Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 5, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/05/2018 at 7:59:34 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 5, 18 7:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 5, 18 3:38 PM

One of my favorite features in Rainbow Mosaics is that you can choose from 10 different tilesets, my personal favorite is the Lego style and the newer round tiles. You can also choose to play in Expert mode which only crosses off the numbers once the entire row or column has been correctly filled in, AND the power-ups are disabled.

There are 120 levels, and as you play each level, they will be available in the Free-play section. As you correctly fill in squares, you will earn coins that can be used to decorate the Trophy Room or purchase upgrades for the Power-ups which are hint forms that will increase in the size of coverage with each upgrade.

The Eye Power-up will reveal the status of a random tile, the Hammer Power-up will allow you to choose which tile to reveal, and the Grid Power-up opens up a chosen area, all of which will not result in a penalty. Each time you upgrade a power-up, it increases the number of tiles it affects, and each power-up will show an example of it's current coverage.

This is another fantastic Mosaic Griddler game, just don't tell the penguins I said so!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 5, 18 5:03 PM
40 minutes into the demo, and the music is annoying. The pictures themselves are okay, but I'm going to have to mute it.

I'll probably get this game, but the music isn't as good as the last one.

markb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by markb on Feb 7, 18 7:58 AM
I agree with PenMom that these games are very well executed. I bought the first two in the series and enjoyed playing both. However, there is very little replay value in them. Without a method to judge one's progressing ability to solve the puzzles, they are just exercises in repetition.

Note to DEVELOPERS: Adding some method to judge one's progress pretty much guarantees repeat playability and value for the money being spent. A timer .. or some other method of keeping score on the individual puzzle would allow you to achieve more game sales. Until that happens, I am afraid I will not be purchasing any more Rainbow Mosaics. I will keep checking the games as come out to see if anything has changed which would lead me back to the fold. As I said, they are well executed games and quite good eye candy. Bravo on that regard.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 13, 18 4:53 AM
markb wrote: Note to DEVELOPERS: Adding some method to judge one's progress pretty much guarantees repeat playability and value for the money being spent. A timer .. or some other method of keeping score on the individual puzzle would allow you to achieve more game sales. Until that happens, I am afraid I will not be purchasing any more Rainbow Mosaics. I will keep checking the games as come out to see if anything has changed which would lead me back to the fold. As I said, they are well executed games and quite good eye candy. Bravo on that regard.

I never really thought about this point, but it's a fantastic concept! Perhaps they could have an option to play with a Timer, and each puzzle in the levels was progressively more difficult, 1 being super easy, the 5th very complex and difficult to finish within the time frame.

Go to: