bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 17, 10 1:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Post any Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington technical issues here only

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 20, 10 11:52 AM
Like all of the Agatha Christie games, when we need to place an object, in this case the letters on the board in the police station, they won't stay. I've complained of this problem with the other games, but no one seems to address it with the programmers, or the programmers can't fix it. I'm tired of these problems with the games.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 11:53:18 AM PST

Barbqe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Barbqe on Jun 21, 10 9:20 AM
I know what you are refering to, although after lots of clicking the letters stayed. I am having trouble with Chapter 10. I have 3 candles to put in holder, I have found the candles but they won't stay there.....I'm affraid I am going to wear out my mouse....Any help out there? What am I doing wrong??

Help!! I can't get the last candle in the candleholder, either!

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Jun 21, 10 7:36 PM
I'm having the same problem in Chapter 10 that Barbqe is having. I can't get the last candle to stay in the candleholder.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 21, 10 8:21 PM
YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG. The problem is the game itself, actually all the Agatha Christie games seem to have this issue. I don't know why BFG doesn't get to the programmers and let them know all the problems of keeping items in place. The have such good games to buy, but why buy them when you will never be able to finish?

Hopefully someone from BFG will read our comments and take care of this problem.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 22, 10 4:24 AM
To "brookings" & "barbqe"--Don't know if this is a spoiler or not. Be very accurate w/placing the letters on the board, almost to the exact pixel. And each of the candles needs to be put in its exact holder in the two candlelabra. I was frustrated for awhile too, but eventually things worked out. Good luck, it's a great game.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 22, 10 1:32 PM
Thanks for the tip ELLDEE, I did try again and got all but the "H" to stay. I tried so hard to line it up perfectly. even guiding the mouse with 2 hands, but to no avail. It shouldn't be to difficult to get things to stay. I just loved Dead Man's Folly, but the same thing happend in chapter 9, couldn't get past chapter 9. I just love these games, it doesn't have to be so difficult to things to stay. Other programmers seem to be able to be able to avoid such frustation. Hopefully, BFG will get back to us with our concerns.

[Post New]by oodielou on Jun 22, 10 5:38 PM
I was playing Chapter 10 and closed out of it. When I started again, the game took me to the beginning-asking for my name, etc. I tried restarting the game, but it took me to the very beginning again. Any ideas?

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jun 23, 10 1:53 PM
When I go to the map and I am told to click on the highlighted area that indicates where the next play will be, there is no highlighted area to click on and the map names are so small i need a magnifying glass in order to see the names. What a disappointment this is.. what is wrong.

[Post New]by andrea_wood1 on Jun 28, 10 8:15 PM
Hi,

The game has been playing along just fine, but now I am on Chapter 11 and after finding the hidden objects at the different locals, there is a matching squares game, as soon as I make a match it crashes, when restarted the game it begins at chapter11 and the process is repeated.

Andrea

Help!! I can't get the last candle in the candleholder, either!

[Post New]by wbowen28 on Jul 5, 10 4:43 PM
Valentinos_Mom wrote:I'm having the same problem in Chapter 10 that Barbqe is having. I can't get the last candle to stay in the candleholder.

Same thing here...have all the items except the last candle...it won't stay in place!! This stinks!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 4:44:39 PM PST

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jul 7, 10 3:52 PM
I'm in chapter 7. I'm supposed to go to the highlighted area "The Park" however, I can't get it to light up. I assume they mean Hyde Park which is on the map. why won't it light up? Any ideas?

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jul 7, 10 3:53 PM
I'm in chapter 7. I'm supposed to go to the highlighted area "The Park" however, I can't get it to light up. I assume they mean Hyde Park which is on the map. why won't it light up? Any ideas?

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jul 8, 10 7:46 PM
I finally got the park to light up. It wasn't Hyde Park. Got things moving now.

goldie23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

STUCK IN POLICE STAT'N

[Post New]by goldie23 on Jul 9, 10 4:29 AM
LETTER...H.... WILL NOT STAY ON BOARD,AS DID THE OTHER LATTERS A - G. FRUSTRATING. HELP PLEASE ANYONE, THANKS GOLDIE23

[Post New]by familyfreak on Jul 9, 10 7:59 PM
I'm in # 10 also and cannot get the candles to stick either, I've tried them in each spot and they don't work. You said to post here, I have , now how long do I have to wait until I get help? I pay you for these games I hold you responsible.

act1805
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by act1805 on Jul 15, 10 6:00 PM
When game is trying to load Chapter 7, I get an access violation error. Didn't have this issue until I reached this chapter. I've tried everything to fix it.

Bowlers2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Bowlers2 on Jul 21, 10 1:39 AM
I see a lot of people are having trouble with the Police Station segment. i.e. Letters not sticking to board,does not matter how often tou click the letter it won,t stay there. Is there a problem with this game?

[Post New]by rustinator on Jul 21, 10 4:56 AM
I just started to play, on chapter 1. I got thru the first 12 objects and cannot click on the next stop, which is hyde park. Nothing is highlighted to click on. I did try to start again under another name and the same thing happened. I bought this on the dd, but to pay to find 12 objects is ridiculous. Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by spuntwine on Jul 24, 10 12:02 PM
Same problem as many others. I finally quit, because I couldn't get H to stick. You have multiple complaints about this. What is the problem

Go to: