Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 6, 18 12:57 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 8:19:26 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 8:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 6, 18 10:59 AM

Cubis Kingdoms is a fantastic 3D Match 3 game that requires strategy to win. I love that I have to plan my moves carefully, so I don't get stacks and stacks of cubes filling up the board, until I run out of moves! Even though I love the game, I don't love it enough to pay the Collector's Edition price. Sure 50 bonus levels are a plus, but other than Wallpapers, Concept Art, Music, and Avatar pictures, nothing is offered that constitutes paying double the price, so I will wait patiently for the Standard Edition version to be released.

This is a Limited Moves type of Match 3 game that you play on a checkerboard, by shooting 3D cubes of 7 different colors, representing the 7 Elements. You can shoot the cube (and switch to the next cube if desired using the icon on the bottom right) from any column or row along the left and bottom sides, when at least 3 cubes of the same color collide, they will be removed. Cells that are highlighted, indicate that a new cube will appear there on the next turn, which can cause the cubes to stack upon one another if a cube lands on the highlighted cell without making a match.

The goal is to make a specific number of matches of specific colored cubes as shown, within a specific amount of moves. Once you have met the level goals, you can continue to make matches to clear the entire board, if you have enough moves remaining to do so. You can earn up to 3 Stars per level, and any level can be replayed. The gameplay is easy to figure out, but not so easy to master, especially when obstacles are added that can't be moved, such as Stone Blocks, Cats, Frost, Tar, Holes, and Portals! As you progress, however, Power-Ups are added such as Lightning Cubes, which will remove all cubes of the same color, once included within a match, Phoenix Eggs,Cube blasting Ermines, Turtle Shells to fill holes, and Raven Fire. (sounds epic doesn't it?)

If you clear all cubes from the board, you will earn a bottle of the Elixir of Life. Throughout the Level Map, there are Phoenix Icons, that will awaken by turning Orange once you have acquired enough Elements. To release the curse trapped within the Phoenix Totem, you will need to use the Elixir on the totem, which lifts the Dark Fog, and frees the animals and plants in that area of the map, and you can slightly interact with some of those animals too.

CUBIS GAMES AVAILABLE (on BF)
Title***Release Date***Average Rating
*Cubis Gold 2 *February 9-2005* 4.8 (Fresh Games)
*Cubis Creatures *October 27-2013* 3,8 (Fresh Games)
*Cubis Kingdoms CE *February 6-2018* n/a (BoomZap/****)

This Collector's Edition version has 12 Wallpapers, 16 Concept Art Pictures, 10 Avatar pictures, 7 Music Soundtracks, and 50 Bonus Levels.

The previous Cubis games, if I'm not mistaken, were developed by FreshGames, but Cubis Kingdoms are developed by Boom Zap and ****. I don't know why the developers changed, but they have successfully combined some new features, without ditching the standard favorites. If you don't mind paying twice as much just to get a few pictures and 50 more levels, or you just can't wait, gotta have it now, then this is a perfect fit. I however, am NOT impressed enough with the CE "extra's" to pay twice as much, so I will wait until the Standard Edition version is released before buying Cubis Kingdoms, enjoy!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 6, 18 6:43 PM
This is a good, challenging Match 3 game, but not worth the price of a CE, IMO. I used to play Cubis and Cubis Gold 2 online, and I probably purchased Cubis Gold 2 way back when. As penmom36 stated, gameplay is not easy to master, especially if you really like to clear the board and earn that Elixir of Life. The graphics are a bit basic, and on the cute side. I like that you can interact a little bit with the creatures that are freed when you use the Elixir on the totem, like waking the sleeping bear, or fish jumping out of the water. I will be waiting for the SE before purchasing.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Feb 10, 18 11:41 PM
I also will be waiting for SE as I cannot see the value in paying for the CE. I've played Cubis since the first one came out way back. This one threw me as it adds cubes to the board as each turn is played which I haven't come across - or at least I cannot remember the previous games doing this - but at least it's not timed which I really dislike. (On the original Cubis I could "cheat" and add time to the levels which helped plus I could make levels of my own which I enjoyed doing.)

[Post New]by gardendlite4me on Feb 22, 18 6:17 PM
I should have waited for the se version. ONE thing is missing that is truly missed is a strategy guide. There is a brief tutorial but it ends after the first power up. I don't understand what the fairy dust does..

Go to: