bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Miami - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 7, 18 3:55 PM
Howdy There,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help out, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Miami. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Miami posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Miami - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 8, 18 12:01 PM
Existing Miami threads:

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 11, 18 6:28 PM
Help for level 80 without using boosts?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 11, 18 7:48 PM
I think with that one, its more luck the way the gummies fall rather than anything else. Just tried it on tier 2, took a few lots of extra moves but did it without a boost, but the extra moves cost of course so same thing. Don't think there is any specific trick to it, just keep smashing the ice blocks as best you can and make the best moves possible.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 11, 18 7:56 PM
Yes Jules, pure luck on that one. I could have done it several times using extra moves but was in a particularly Scottish frame of mind so I think it was nine lives before it all just fell apart with no effort! I’m not in any hurry to finish Miami so don’t mind taking extra time at present! I have noticed that there have been a few rather more difficult levels in this city so far so I wonder what others think of it?

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 7:57:20 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 11, 18 8:54 PM
I don't know about them being any harder than the hard ones in any city. I guess we can't expect everything to be easy, and if it were, there would be no challenge at all. I also am in no hurry and am only a few levels ahead, I am doing all the side path levels, hoping that there will be another marathon as there is no Beijing on the horizon yet, so keeping it freed up for a marathon. I like the unlimited lives as I am really trying to get through Melbourne 100% and any unlimited lives really go towards getting those difficult tier 2 and 3 levels out now.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 12, 18 10:07 AM
I got lucky on level 80, but needed 5 extra moves to finish 82. I tried at least 15 times without using a boost.

[Post New]by gummyguy on Feb 12, 18 3:35 PM
Level 120... awful.
I literally had 40 'no match... shuffling.
This... is not called fun.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 13, 18 6:44 AM
Oh boy, something to look forward to.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 14, 18 11:24 PM
I must have been lucky with level 120 as I got it with only the use of 2 shovels which I already had.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 15, 18 7:03 AM
That is what makes GD great. I was dreading 120, but last night I finished on my first attempt at intern, no boosts and no reshuffling, not even one time. I should buy
a lottery ticket today!!

Edited on 02/15/2018 at 7:03:59 AM PST

[Post New]by debbiejmc on Feb 15, 18 7:49 AM
any help with level 58

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 15, 18 10:05 AM
Level 58 is a monster! You have to make several and try and match them to line crushes of the colours in the top row to clear the fences. I just tried level 2 and despite making several the best I could do left me with still 11 blocks to clear! I can’t remember how I managed level 1 but I guess it was using boosts and extra time! Good luck!

The age old remedy worked! I just went back and tried once more - got a line crush to shoot up the very middle and that took out the centre of the top line and from there it was easy to clear out he restby making matches against the “fences” to clear them.

Edited on 02/15/2018 at 10:21:22 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 16, 18 6:56 AM
snowmanvt wrote:I got lucky on level 80, but needed 5 extra moves to finish 82. I tried at least 15 times without using a boost.

I'm stuck on 82. Not sure that boosts other than extra moves would even help. I can see how it might be managed without boosts but it's going to take a LOT of luck.

Hmm, I have a lot of shuffles. Next time I manage to make a couple of I'll try shuffling in hopes that one ends up next to paper.

Edit: shuffle didn't put the in either of the small areas. One of my way too many tries got me really close, and I managed with one set of extra moves and one shovel.

Edited on 02/16/2018 at 9:36:51 AM PST

[Post New]by susiesaucepan on Feb 16, 18 9:35 AM
I'm trying to complete the second level of 66, but ive cleared the sand at the beginning, and on 3 attempts with 2 extra goes each game, still not enough blues appeared in the game to complete, unless i just spent endlessly on extra turns it seems like a difficult one to complete.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 18, 18 8:57 PM
re: level 120, I have no idea why gummyguy had that experience with it. I hate to say this, but I got it out first time, no boosts, no reshuffles at all, no extra moves, in fact, had a few to spare. Gummyguy, you must have just fluked a really REALLY bad layout that kept getting worse as it should not have played out like that, but if its any consolation, we all have bad shots sometimes, there are often ones that seem impossible and then on the next try, it all just falls into place, that happens to all of us. I hope you got through 120 eventually. Now just waiting on the Beijing update, hope it happens soon and has some fixes for the game.

Go to: