bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

UPDATED: Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 16, 10 12:02 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Please also try closing down Firefox if you are running your browser in the background, as this is a known solution to reported game crashes.

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

NOTE: If your game is crashing immediately upon launch, the known solution is to download an update for your video card. For more information please see our post here.

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:UPDATED: Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Jun 17, 10 3:44 PM
I am having a problem with this game. Whenever I go to the game manager and click on play I get a message that says :
"Flux Family Secrets was unable to initialize the display device. If you have hardware acceleration turned off, please re-enable it. Otherwise, try updating your graphics card drivers." I checked in the forum to see if there were any updates for this game, and it said that their was, but whenever I check for one on my game manager it says that there is no new update, so I guess I must have the latest version..

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:UPDATED: Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by U25150 on Jun 18, 10 5:39 PM
Not sure if this is considered a technical issue but here it goes ...

In the Round Room - Fireplace scene, where you have to get the star from the basin, the image pops out. Yet, I'm unable to grab it when I click it. This is the second profile that I've created due to this issue. The first profile I can't get the star image to pop out of the basin at all.

VERY frustrating since I can no longer proceed in the game without it.

[Post New]by jodgrl62 on Jun 18, 10 6:22 PM
waguhs123 wrote:I am having a problem with this game. Whenever I go to the game manager and click on play I get a message that says :
"Flux Family Secrets was unable to initialize the display device. If you have hardware acceleration turned off, please re-enable it. Otherwise, try updating your graphics card drivers." I checked in the forum to see if there were any updates for this game, and it said that their was, but whenever I check for one on my game manager it says that there is no new update, so I guess I must have the latest version..

Is there an answer to this? I really want to play this game. Thank you for the games I really enjoy them and have purchased quite a few.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Jun 18, 10 7:12 PM
There have been several probs that Skunk said they were working on so hopefully if you D/L the update that should help.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Jun 18, 10 7:17 PM
Ok, support always asks if you check the requirements and if your computer is up to it so here they are:

System Requirements:

* CPU: 1.0 GHz
* RAM: 512 MB
* DirectX: 8.0
* Hard Drive: 594 MB

Next thing they tell you is to make sure your video card has the latest driver and that your Direct X is up-to-date.

That's my best techy comments so hope it works for at least some of you......good luck because it's a fun game!

[Post New]by ghgrhghghgruhfhg on Jun 18, 10 11:57 PM
my problem is that whenever i click on play game it just sends me to the screen that says thank you for playing you have 60 minutes left.......

[Post New]by elainehop on Jun 19, 10 7:31 AM
HP Laptop. Only get to the download part. It seems to get stuck on "saving" and then downloads again. Have done it with it the only program going, with Avast off, and firewall off. Still can't get it to save and get to look at it.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 19, 10 4:57 PM
older (2004) pc running windows XP. Don't have HD monitor.

I can start the game ok but once the first minigame opened the game slowed down so much the cursor wouldn't move right and I could hear my computer straining. Then even trying to exit the game was tedious.

I uninstalled. Since I don't have a widescreen monitor (or HD) I had black bands at top and bottom of screen and the items to find were too small. Plus the running problem.

Maybe the non CE version will run better on my pc. If not, no loss.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 19, 10 5:11 PM
I read on the forum that there is an updated version. But my game mgr doesn't have that alert or I'd not known about it. I'm sure GM is up to date since I've d/l other games since FF CE. Not sure whether to uninstall and reinstall it but I purchased it on 6/10 before the new version. When I got stuck I did not know if it was me or a glitch, lost some inventory. Exited then returned to game and didn't save what I had done, had to do the same rooms over, think between chap 3 and 4 somewhere. Is that where there was a graphics problem? Hate to lose my progress if not and have to do that one over again.

Why doesn't it show up on my GM and just a post here?

ETA Oh, it was the ladder I had, then returning to the game it wasn't there and wouldn't click off the second time. And I think the statue head again too. Otherwise it seemed to DL fine and run good on W7 laptop, more than ample resources. I kept looking at the SG and it showed what I already did but couldn't do it again to proceed (?) weird. Is this where the glitch is?

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 5:16:46 PM PST

[Post New]by piggy18 on Jun 20, 10 5:52 AM
hi my game has fuzz bits in it which make it really hard to play plez help

[Post New]by femalemeph on Jun 20, 10 1:19 PM
waguhs123 wrote:I am having a problem with this game. Whenever I go to the game manager and click on play I get a message that says :

Yep, I've got this problem, too. I've checked my video drivers, display settings, Direct X - all up to date. I've tried running it as an admin under WindowsXP compatibility. I've tried reinstalling the game. I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't see the tiny message about this problem on the download page until after I'd paid 20 dollars for it, to be honest.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 20, 10 2:13 PM

If anyone is receiving this message, you may need to check to make sure that your hardware acceleration is turned all the way up. Updating drivers may help, but if you're all up to date and still receiving this message, it means you need to turn hardware acceleration on (or maybe need to turn it higher).

Here are some tips to help:

Windows XP

Right click desktop and click on Properties
Click Settings tab and then Advanced
Next click on the Troubleshoot tab
move the Hardware Acceleration slider all the way to the right so it is highest.

Windows Vista

Right click on your desktop and choose Personalize.
Click Display Settings then Advanced Settings
Then click the Troubleshoot tab and Change Settings
Approve any Windows permissions boxes that pop up
In the Display Adapter Troubleshooter box, move the slider all the way to the right so that it is highest

Windows 7

From the control panel click Personalization and then select Display Settings
Click Advanced Settings
Click Change Settings on the Troubleshooting tab
Move Hardware Acceleration slider all the way to the right or to the highest setting

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 2:14:16 PM PST

[Post New]by femalemeph on Jun 21, 10 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't got the option of doing anything to the hardware acceleration as it's greyed out. Thanks, though. I've submitted a ticket to see if anything can be done. If not, I guess I'll be looking for a refund.

[Post New]by peggykraus1008 on Jun 21, 10 1:13 PM
I purchased the collectors edition of this game. Last night the game locked up my computer and all I had was a black screen. I worked through that with a forced quit, but the real problem is that I am at the tavern level. I need to make the coffee and I've found all the elements, but the jug is attached to the water barrel (after I filled it with water) and it won't go into my inventory. So I'm just stuck. Any tips for this one? I love the game so far but frustrated now.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 21, 10 2:48 PM
UPDATE New version of Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole CE as of 6/21/2010. This new version resolves display change errors that were causing crashes in some games. For more information, please click here for the announcement.

Also if hardware acceleration is grayed out in your options, your video card may not allow you to adjust this option. In that case, you may need to look to your video card settings or contact tech support.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by Victoria1054 on Jun 21, 10 5:35 PM
U25150 wrote:Not sure if this is considered a technical issue but here it goes ...

In the Round Room - Fireplace scene, where you have to get the star from the basin, the image pops out. Yet, I'm unable to grab it when I click it. This is the second profile that I've created due to this issue. The first profile I can't get the star image to pop out of the basin at all.

VERY frustrating since I can no longer proceed in the game without it.

Having the same problem! Can't proceed.

[Post New]by moviesign on Jun 21, 10 6:17 PM
I just bought the Collector's Edition and have come to a puzzle that I am not allowed to solve. When I get to the painting or picture with four numbers hidden in it, the game will not let me click on the lock to enter the numbers. I know I can skip the puzzle but I wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem. The lock is the silver rectangle to the right of the picture, correct? I've clicked on it a hundred times in a hundred different spots but no luck

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jun 22, 10 12:38 PM
Every time I open this game (Collector's Edition), it takes me back to Chapter 3, and I have to start over from that point.

The very first time I played, I found all the ladder pieces, gone into the attic and already started putting the pieces of the giro together when I shut down for the night.

The second time I played (last night), the game started me back on the main floor with the rungs to the ladder still in the inventory. I put the rungs of the ladder back on the wall and started working in the attic on the giro for the 2nd time. I continued playing until I was near the end of Chapter 6.

This morning when I loaded the game, I was taken back to Chapter 3 AGAIN to start. Today I did NOT have the ladder rungs in the inventory. To start playing today, I had to finish putting the fire extinguisher together, place it in front of the fireplace to put out the fire and trigger the **** game where I collect the ladder rungs. I now have to replay Chapter 3, 4, 5, and the part of Chapter 6 that I played last night, all over again.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

How do we resolve this issue?

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 12:42:50 PM PST

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jun 22, 10 3:53 PM
I was almost finished with the game when an odd problem occured.

In the end of chapter 9 I went to collect the flux piece from the sparkling crate. It shows up but won't let me pick it up, I left the scene and returned to try again and now it's telling me there is nothing I need in the scene and nothing even happens when I click the sparkling crate. I'm stuck and now cannot move forward in the game.

I baught the game Monday so it is the new version. I hope someone can find a way to get this fixed.

Thank you.

Go to: