lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Can't even get started

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Feb 8, 18 7:58 PM
OK, I've been playing adventure games for years. I played the Evening installment of this with perhaps half a dozen hints, 99 per cent of them showing me some object I had clicked on the wrong pixel of 50 times already. So I can usually figure this stuff out.
I am on the third scene at the very beginning, perhaps 5 minutes into the game. I'm in the town, wolves are going to tear apart this woman in the phone booth, I have a revolver, a dagger, a towel and a badge and the flippin hint tells me to go to the ice cream cart and do something with the frozen strawberries. What?! None of my objects work, how am I going to scare off two wolves with strawberries and why can't I just fire my gun and scare them away?
Too goofy for me.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Can't even get started

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 12, 18 7:38 PM
lil_chickadee wrote:OK, I've been playing adventure games for years. I played the Evening installment of this with perhaps half a dozen hints, 99 per cent of them showing me some object I had clicked on the wrong pixel of 50 times already. So I can usually figure this stuff out.
I am on the third scene at the very beginning, perhaps 5 minutes into the game. I'm in the town, wolves are going to tear apart this woman in the phone booth, I have a revolver, a dagger, a towel and a badge and the flippin hint tells me to go to the ice cream cart and do something with the frozen strawberries. What?! None of my objects work, how am I going to scare off two wolves with strawberries and why can't I just fire my gun and scare them away?
Too goofy for me.

Hope you figured it out or come back and check your post.

SPOILER:

Though I do like the idea of tossing a brick of frozen strawberries at the wolves - and I did try that, btw, there is another long and convoluted solution to the wolf issue.

At the right side of the strawberry cart in close-up view is the screw that holds the cart umbrella up. Unscrew the umbrella and be prepared to carry that monster umbrella around for a bit. Then back out of the cart close-up. The bottom metal rod part of the umbrella stand is now sticking up from the cart. Take that and now you have a solid lever to take back to you smashed up trunk.

That should get you back on track.

Good Luck and happy gaming!

Go to: