Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Seasoned player

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 6, 18 5:26 AM
What makes a seasoned player? Is it following a playbook or your own mind?

I hear a seasoned player does this or this. Who decides this? You or someone else?
Where is this invisible playbook?

I guess I feel that I'm free to decide. I don't want someone telling me what I should be. Or do.

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 10:53:24 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Seasoned player

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 10:06 AM
Hi Majestyx12,

There's not really a strict definition of the term "seasoned player," since it's very much a subjective thing. To me, it's something players determine for themselves. If a player can complete a favorite type of game or particular types of puzzles quickly and efficiently, they could certainly consider themselves a seasoned player of that particular genre. If a player has been gaming for years and years and has seen it all, they're also welcome to call themselves a seasoned player.

In short, individuals can apply the term whenever it feels appropriate. People may not always agree on a precise definition, but that's where constructive discussion and sharing of ideas can help out.

At the end of the day, what's most important is whether or not games bring a player enjoyment. Hopefully our players--from seasoned to new and everything inbetween--find lots to enjoy here on the Big Fish Games site. Happy gaming, all!

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 6, 18 10:43 AM
I turn the sparkle way up if I have the option. I like seeing it. I've heard seasoned players don't do this. I've only been playing for eight years? Is that seasoned? I know you said it's what a person decides.

Can I play and finish every puzzle without skipping? No I can't. So I don't call myself a expert. Are most games super easy for me? No. I like them relaxed.

Do I enjoy playing games? Yes. Almost every game. I Love them. I don't see cookie cutter or mediocre yet. I only see what I like and don't like.

Are you a gamer bfgArinelle? Are you super good? Do they make you play games or do you just do it for fun?

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 11:24:57 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Feb 6, 18 11:48 AM
Hey there Majestyx12,

I am indeed a gamer! I've been playing games since I was old enough to hold a controller, so it's been decades now. As for being "super good," that depends a lot on the type of game. For example, I'm absolutely terrible at griddlers. Numbers just aren't my strong suit; visual puzzles are fine, but the minute numbers get involved, my brain turns itself off to go on vacation.

Anyway! As this thread is a bit off-topic and doesn't relate to the game the forum is for, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. I'll be happy to continue our little chat in PMs, if you'd like, and maybe our chat here will inspire conversation for you from other players as well.

Best wishes and happy gaming to all!

bfgArinelle

Go to: