siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Terrific Update...but is there a glitch?

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 7, 18 1:57 AM
What a great update. The developers are so very clever.

After the initial download I played for a while then I logged off. Now, each time I log into the game another download window appears that only goes to 1/2. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I made it to Level 84 and the end of content so am wondering if perhaps the other 1/2 will load some time later?

Just want to make sure this is not a glitch in my game.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Siber

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 8:59:06 AM PST

intergran
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Terrific Update...but I have a question.

[Post New]by intergran on Feb 7, 18 2:15 AM
hello babe, I have the same problem unable to progress any further been in and out of the game for a couple of hours now but just downloads 1/2 of first update. annoying isn't it. why do we always get probs when new content is added. grrrrr

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

Re:Terrific Update...but I have a question.

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Feb 7, 18 4:55 AM
Hi siberlene

I think cbtx first mentioned this in the thread 'The Games afoot' It happens in my game too....possibly a glitch?

Re:Terrific Update...but is there a glitch?

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Feb 7, 18 11:46 AM
What platform you are playing on? I play on PC and have not have download problems so far.
Good luck to everyone!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 7, 18 12:55 PM
Hufflepuff wrote:What platform you are playing on? I play on PC and have not have download problems so far.
Good luck to everyone!

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm playing on PC. The update downloaded just fine and I managed to get to the end of the current content at Level 84. I think. The thing is, whenever I open the game I get a download window that only downloads 1/2 of whatever it is.

Although I'm finished (I think) the blue key quests have not returned. Maybe that's the other 1/2 of the download that's not downloading? Maybe at reset time today it'll finish downloading. If not, then I'll report it to the PC problems thread.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Feb 7, 18 1:10 PM
I have it too, on my PC just a very quick download, every time I go in, I also notice there are no side quests after you have finished the Characters tasks

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Feb 7, 18 1:14 PM
Same experience! No side quests and downloading window without any progress.

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 1:15:16 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 7, 18 1:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to swim by real fast to discuss this portion of the game that is showing a download is occurring, but one never appears. I also want to discuss the issue about some of the Destiny Key side quests not appearing for some of our players after the update. Thank you for your patience while we looked into these reports and provided the information necessary to the appropriate teams.

After looking further into that download window that appears for players but doesn't seem to download any data, it sounds like the download window is currently showing an inaccurate figure about what is being downloaded. This display error may appear that downloaded data is missing but should disappear shortly after being shown as there isn't more to download. The right teams are looking into why this occurred and are hoping to resolve it as soon as they are able to do so, that way there isn't any further confusion about whether an update was successfully applied.

It also appears there is an issue in the latest update that affects some players and some side quests for Destiny Keys, which has resulted in those side questions not showing up properly. This is being investigated and we hope to have that resolved as soon as we can so that players can continue to collect those keys after reaching the end of what is currently available in the main quest. Thank you all for your patience while the right teams investigate what might be happening there.

While this thread seems to be discussing some technical issues being looked into, I wanted to leave this unlocked so that players could continue discussing the recent update with one another as there isn't an announcement yet for them and some players may not know what is available or has changed. If you'd like to discuss those specific two issues or report any new or other issues with the game, don't hesitate to do so in the appropriate thread for that purpose below:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 1:34:48 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 7, 18 1:33 PM
I also want to note that moderators haven't yet announced the changes included in the update that some players are playing now. This is so that they can be looked further into before being made available fully. This will also allow us to make the announcements so that players can know it is available for all of our players. Thank you all for taking the time to give us information about this, as well as your understanding regarding what is happening.

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let me or any of our active Moderators know via PM. We're all happy to listen and help out as best as we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 1:35:25 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 7, 18 4:01 PM
I received the download on iOS about 15 minutes ago & now I'm getting the second screen showing another download of zero.I took a screenshot.

[Post New]by trixiebellekitty on Feb 7, 18 5:11 PM
The update on my Android is different, the castle is burning & in ruins, done by the ghostly messenger.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Feb 7, 18 7:44 PM
To all of you who did not get the second download---
I was at level 82 when the update arrived. Got all the stuff about the ghostly messenger turning the Castle into a disaster zone, like from an earthquake with fire beneath----Then a 2nd update real quick download that brought the new Castle Challenge

So I`m wondering --- because I don`t believe anyone in this thread has mentioned--- did you all receive the new Castle Challenge

Best of luck to all of you getting all the updates downloaded

datsalotta

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 7, 18 7:59 PM
Well, I suppose there has been a partial fix in my game. The characters that required tasks are back (some didn't need help), and the Castle Challenge is in place.

However, I still get the "download in progress" window. This time it shows 0/1 downloads, then the bar fills only up maybe 10% when the download message flashes 100%, then enters the game. I'm guessing all is working okay but the download window does take some time before I'm able to play. I exited the game and re-entered 4 times and even rebooted my computer before the 5th try but the "download in progress" window still pops up.

Siber

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on Feb 7, 18 9:00 PM
I have an additional glitch since yesterday after the patch.

(1) Feeding Pets, (2) Treasure Chest in Private Room, (3) Slot Machine in Tirina's Room and (4) Fortune Wheel are not refreshing, i.e. they are all showing maximum refresh time every time I log on (e.g. 23 hrs 59 mins for the Slot Machine and Fortune Wheel).

I did not dare try to do any of the HOS in case they are always at 59mins when I log on as well.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edited on 02/07/2018 at 9:02:39 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 7, 18 9:32 PM
siberlene wrote:Well, I suppose there has been a partial fix in my game. The characters that required tasks are back (some didn't need help), and the Castle Challenge is in place.

However, I still get the "download in progress" window. This time it shows 0/1 downloads, then the bar fills only up maybe 10% when the download message flashes 100%, then enters the game. I'm guessing all is working okay but the download window does take some time before I'm able to play. I exited the game and re-entered 4 times and even rebooted my computer before the 5th try but the "download in progress" window still pops up.

Siber

Exactly what I am experiencing ---- and it takes a lot longer than the 2 items yesterday.

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Feb 7, 18 9:32 PM
The only weird thing I've seen since this last update (Feb 6) is that when the game restarted the armored bear in the tavern had lost his head. I have exited the game twice since then and still no head on the bear. Not sure if it is worth contacting Customer Support at this time.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Feb 8, 18 11:15 AM
cbtx wrote:
siberlene wrote:Well, I suppose there has been a partial fix in my game. The characters that required tasks are back (some didn't need help), and the Castle Challenge is in place.

Siber

Exactly what I am experiencing ---- and it takes a lot longer than the 2 items yesterday.

I am glad I am not the only one, I submitted a ticket , I keep getting a download content every time I log in.
MaryCricket

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Feb 8, 18 11:27 AM
I have been getting the download thing too when I log on, but everything else is normal I have the blue key characters, the CC, and the refresh is fine too. I thought maybe we were getting mini downloads in prep for the Spring Event....I am on a PC...

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 8, 18 11:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base with everyone about the errors being reported in this thread.

As bfgIlinalta said in their post, the "second" download screen doesn't mean that there's missing content that still needs to be downloaded. Most players should be able to access the game after a brief delay. The teams behind the game are working hard to find a solution, but it's possible one won't be available for a bit. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and sincerely thank you for your patience with us as we seek a fix.

If your game can't be accessed due to this error, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They can use their tools to investigate the matter more thoroughly, and they'll be able to supply the developers with this information, too.

I'd also suggest that you contact our Support Team, Necromage. They'll also be able to provide you with assistance.

Before paddling off into waters unexplored, I'd like to ask that any new posts about technical issues within Midnight Castle be posted to the thread below:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

This will help the teams behind the game locate technical reports in one location. Thanks for your help with this, too. If there are any remaining questions, please PM me or another moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 15, 18 1:27 AM
Thank you Developers and the Big Fish team for fixing this problem in such a timely manner. Your dedication to the game and the players is very much appreciated.

Go to: