23 Help friends 3 times
24 Collect 3000 coins in 4 hours
25 Craft 30 items
26 Collect 70 morphing objects in 1 hour
27 Complete 3 parts of Daily Quests
28 Use 50 items in zoom zones in 24 hours
29 Collect 40 airship items from hidden object scenes
30 Get 3 Rare Stamps

reward: Pharaoh avatar (or any other CC avatar you don't already own, make sure you choose avatar before starting the last task)

Edited on 02/19/2018 at 8:44:51 PM PST

fedakski
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:12th Castle Challenge

[Post New]by fedakski on Feb 7, 18 4:11 PM

Thanks, as always Tirama Sue!

Barb

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 7, 18 4:18 PM
Thank you TiramaSue

I see we have a choice of the third avatar.A gentle reminder that on the last Castle Challenge we had to set our choice BEFORE we claimed the reward.(just mentioning it)

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 7, 18 4:28 PM
Good news:

only 2 dice tasks
only 1 fortune wheel task
only 2 airship tasks

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Feb 7, 18 4:52 PM
All,

This one's easy on a lot of the less popular tasks (dice game, Airships), but hard on those of us who hate opening ZZs in vain! Hopefully Trina and the DQs will cooperate to sweeten the deal.

Still, this is one set of avatars I HAVE to have. I love archaeology, and Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my top five movies of all time. So, ZZs it is!

Astra

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 7, 18 5:37 PM
Thanks a lot TSue

9+30+10+50+50 items/ZZ ... and I was worried that my inventory might be too depleted for the next CC ... now I know it is a serious problem!

Not sure I'll take part this time, but already good luck to everyone! Have fun!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 7, 18 11:59 PM
Once more my profound thanks for your noble post!!!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Feb 8, 18 1:36 AM
I really like this batch of avatars! I was planning to use the next CC to earn Merlin, but I need that King Tut so I'll have to wait for the next one ...

I love CCs regardless of the prize because I like having goals to work toward in the Castle. I'm glad they seem to be a regular, frequent thing now. They'll have to give us a better way to organize avatars soon, though -- scrolling through them takes forever!

Patm49
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Patm49 on Feb 8, 18 3:09 AM
Thank You Tirama Sue for all your hard work. You save me a lot of work in providing these Castle Challenge lists. You are a Great Person!

Pat

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Feb 8, 18 6:50 AM
Thank you Tirama Sue. I appreciate it !!

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Feb 8, 18 8:20 AM
Thanks for the info, T! Helps me decide. This does seem to be burning up a lot of inventory, but I'll probably do it. Like someone else, I like to have a goal to try to achieve. Keeps me motivated. And I like the Pharaoh! ShaSha

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Feb 8, 18 8:26 AM
I enjoy playing the Castle Challenges, even if I don't love every avatar. I've earned them all and now that I've got a streak going, I want these in my collection, too.

Thank you, TiramaSue, for doing this every time we have one of these challenges. It's really helpful to have the information so easily available.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Feb 8, 18 8:35 AM
This one will cost tons of airship items! Since I have got the avatar achievement I did not want to play another CC costing so much and only give more avatars but I am unable to resist a challenge! I need something to strive for since the new contents always are done in a few hours.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 8, 18 9:07 AM
Hufflepuff wrote:This one will cost tons of airship items!

Not anymore airship items then many of the other CC's.

If it bothers anyone, they can play the DQ's that require sending airships and make it count toward something. Even if it takes a couple days or more to complete the task. Subsequent tasks are easy and you will be able to catch up quickly by doing several of the tasks in the same day.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Feb 8, 18 9:28 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:Thank you TiramaSue

I see we have a choice of the third avatar.A gentle reminder that on the last Castle Challenge we had to set our choice BEFORE we claimed the reward.(just mentioning it)

Do not forget to click the Check Mark to make the chosen one stay in place .

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Feb 8, 18 12:00 PM
Wow, this one is going to be very difficult for anyone who doesn't have a lot of inventory. Like me. I'm reasonably certain I can't open even 50 zoom zones on the inventory I have, let alone 120+

And because I am working 10-12 hour days at the moment, I am going home exausted with no time to do the rounds to get the inventory.

Oh well, I will go for it as usual. I never admit defeat without even trying.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 8, 18 12:35 PM
WeeSam wrote:Wow, this one is going to be very difficult for anyone who doesn't have a lot of inventory. Like me. I'm reasonably certain I can't open even 50 zoom zones on the inventory I have, let alone 120+

And because I am working 10-12 hour days at the moment, I am going home exausted with no time to do the rounds to get the inventory.

The CC doesn't ask for you to open 120 ZZ's. There is a difference between...

Task 3: Open 9 ZZ's
Task 9: Use 30 items in ZZ's
Task 10: Open 10 ZZ's (in 30 minutes)
Task 20: Use 50 items in ZZ's
Task 28: Use 50 items in ZZ's (in 24 hours)

You have almost 3 weeks to get the last ZZ task done. You can play puzzles for diamonds to buy ZZ items or play for the ZZ items to help. This is in addition to playing the HOS's as often as you are able.

To make the most of it if your low on inventory...

For tasks 3 and 10 open the ZZ's that take the least amount of items (between 1 or 2 items).

For tasks 9, 20, and 28 open the ZZ's that take the MOST items (between 3 or 4 items).

After each task play the HOS's and puzzles to earn the inventory for the next ZZ task.

If you plan well you could be only opening ZZ's 62 times or less if you have some that take 4 items (or 6 like the Bow Figurine).

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 12:37:57 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 8, 18 12:45 PM
What silver_hawk said.

In addition, players who have a limited amount of time to play HOS should concentrate their efforts to 1 or 2 areas of the map to maximize their chances of getting all the components needed to open a zoom zone.

I like to play Atlantis, Fairy Forest, the East, and the Harbor. Every inventory item that comes out of those HOS is used to open a zoom zone. And those ZZ's only require 2 or 3 items to open.

jack_tar
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by jack_tar on Feb 8, 18 2:46 PM
In preparation for the ZZ's I've been doing the character key quests that require a ZZ but not going to the character once I have all the items so that I will be able to use these ZZ's as & when required by the CC & also get the character bonus. its a no brainer.

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Feb 8, 18 10:21 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
WeeSam wrote:Wow, this one is going to be very difficult for anyone who doesn't have a lot of inventory. Like me. I'm reasonably certain I can't open even 50 zoom zones on the inventory I have, let alone 120+

The CC doesn't ask for you to open 120 ZZ's. There is a difference between...

Task 3: Open 9 ZZ's
Task 9: Use 30 items in ZZ's
Task 10: Open 10 ZZ's (in 30 minutes)
Task 20: Use 50 items in ZZ's
Task 28: Use 50 items in ZZ's (in 24 hours)

You are correct, it doesn't ask for 120 ZZ's to be opened. But it does require at minimum 149 items. With inventory I currently have, I could open maybe 10 ZZ's. And I simply don't have the time to spend gaining more inventory. Work-Eat-Sleep is all I will be doing for the next month. Roll on March when the craziness subsides.

I have over 10,000 diamonds, so I know if worse comes to worse I can just purchase items to use. But I don't like doing it that way.

I am not complaining. I believe the challenges should be challenging, or what is the point? I will most likely complete it. But it won't be easy.

Go to: