Dragon Olympics

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 8, 18 6:34 PM
The dragons are all flying to South Korea to participate in the Olympics.

Bolt is already there and taking a test run down the ski jump. He begins in great form and flies down the slope! He launches himself into the air and sails through the air...and sails...and sails! Hey Bolt! You are supposed to land, not flap your wings and take off for wherever you think you are going! Come back!

Looks like he spotted an ice cream truck while in the air. I hope no one else wanted any ice cream. Maybe we should bring in some more ice cream trucks.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:Dragon Olympics

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 9, 18 6:04 AM

(sorry I am not participating (health issues) but it's always fun to read!! I hope the Dragonlympics will be fun and a lot of participants will join (after all, now everyone can have some athletic (or not) dragons!! ).

Good luck to Bolt ... and all the others of course!!

(do you have on your side of the world an ice cream called "Jamaica"? Vanilla, raisins and ... rum of course!! Yum!!!)

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 9, 18 4:04 PM
Sorry to put my two cents in...I don't check in very often these days.

Must have been some kind of sixth sense that sent me right to Theorem's post about Jamaica ice cream...vanilla, raisins and rum. OMG are you kidding me? I would absolutely love that! I'm going to look it up to see if it's available here.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 10, 18 7:59 AM
Theorem...Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope you get better soon.

I have not heard of that ice cream, but I will look for it.

Not many of the old group are playing any more. Thought I'd try to start something to see if anyone is still checking in.

All are welcome to participate. What is your favorite ice cream?

My favorite is peppermint. Can only get it around Christmas time.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 11, 18 7:01 PM
Somebody told me that Haagen Dazs has a rum raisin ice cream. Might have to make a store run tomorrow!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 12, 18 5:31 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Somebody told me that Haagen Dazs has a rum raisin ice cream. Might have to make a store run tomorrow!

See? If you had a dragon, you would have sent them to the store instead. Of course, if the dragon is anything like Draghi, the delivery of the goods would be uncertain.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 13, 18 12:37 PM
LOL, don't think I'd trust any dragon with a store run for the most indulgent of all ice creams. 🍨

Then again, not sure the Winter Olympics suits a dragon's fiery nature. 🔥 Perhaps the Summer Olympics would provide a more appropriate venue for Bolt's "burning" personality. 🐲 LOL

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 13, 18 4:47 PM
Did everyone enjoy the opening ceremonies? What they said were drones lighting up the sky were actually all our dragons creating on a fabulous light show!

What events do you like to watch? My favorites are all the figure skating and speed skating. I was watching the ski jumps and thought they were all crazy! I find curling fascinating even though I do not really understand it.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 13, 18 8:51 PM
Love curling, love the speed skating and ski jump. The speed skating is awesome, I just don't know how in the world they can go around in a circle that many times that fast.

Found myself really getting into the snowboarding but for some reason I can't watch the ice skating. Saw some of the pairs ice skating, but it makes me so nervous they might fall, that I just can't watch it except in reruns.

Oh, and I did catch the women's luge when that poor woman's sled skidded all over the place, knocking her from one side to the other. Fortunately, she walked away with bumps and bruises, pending an x-ray.

Hockey's about the only thing I don't really care for.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 14, 18 11:28 AM
Thanks roses! I have just had an appointment and will absolutely need to have back surgery. I am in total panic but when you got to ... you got to!!

Hope you can find the Jamaica ice cream, hopefully as good as the one made by Mövenpick, the best ice creams in the world!

Favourite ice cream? That's a tough question!! Mmhh... blueberry cheesecake, vanilla brownie, maple walnut, raspberry, caramelita, macadamia dulce de leche, cinnamon, amaretto and almond, Jamaica of course ... oh you meant one??? Oops! I don't eat a lot of ice cream (more into sorbets) but I enjoy about any I have!!

I haven't seen anything of the Olympics yet, not even the opening ceremony that I usually never miss! Tsk! I really enjoy curling too! Speed skating (short track esp.) is definitely quite impressive!

I still have high hopes on seeing a dragons figure skating! And some freestyle skiing (or should I say flying?)! Getting ready for the show, with my ice cream bowl in front of me of course!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 19, 18 10:10 AM
Hey Theorum, I have a friend who had back surgery some 30 years ago. At that time, there was a long recovery period. She says it was the best thing she did. The technology is so much better today, you will probably be back on your feet without any more pain before you know it!

The dragons have been tryin to skate with the backwards skates. Having a BIG learning curve.

Some of the dragons are out on the biatholon course. They have to ski 3 laps aroung the course, stop and burn down 3 straw men, ski three more laps, burn down 3 more straw men and ski 3 more laps to the finish line. If they miss a straw man, then they must take 1 penalty lap. The straw men are placed at 3 different distances and they only have one "blow" per man.

Enjoying a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream while watching the bobsledders. Those guys doing the skeleton and insane!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 20, 18 7:11 AM
Theo, sorry to hear about your back surgery. Just make sure you get a second opinion that it is absolutely necessary. I'm saying this because surgeons tend to recommend it just too easily. I know of cases where it turned out it was not necessary after all. Once you are sure that it is indeed necessary, schedule it asap to get it over with, rather than wait and worry! Whatever you do, I'm sending good vibes your way!

(((((((((((get well soon!))))))))

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 23, 18 3:47 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words and good vibes Medication is useless and so is physiotherapy, so after months of pain, I really need something to be done.

I was told I would be off work for about 2 months (oh wow). Then they said I would be sent home the day after the operation. Cool. Uh?? Wait! The next day?? Wait wait wait! I don't get it really and hey, I am living on my own so more panic! But I am sure I'll find a way. Just trying not to read fora as there are horrible testimonies in there and I want to remain positive! I guess I'll need to be patient and, being quite tall, not thin and surely not athletic (I guess running around manors and castles does not count as sports! ), it might take some time. So anyway, I am having a new appointment next week to seriously clarify what will happen after the surgery and then, hop! I'll get a date! Mmhh... maybe a couple of drinks before settling on a definite date!

Haha excellent idea to have a dragon biathlon! If necessary, I can get you some straw men! Good that Feu Follet doesn't take part because spectators would need fireproof suits and helmets!

Oh my, skeleton is insane indeed!!!! I don't think it goes faster than bobsleigh or sledge, but geez, head first!! Thanks but no thanks, I'll stay in front of TV... after having refilled my bowl of ice cream of course!

Edited on 02/23/2018 at 3:48:39 AM PST

Go to: