bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 17, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington forum

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 17, 10 12:11 AM
Woo new Agatha Christie

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Jun 17, 10 1:30 AM
I'm with you Svengoolie on that! The Agatha Christie series of games are amongst my favourite of all HOGs. Downloading now and I can almost guarantee I'll purchase this without even trying it. Woohoo!!

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Jun 17, 10 1:34 AM
I take that back.. I DID try it - only to make sure it ran on my laptop - and I've already purchased it. LOVE this series of games - hope this one lives up to the enjoyment level I've had with the others in the series!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 17, 10 1:51 AM
This is indeed a lovely game although a straight HOG. I usually prefer Ihogs or more adventure based games but this one is so beautifully made I may buy it. Does anyone know how long the game is? I have done half an hours worth of my demo and am up to chapter 5 so am a bit worried about length.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 17, 10 1:54 AM
katejoe999 wrote:This is indeed a lovely game although a straight HOG. I usually prefer Ihogs or more adventure based games but this one is so beautifully made I may buy it. Does anyone know how long the game is? I have done half an hours worth of my demo and am up to chapter 5 so am a bit worried about length.

The walkthrough says that there are eleven chapters. Each chapter gets longer, but I can't imagine the game will take too long to finish.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Jun 17, 10 1:59 AM
I agree with the others. The Agatha Christie games are always of the highest quality. Objects very clear, if sometimes small. Never any technical issues. I love the music in this series because it is always soothing. I love IHOGS, but this is the kind of game I like when I just want to relax. I will definitely buy after payday!!

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Jun 17, 10 2:06 AM
Game length can be an issue for me at times too, but I have to say that when it comes to the Agatha Christie series, length (or even lack thereof) is not really a problem for me. I've been a huge fan of both these and the MCF series since HOGs became popular. I realize that this genre of games (HOGs and now IHOGs) have become more sophisticated & people have come to expect more of them as time has gone on, however, when it comes to the Agatha Christie series, they'll always hold a special place in my heart. One thing I'm *very* pleased about is that this wasn't released as a CE, because I know for a fact I would not have been able to wait to purchase it, and I've spent a little too much on games in the past month and need to scale back a touch in terms of the $$'s I've spent!!

Can't wait to play this (just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow!).

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 17, 10 2:12 AM
Are the items teeny tiny like so many were on Deadman's Folly? What size monitor are you playing on? I loved the first 2 AGs so much, there were some smalls on those and it was timed but with enough hints I liked and even replayed them. But I had to give up very disappointed on Deadman on a laptop 15" ran out of hints, even using them I could not identify them.

Hope this isn't timed either. Thanks.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jun 17, 10 2:56 AM
Definitely a buy for me - another 6.99 gone...

Both timed and untimed mode, beautiful graphics and a new main character this time. We have Miss Maple instead of good old Monsieur Poirot. The objects haven't seemed that small to me so far, but I'm not sure whether some would be on a small monitor.

This and the free Ravenhearst are going to be my occupation this weekend. Only one more day to go...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 17, 10 3:10 AM
Small yes on the first chapter but doable, just needed one hint. But I'm on the map and haven't a clue where the towns are, can't read the names so trying to use a mag glass to read them. This is worse finding a location than that Texas map on Bonny and Clyde. Going to find the walkthrough to show me (I hope) what the map says and where. Don't want to use up my demo time and sure don't know England geography

I always loved the Mrs Marple tv mysteries as much as Murder She Wrote, I'm sure this is a good story but even so clear graphics not so easy on a laptop. Think I'll try the other one about the knight.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jun 17, 10 3:28 AM
While preferring IHOGS and FROGS, this is a must buy for me.
Graphics are so clear and sharp, music is pleasant to listen to and so far items fit into the era of the game. Really look forward to playing it later on so have only played a small part of the demo.
Apart from DDs I usually buy my full priced games at the end of the month but do not know if I will be able to hold out with this one.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Jun 17, 10 5:11 AM
Could someone please tell me how to use the hints? All I get is a magnifying glass and it doesn't do anything. Thanks

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jun 17, 10 5:22 AM
I haver a question: the game is noted as being about 44mb on download, that seems like a very short game.............where it says BUY for the unlimited version does that mean your getting add'l mb of play? Never could understand this. Thought I would ask............I will try the game as I like Agatha Christie. More doesn't always mean better

Thanks,

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jun 17, 10 5:35 AM
Lovely game!! This will be a definite buy for me!

moglassie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by moglassie on Jun 17, 10 6:00 AM
Imberis wrote:
katejoe999 wrote:This is indeed a lovely game although a straight HOG. I usually prefer Ihogs or more adventure based games but this one is so beautifully made I may buy it. Does anyone know how long the game is? I have done half an hours worth of my demo and am up to chapter 5 so am a bit worried about length.

The walkthrough says that there are eleven chapters. Each chapter gets longer, but I can't imagine the game will take too long to finish.

Good Morning,

I am new to the BigFish forum and downloading this game with high hopes for hours of enjoyment. You mention a walkthrough, I have not seen that here. Am I just not looking or looking in the wrong place. Help... please.

Thank you in advance.

ginn_lee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ginn_lee on Jun 17, 10 6:15 AM
i would like to know where walkthrough is also, I will not buy a game without having a walkthrough for it in case of getting stuck or something. Can someone tell us where walkthrough for this game is?
Thanks
Ginny

BUDDYROSE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BUDDYROSE on Jun 17, 10 7:24 AM
The "other game site" has "special edition" on their 4:50 from Paddington. Is this the same version as the special edition? I love these Agatha Christie games.

BBFinesse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BBFinesse on Jun 17, 10 8:15 AM
recliner24 wrote:I haver a question: the game is noted as being about 44mb on download, that seems like a very short game.............where it says BUY for the unlimited version does that mean your getting add'l mb of play? Never could understand this. Thought I would ask............I will try the game as I like Agatha Christie. More doesn't always mean better

Thanks,

I've noticed on a couple of games I've downloaded lately that appear to be small from the MB shown that when they are installing or you first click to play, the file is then unpacked. So, I have a feeling these small games we are seeing lately that most of them are zipped or condensed files and are much larger than they appear to be.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 17, 10 8:50 AM
BUDDYROSE wrote:The "other game site" has "special edition" on their 4:50 from Paddington. Is this the same version as the special edition? I love these Agatha Christie games.

I got that version - you do get a free copy of Death on the Nile, which I have already. And the extras were a walkthrough and tips and a brief description of how they made the game. Interesting, but nothing to pay extra for.

Loved the game and it's well worth buying, but after you have completed it, you get to play find all items. But the place of the items doesn't change, so the game doesn't have the replay value of the others. Still worth it though!

Go to: