bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Crop Circles Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 16, 10 1:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any The Crop Circles Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jun 16, 10 1:39 AM
anybody else having issues? Lately, just about every game i download i have issues with. Don't get it? I do all the stuff in the help pages but nothing works. Sometimes i think it's this stupid windows 7. I never had any problems until new computer. Any help would be nice!

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Jun 16, 10 5:56 AM
Yes I'm having lots of problems too, games will download but not install, then if they install they won't play, games I've played before are now giving me access violation errors. Driving me nuts - I've been talking to Customer Service and done the stuff that they suggested but nothing is working so far, waiting on another reply. I am so sick of uninstalling and reinstalling the games manager. My laptop isn't very old and I didn't have any problems until the last couple of weeks so I don't know what has gone wrong.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jun 16, 10 10:02 AM
I've had 3 problems after playing for 21 minutes.
Problem # 1
I've played using the game pointer and without it. Each time, items require more than one click to pick them up. During the "find 16 photos," the pointer doesn't work at all.

Problem #2
When I click the menu, it gives me a hint instead.

Problem #3
At the "find 16 photos," when I click the menu, nothing happened. I had to "ctrl-alt-delete to exit the game.

Waiting for the fixes before continuing play.

Other then this, the game is a basic and easy hidden object game. Up to this point of the game, there were no mini-games.

Problably will not purchase even witht he fixes, game too easy.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jun 16, 10 11:38 AM
Downloaded demo. No sound whatsoever and the hints do not work.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Jun 16, 10 12:33 PM
I have only played the first HOG screen because I got so annoyed. The gamecursor/and the pc cursor behaved irratic and you have to click several times on objects, which then blackens the screen for a few seconds... and so forth.

If you don't wait until the menu button lights up, you will use a hint instead...

And then I had to force the game to shut down because it froze...

I am not amused!!!

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 12:35:59 PM PST

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Jun 16, 10 1:00 PM
I download it but it would not play got an error message, the only time I have any problems is with some games at BF, they should test them before they put them out for us to play. This has only been 4 games now in 2 months I have had problems with. What gives BF what is up with the junk were getting???????????

brammie5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by brammie5 on Jun 16, 10 3:18 PM
I have tried to download this game twice and each time I have hit the play button I get this message,"Cannot find import;DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version File "BASS dll" error 998

I run Windows 7 and have updated all files and drivers that I can..My computer is an HP with Pentium dual core processor 2.6 Ghz. Hope this helps find the bugs

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 16, 10 3:22 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are having download problems, it may help to check your firewall and Game Manager settings.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
If you are having cursor issues, it may help to turn of the cursor (if that's an option) or check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X since these can help with display issues.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 3:22:46 PM PST

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jun 16, 10 4:33 PM
The game downloaded ok and seems to run smoothly, but
at the botton of the screen where the objects to find are it kind
of jumps. The last line just kind of vibrates, so it is kind of annoying.
I liked the game but probably will not buy because of it.

sraeh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by sraeh on Jun 16, 10 4:35 PM
Don't pay for this game until it is fixed. Don't bother clicking directly on the target item, it won't work. You have to click to the lower-right of 99% of the items. Otherwise you will spend all your time trying to figure out the right place to select the item. All items are selectable it you can find the right place to click before you get penalized for excessive clicks. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem with other HOGs.

[Post New]by indigo729 on Jun 16, 10 6:07 PM
Not able to download at all, says file is corrupt.

casuziq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by casuziq on Jun 17, 10 7:23 PM
Game loads okay but I get large 'white' areas and can't see to play properly.

I guess it's okay as what little I was able to see did not impress me whatsoever.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 18, 10 6:41 AM
Just wanted to say that I don't have any problems with this game (nor with any of the other games I download - my OS is Vista). I played the game for half an hour and then bought it.
I am sure that it must be quite frustrating for the game creators to know exactly what they have to 'fix' if the game is flawless for the majority of us players.

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 6:42:39 AM PST

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 18, 10 9:27 PM
When I tried to play I had large white areas some square and some rectangle. These disappeared for awhile. I had a very hard time opening the inventory to dress the scarecrow. When I got to the part about repairing the farm I had two large white squares in the middle of the screen and wasn't able to do anything. Finally just had to shut down.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 18, 10 9:32 PM
I just went to the walkthrough and realized my game skipped from the first hidden object scene at the barn to fixing the farm with nothing in between.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Jun 19, 10 6:57 AM
The cursor just stopped working both custom and non-custom.
I played about 5 minutes and then I couldn't pick anything up.
And also, as stated above, when you click the menu button, it activates a hint.

[Post New]by cafen8td on Jun 19, 10 8:02 AM
When I click "play game" it shuts down my Big Fish game manager. So far about 5 games either give me an error or this happens! I'm thinking about just closing my account with Big Fish. I don't understand how it could be my computer when the same game works with another site just fine! Very, VERY frustrating!!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 19, 10 1:37 PM
First of all, this is for sure a "pixel hunt" game. Even on the options menu. I had to try several times to get rid of the game cursor, which was extremely sluggish. Then I ran into the problem of not finding the right spot to click on items, and the screen going dark.

Well, at least it loaded okay, and played. Which is more than I can say for a lot of games here lately.

In any case, after 4 minutes, I had enough. There are plenty of good games out there. I don't have time to fiddle with carp like this.

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Jun 19, 10 8:38 PM
My cursor froze every few seconds throughout the game, including (occasionally) when I clicked on the Hints button -- which meant I couldn't see where the hint was. This was extremely frustrating; I'm sure it wasted half of the free hour. Needless to say, I won't be buying this on. Too bad; I kind of like the mix of HOG and time management.

Go to: