new CC ---- greediest yet

 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 7, 18 9:39 PM
-way too many airships
-much too much pet food
-good grief!!!!

 

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Feb 7, 18 10:21 PM
I for one am not doing the CC simply because I do not need or want any more AVATARS . Now , if it was something I could use like coins , diamonds , crafted items , eggs, stamps , or bundles of HOS items other than shards I might be inclined to play .

Edited to add and correct

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 9:24:25 AM PST


 
Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Feb 7, 18 11:38 PM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:I for one am not doing the CC simply because I do not need or want any more AVATARS . Now if it wad something I could use like coins , diamonds , crafted items , eggs, or bundles of HOS items other than shards I might be inclined to play .


I finally read through each day's request and I agree 100% with sitting this one out. After the punishing crafting that we all did recently <and I had NO idea that I had 90% of the components for each crafted item...who checks?>, I am not inclined to craft 60 more! And as cbtx said way too greedy with the airship items.

I'm looking forward to using my spring girl watering flowers in a few weeks.


 
gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 8, 18 12:11 AM
Think I'll give this one a miss this time . Apart from the reasons mentioned, it's way too time consuming .

 
playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 8, 18 4:18 AM
Really it is about the same level of difficulty as the previous ones.
IMHO
But there is a bias in favour of the Level 84 inventory rich players.
On the other hand most of these players (like myself) are being continually starved of airship inventory as we try to complete the DQ Achievements.
I know of one player however who does NOT do the DQs and she has THOUSANDS of these little critters in her inventory!
So the moral is?
(Discuss)!

 
efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by efi24 on Feb 8, 18 5:59 AM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:I for one am not doing the CC simply because I do not need or want any more AVATARS . Now if it wad something I could use like coins , diamonds , crafted items , eggs, or bundles of HOS items other than shards I might be inclined to play .


Add stamps to the mix and I back you 100% on this. I think this is a lot of work for just more avatars. I've had to restart my game a while ago, never thought stamps will become one of the biggest obstacles to advance, with all the changes they've made since the game first came out. Even plain stamps, need hundreds of those all the time, very hard to keep up. No way I can afford to craft extras just for coins.
I do like that they offer us the option to get some of the old avatars we didn't get in previous cc now, but yeah, I agree there should be a better reward, if not rewardSsss, to doing all this. Although I do it anyway, just for fun I guess, and since I hate not doing tasks I get lol For me the using 30 hints is the most annoying, will take me 2-3 days before I move on from that

 
gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 8, 18 6:39 AM
Sitting this one out as well in all of my games.... The artwork for the avatars is fine, but I'm waiting for something that jumps out at me and I feel I MUST have it... Like the roaring MG lion head... the smoke blowing skeleton dragon... the new eagle head that blows fire.. something that makes you say WOW... These don't do that for me...

 
AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 8, 18 7:13 AM
playingthegame wrote:Really it is about the same level of difficulty as the previous ones.
IMHO
But there is a bias in favour of the Level 84 inventory rich players.
On the other hand most of these players (like myself) are being continually starved of airship inventory as we try to complete the DQ Achievements.
I know of one player however who does NOT do the DQs and she has THOUSANDS of these little critters in her inventory!
So the moral is?
(Discuss)!


Just my opinion:
Could it be that this player prefers to gift airship items to friends rather than send them to an unknown destination to be hoarded by some unknown airship ogre.

Maybe she has her eye on "Magic Miser" achievement & in a moment of madness will commit what is probably the ultimate sin in this game & disenchant the lot!!
I'm sure,if it was possible this player would gift you everyone of her airship items.

Maybe this player just refuses to get on the DQ treadmill for health reasons i.e.continually stressed & dreading which DQ will appear next.Or being disappointed at not being able to complete a CC through lack of airship items.
A few sayings come to mind,...Each to his own.....Whatever float your boat...Or its all about the choices you make....

Of course if the castle is going to get totally flattened she will have the items to get on the last airship leaving the castle ha ha ha

 

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Feb 8, 18 12:01 PM
I totally agree with all of ,you but I am not sure if I am able to resist.

 
Emmzy500
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Emmzy500 on Feb 8, 18 12:10 PM
The avatars are okay but the fact you can change the last avatar is what is making me go for it! Way to many pet tasks though I agree there, and they are so close to each other! I just hope I can do it

 
playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 8, 18 2:33 PM
I have just gone through my "wardrobe" and I will have 89 of the 91 possible avatars at the end of this Challenge!
Is it any wonder that I have "nothing to wear"?
So I just keep my faithful Frog Witch displayed

 
Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Luckypool on Feb 9, 18 7:46 AM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:I for one am not doing the CC simply because I do not need or want any more AVATARS . Now , if it was something I could use like coins , diamonds , crafted items , eggs, stamps , or bundles of HOS items other than shards I might be inclined to play .

I've only got past the first one, the 30 hints! If they want me to donate pet food, well that just isn't happening!! My cheeky monkey is always hungry and I'm putting him first, and the cute little white hopping tiger!
I have so much else to do within the Castle as I'm always out of airship stuff and stamps, not to mention the pet food - I think I'll give it a miss.

 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 9, 18 10:26 AM
I was absolutely stunned when I saw the quantity of ZZ visits in this CC! 9 ZZs, then 30 ZZ items, then 10 more ZZs, then 50 more items, then another 50 items!!! That's a MIMIMUM of 149 ZZ items!
Plus crafting 60 items?!?
Wow!
I love the CCs & have never sat one out, although I didn't finish the last part of last summer's that gave the gingerbread bunny. That avatar wasn't (& still isn't) worth the expense to me.
I really love the Pharoh avatar & intend to do my best, but ouch!!! This one is going to hurt!

 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 9, 18 10:42 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:
playingthegame wrote:
But there is a bias in favour of the Level 84 inventory rich players.
Agreed

I know of one player however who does NOT do the DQs and she has THOUSANDS of these little critters in her inventory!

Are you referring to me, sir?
Just my opinion:
Could it be that this player prefers to gift airship items to friends rather than send them to an unknown destination to be hoarded by some unknown airship ogre.
Quite true.
Maybe she has her eye on "Magic Miser" achievement & in a moment of madness will commit what is probably the ultimate sin in this game & disenchant the lot!!
[Gasp] Never!!!

I'm sure,if it was possible this player would gift you everyone of her airship items.
Absolutely!

Maybe this player just refuses to get on the DQ treadmill for health reasons i.e.continually stressed & dreading which DQ will appear next.
Partly
Or being disappointed at not being able to complete a CC through lack of airship items.
A definite consideration.
Of course if the castle is going to get totally flattened she will have the items to get on the last airship leaving the castle ha ha ha

 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 9, 18 11:56 AM
You're welcome, Pearl!
I was wondering if that's what you meant by "noCC".
I understand - it's a rough one.

 

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Feb 10, 18 4:48 PM
You all are welcome! I am not happy with this CC and not sure at all if I will continue playing it but I so much need to have an achievement possible to reach not needing years!

 
NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 11, 18 4:38 PM
I have stubbornly sat out the last few CCs because of all the aforementioned. I will never NEED another avatar, and few of the new ones have been have to haves. I have tons of avatars I will never use. I like to change them around a bit, but for seasonal reasons, other than that, I could just as well stick with one. However, I fell in love with the pretty little Match Girl with the floaty hair, a CC it would have been impossible for me to ever catch up on. So, I do not need a Pharoah, but I love the new option BFG has given us to choose our final avatar. THANKS BFG! So, no matter how painful and inventory depleting, I'm in for this one.

 
1457051
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by 1457051 on Feb 11, 18 10:14 PM
Lacking anything else different to do, leveled out at top ( as I'm sure most are, here)
I guess I'm doing it. Just for fun, and tired of the Key Quests and DQ's that are the same over and over again.
And for all that it asks, look at the coins the pets give! So it's not a bad thing all around.
It's called a challenge for a reason. It's not supposed to be easy-peasy. Some simple, some a bit frustrating.

Going back under my snow pile now

 
Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Feb 11, 18 10:23 PM
I have played every CC and have every avatar possible but I am seriously considering sitting this one out. I find that the cost of this CC may just not be worth it. Continuing to do it while I decide (lol).

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:new CC ---- greediest yet

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 12, 18 2:08 PM
Dbingamen wrote:I have played every CC and have every avatar possible but I am seriously considering sitting this one out. I find that the cost of this CC may just not be worth it. Continuing to do it while I decide (lol).
And....by the time you decide, you will look back and see you have gone more than half way and then figure, why not just continue to the end?

 
 
 
 
Go to: