Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 6, 18 12:56 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 8:19:50 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 8:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by suekjones on Feb 6, 18 10:46 AM
Downloaded the game just before I left for work this morning so it wouls be ready to play when I got home. I get home from work, settle down to plat the trial only to be told that my trial has expired - Ive not even opened it, Not a good start -
Update: reinstalled as directed - success until I go to play it. Unplyable with flshing lights and libes all over the place. Same problem as I had with both the CE &SE of Unseen Fears. No updates for that either, Getting v frustrated with not being able to play games that I look forward to

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 11:24:48 PM PST

[Post New]by MouseThatRoars on Feb 6, 18 12:08 PM
Hello. I am having problems opening the game. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times. I've tried opening it from the Big Fish Games panel, my Windows Start menu, my Programs menu. Every time, I get an Error access message and the the program must terminate. I've noticed my entire monitor display changes, as well (everything becomes bigger), when this message pops up. It's like the game is trying to either change or fit onto my large monitor, and it can't, so it can't open at all. I used two credits to get this game. This is my first experience with Cubis Kingdoms. So far, not so good. If this was only designed for smaller monitors or older operating systems, there should be a warning or, at least, some advice, on how to open it on a newer, slightly bigger monitor. Mine is approx. 12 x 18 inches. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. I have a Dell PC (only a couple years old). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Post New]by MarkAlan27 on Feb 6, 18 1:08 PM
I have black bars around the entire screen in Full Screen.

Please help.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 1:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like we have an expired trial and some possible display issues causing the game to either not open or to appear oddly on the screen. We can definitely do some troubleshooting to try to get things working better.

For the trial that shows up as expired before it can be played, this usually signals that something went wrong with the download of the trial. We can usually remedy this by uninstalling and reinstalling the trial. More information about this can be found at the following links:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Download a Trial Game

If that doesn't work, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll have some additional tips we can try to ensure something like this doesn't happen with future downloads of free trials.

For the display issues that could also be leading to the game not opening up, we can try some resolution adjusting since that could help with both of the described issues. Adjusting resolution helps when a game doesn't fit well on the screen, and it's also a great step to try if it's suspected that the game is being picky about the resolution it works best at. Steps for changing a computer's resolution can be found here:

Screen Resolution

Should these tips not resolve the issue, go ahead and email our Technical Support Team. You can also always PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to help with any questions that remain.

bfgArinelle

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Feb 6, 18 5:43 PM
Game window occasionally closes on it's own and when it stays open the screen flashes non-stop. Already uninstalled the game so no need to cut and paste an additional "It's your fault not ours" message.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 7, 18 1:23 PM
Hello mbmb6868,

If you'd prefer to not troubleshoot, that's perfectly understandable. Troubleshooting tips are offered to try to help players get a game up and running, but I totally understand if it isn't something everyone wants to try.

Feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team instead and request a replacement game. You may also PM a Moderator if you have any other questions. We're always hear to lend an ear and assistance in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: