Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire: Ted And P.E.T. here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 5, 18 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/05/2018 at 7:57:24 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire: Ted And P.E.T. here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 5, 18 7:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Solitaire: Ted And P.E.T! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Solitaire: Ted And P.E.T.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Feb 5, 18 6:40 PM
I actually like playing these games and did finish the demo. You are able to skip the tutoring as always the same game play with no changes. But I do recall many fishes complaining about this dev's games because at a certain time for a few seconds the screen go slight dim and it tells you that you have 499 coins. Yes it is not long but just enough that it is annoying and you may be in a run and you lose focus as have to stop. Thought maybe they would fix that.

Also you do not finish when board is cleared of cards but have to get all gold cards so each hand can be over with 10 cards still left on board. I will probably not get this game as I can just replay the one I have just like it.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 6, 18 5:44 AM

This game claims to take us back in time with courageous travelers, Ted and Pet Who is Ted? Who is Pet? Who knows! There isn't a story told as you begin, or even between each level, how are we supposed to know this? Where are they heading? Well, supposedly we are supposed to "Behold the wonders of the Jurassic period" again, how are we supposed to know this, because one of the card graphic choices has dinosaurs? I'm okay with a solitaire game not having a story, but when they make it sound like there's a story and there isn't, it's kind of confusing.

The synopsis also says to "challenge yourself to a plethora of solitaire layouts" and that there is a "gigantic variety of solitaire variants" but the only type of solitaire offered in this game is a Golf variation of Higher/Lower. To make matters more confusing, the tutorial pages tell you to make chains by playing 1 card higher or lower, then it says to pick a deck card if there are no available Matching cards as if it were a mahjong matching solitaire variation?

You can choose from 10 different card graphics and 3 card font sizes and styles, but none of the cards are very attractive. The synopsis says there are a ton of trophies to earn which basically means 15 in layman's terms. You begin the game in Newbie mode which allows you to replay any hand, afterwards you can switch to Professional mode if desired which only allows you to replay the entire 10 hand level.

The only goal of each level, is to remove all special Gold cards, you will win the hand if you remove all special cards even if regular cards remain. This is a feature I absolutely hate, because I want the ability to remove ALL of the cards, having cards left on the board drives me bonkers! Normally, I will play a hand over and over until I remove all cards, but I don't get that option with any of the solitaire games offered by this dev.

You can use the coins earned to buy a few sparse items in the shop, and by a few, I mean exactly 3! You can buy an extra Undo feature, they only give you one to start with,  which is a feature you're going to need because on several occasions, when I clicked on a deck card, more than one card would turn over, because the cards would shake as if I missed a card, when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had no available cards to play when I clicked on the deck pile. You can also buy a Shuffle feature and a Wildcard Joker. There are bonus cards available in each level which will give you either 499 extra points when played, or a shuffle, undo or Joker.

The features available are so predictable in this game, because they are the same features offered in all of this devs games. If you don't care that you can't remove all cards from the board, unless you play them all before removing the gold cards, then you may love this game. But because I hate this feature, I just can't recommend this game!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Mar 4, 18 2:40 AM
I downloaded this game because :
1. I love Solitaire
2. I know how to play about 100 different Solitaire variations and thought this might teach me some new ones, allow me to remember some forgotten ones or be some sort of challenge.
3. I thought it might have an entertaining story.

I loathe this game because:
1. It's not Solitaire, it's some weird variation where random cards are "special" and give you a "perfect score" even with cards left unplayed.
2. It's Golf. Just Golf. Only difference in the hands is the layout of cards. Weird layouts with cards at strange angles, which I can only suppose is supposed to increase the difficulty of finding a card that you can play. Fails miserably. I was playing Golf at age 5. That's well over 50 years ago. Thought it might at least be Klondike, Canfield, Forty Thieves...something an adult can feel challenged playing.
3. No story. At all. Why title it after characters you don't ever see?

Oh, one more thing to hate. They give you coins to shop in the store for stuff I'll never use cause what Solitaire addict wouldn't just replay the hand? And while they are giving you coins for seemingly random plays, the whole screen freezes, my cursor goes nuts and I want to put my fist through my new Win10 computer touchscreen. Grrrr.

Go to: