phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Give us a break

[Post New]by phisherman on Feb 8, 18 12:31 PM
Will someone out there please give us a break. Have the words new and fresh completely out of the vocabulary of game developers anymore. These sequels are getting so boring and out of control. Retreading the same games over and over and over is getting frustrating. We have some games that are now on their 8th, 9th, and 10th retread. Please some relief.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Give us a break

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 8, 18 12:47 PM
I agree with you a 100% Phisherman!! I cannot even make myself buy most of the CE's on sale anymore!

Developers Please! Big Fish Games Please!

Give us some FRESH games that make computer gaming fun again!!

Abs

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 5:49:49 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 8, 18 1:42 PM
MissAbby wrote:I agree with you a 100% Phisherman!! I cannot even buy most of the CE's on sale anymore!

Developers Please! Big Fish Games Please!

Give us some FRESH games that make computer gaming fun again!!

Abs

I disagree with you missabby. I think BFG has the best games out there.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Feb 8, 18 5:58 PM
I agree with Majestyx12, and other game sites are usually way behind BFG games for coming out with new games. Although they might have some good ones that BFG doesn't, they don't seem to have as many new ones, and I get charged state sales tax on their sites, but not so far on BFG.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 8, 18 6:37 PM
I don't agree or disagree with anyone, because it's not a contest, and that's not why I post here!

In my opinion New Games does not equal GOOD Games! Just sayin'

Abs

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Feb 8, 18 8:44 PM
It's all about the quality of the games coming out, not the quantity~

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 8, 18 11:03 PM
cathybobcat wrote:It's all about the quality of the games coming out, not the quantity~

Your so right Cathybobcat. You hit the nail on it's head. Quality.

Edited on 02/10/2018 at 11:45:34 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Feb 8, 18 11:31 PM
But come to think about it. How would I feel if I had to wait longer for new ones? If they are all excellent I guess I could wait. Now for Hops, don't they only have two a week?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Give us a break

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 9, 18 12:13 AM
Getting back to Phisherman's original post...

phisherman wrote:Will someone out there please give us a break. Have the words new and fresh completely out of the vocabulary of game developers anymore. These sequels are getting so boring and out of control. Retreading the same games over and over and over is getting frustrating. We have some games that are now on their 8th, 9th, and 10th retread. Please some relief.

Fresh plots, new graphics, originality and giving the gamer back some control as well as the chance to use our intelligence are what most of us crave!

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Feb 9, 18 3:49 PM
I have noticed that some games are just reruns. Some that I was so happy to see and then disappointed when I play. The latest Puppet Show looked like something they found on the basement floor that was rejected 10years ago. I bought almost all the previous ones. Glad I tried sample. Several other series are getting weaker and less innovative. I do buy games I enjoy and play over and over. Looks like I need to fall back on my inventory until great minds return to produce some new and special ones.
TOAD

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Give us a break

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 9, 18 10:20 PM
MissAbby wrote:Getting back to Phisherman's original post...

phisherman wrote:Will someone out there please give us a break. Have the words new and fresh completely out of the vocabulary of game developers anymore. These sequels are getting so boring and out of control. Retreading the same games over and over and over is getting frustrating. We have some games that are now on their 8th, 9th, and 10th retread. Please some relief.

Fresh plots, new graphics, originality and giving the gamer back some control as well as the chance to use our intelligence are what most of us crave!

Completely agree ---- those sequels are stale, cookie-cutter, and completely uninteresting. They have taken the challenge level down to less than zero, and the stories are simply retreads of what has been done over and over before. Many seasoned gamers have long ago given up on these repetitious concepts and even some newbies are seeing the redundancy of these "series" of games.

When the grandkids are chuckling at the simplicity of these titles (whether on their iPad/Android or doing a trial with me for a moment), it's pretty bad ---- they call the recent HOPAs "Grandma games"! We thoroughly enjoy gaming as a wonderful family activity , and we play so many games from BF ---- just not the overly simple HOPAs we are seeing lately. "Midnight Castle", for example, is played by all of us what with the gifting and friendly competition. Such a great game for all.

So back to originality and fresh concepts that just every now and then require the old thinking cap, please.

Edited on 02/10/2018 at 11:19:46 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 10, 18 3:18 AM
BF has some games that you will never see on other sites. And, there are some games that never show up here. But with games that are on multiple sites, the time lag can vary, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on several factors. (agreements with various developers, demographic goals, etc.) So some show up here first, others somewhere else.
I do think that day in and day out BF has the best selection of games, be it PC, iPad, or Android.

But the bottom line is that BF has far and away the best customer service you can find ---- bar none.

Edited on 02/10/2018 at 10:27:51 AM PST

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Feb 13, 18 11:08 PM
This game is very buggy and there is no help for those affected. I posted twice in this forum - once under tech support and once in the mail lst - detailing a problem with one of the puzzles. I finally had to skip the puzzle which totally ruined the game for me. Regardless of graphics, story, etc - if there is no support then the game is a big FAIL

Go to: