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 16, 10 1:30 AM
This game seems like it will be really, really short. I looked at the walkthrough and I estimate that I'll be 3/4 of the way through it when (or if) I finish the demo. Granted, I have played pretty fast (I clicked through the cut-screens, but didn't skip them), though I did all of the puzzles, which have been super easy so far.

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Jun 16, 10 1:36 AM
Thank you Angel_Angel. I have a bad migraine on the way, in fact just took my meds. Couldn't figure out why, never gave playing this game for 44 mins (pure coincidence) a thought. IMHO it's not the most exciting game in the world, but it played with no glitches. I'm one of the unfortunate ones who can't get Midnight Mysteries to work so a bit desperate for a good game. Hope your migraine leaves quickly, as for me I have to stay off computer for a bit.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jun 16, 10 1:42 AM
@capt. I have the same problems. What system are u running? MIne is windows 7, and i can't remember having so many problems with my other computer!!!! But, I agree, it would be great if i could try a game without having to spend 2 hours trying to download it!!!!!

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 16, 10 1:56 AM
Yes Capthowdy64 - it's good and for me a keeper Interactive HOG. Non violent nor scary story line. Supports both times and relaxed mode. The screens, including mini games go right along with the story line. Although the story dialogue is "skipable," I don't know if you would want to considering how it all works together. Although there are quite a few objects on a screen, I wouldn't call this a JUNK PILE HOG game. The hidden objects at least relate to the screen/story line. I also didn't notice any translation problems that many people seem to object to.

Nice unlimited HINT system. Click on the object to see a silhouette of the object, click on the HINT button and it shows you the item you have selected. Hints recharge in 1 min. No miss-click penalty that I could detect. I miss clicked 10 times without a problem. However, 4 QUICK successive random clicks and the screen will dim momentarily.

Crisp graphics (although later on the screens looked a little less crisp - but not to hurt the game.) Haven't run across any really small objects in the time I spent playing the demo. Bright and colorful screens for the most part. Example: "find 14 pumpkins." The screen shows a rainy day, so part of the screen looked overcast and the pumpkins were less than BRIGHT orange in that section - but not hard to see."

Length of game: I played the hour and judging by the walkthrough I am at about the 1/3 mark. I am definitely not fast, but I did use a few hints just to see as much as I could in the hour.

One drawback - I did find the cursor to be a little touchy at times. A couple times I had to click twice. Not on the hidden objects, but on the list of the objects and the Hint button. I also tabbed out of the game (while in a mini game) to check the walkthrough. CRASH TIME!! But when I reloaded the game, it didn't miss a beat - pout me right back in the mini game. Maybe it was a coincidence, but that was an amazing save. Usually when a game locks up it doesn't bother to save first - lol.

All in all, this is my kind of game and even with the slight cursor problem, I'll definitely buy this game.

Sorry to see that some of you are bored with this gsmer. But I guess when I want to relax with a game I don't need a story line that keeps me at the edge of my seat or jumping when the dead rise from the graves.

Thanks BFG
KIW0612

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 16, 10 2:05 AM
Dull, uninteresting, uninspiring, boring. Played 19 minutes and lost interest. Average graphics, hidden objects mostly easy to find, very little in the way of interaction up to the point I stopped playing.

Have two game credits and nothing recently worth buying. I'm disappointed with the selection of games on offer lately but maybe the developers are all on holiday!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 16, 10 2:23 AM
It's a keeper for me, nice graphics, story slowly moving on, a bit junk-pile-y, but logically so (cleaning up after a storm means some junk piles, after all). The mini-games fit nicely with the story so far and I've just gotten off the farm, so there'll be new areas to search in. In relaxed mode, that's the right game to play in between doing other stuff.

Lets see if we're dealing with pranksters or aliens here...

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 16, 10 2:49 AM
Can't say anything bad about this game: nice graphics, interesting story line, quite fast hint system - Straight HOG with some interactions. May be on my list.

Wanted: Edgar Allen Poe - The Cat - dead or live!!!!!

Picman????? Please! Pretty please!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jun 16, 10 3:20 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:Took a peek at the walk-thru...

Looks like this one might be a keeper!

Fingers crossed!

Follow up:

Yeah, it's a keeper, and I don't get to keep it

Every object found sends out, not one, but two flashes

Plus the lights flicker

I held on for 44 minutes cuz I really wanted to be able to play this.

My reward is a headache that will prolly be a migraine

Looks like a fun IHOG with many extras to keep up the variety.

Recommended for all but those who can't do the flashes

Thanks for heads up. I had to dump the latest Magic Encyclopedia game (and I like that series) because all of the flashing and then the shimmering circle scintillas of lights popped me right into a migraine.

I wish that developers would realize that flashing lights can not only cause migraines for many, but also can trigger seizures in epileptics.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jun 16, 10 5:10 AM
Capthowdy64 wrote:Since I have been trying to download this for an hour with no luck.I have to ask...is it tttany good?

Capt...
I understand your frustration. I was having the same problem: out of the blue one day everything that was working fine was suddenly not. I couldn't download any games or get any to play. After much frustration and waiting waiting waiting to hear back from BF..they told me to uninstall the game manager then redownload it. I went into my control panel add/remove programs section and uninstalled it there. I just went back onto the BF website and redownloaded one of the games I had already purchased and it downloaded the new updated manager with it. If you haven't already tried this...I hope this works for you. It did fix my problems and keeping my fingers crossed they won't try to fix something else that isn't broke. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. Kim

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jun 16, 10 5:10 AM
I can't even download this! Yes, I have all the latest everythings....direct x the latest this and that...no I don't have to update anything...thank you very much.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 16, 10 8:18 AM
Great review, KIW0612

A keeper for me also and for all the same reasons.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 16, 10 8:41 AM
KIWo612, Have you tried the regular game cursor? It seems to work better. I think it is a good relaxing game too and I bought it. Agree with you on everything.

[Post New]by SoonersSlave on Jun 16, 10 9:57 AM
No window?? I have tried EVERY resolution and it keeps saying windowed mode is not supported in my current resolution. Any suggestions??

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 9:58:13 AM PST

Go to: