naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

differences?

[Post New]by naedebpat on Jun 18, 10 12:29 AM
What are the differences between this one and the collector?

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

Re:differences?

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Jun 18, 10 12:39 AM
About an Hour of extra gameplay, wallpapers,screensavers,built in Strategy Guide and a behind the scenes Making-of the game .And of course the price 20 Dollars.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 18, 10 12:59 AM
Not worth the $20.00 in my opinion. I could buy 2 other games and get hours of play instead of one hour of extra play.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 18, 10 1:29 AM
sassylassie wrote:Not worth the $20.00 in my opinion. I could buy 2 other games and get hours of play instead of one hour of extra play.

What I've come to learn is that the extras are never "worth" all the extra money, but are just there for the superfans of the series>

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 18, 10 4:04 AM
I agree with both of you and have always waited for the standard edition. But I think there are cases where people will argue the point. Example, "Royal Envoy" had 63 levels, the Collectors edition had an additional 30 levels plus a built in strategy guide. That's almost 50% more play time. So maybe they have a point.

From what I understand we could "upgrade" if we wanted to. In other words download/pay for a Collectors Edition game and BFG will credit us the $6.99 we already paid for the standard version. But so far I haven't put that to the test.

happy gaming
KIW0612

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 18, 10 4:54 AM
Don't forget that when you buy a game for $20, it counts as three punches on a monthly card. If you're likely to buy a few games that month, this type of purchase would give you a free game, anyway. So it's not really much extra to pay and you'd get some more playtime in the game.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 18, 10 5:03 AM
I generally tend to agree with the thoughts here about $20 CEs not being worth the extra cost. I bought Dire Grove CE w/out blinking an eye but later wished I hadn't because the extras weren't worth it and DG is not one of my favorite MCF games. So I said I wouldn't buy anymore CEs.

However--I did buy the CE of Puppetshow 2. NOT because the ~1 hr of extra gameplay is worth the extra money (it's not), and NOT because I couldn't wait the extra 2-3 weeks, and NOT because I'm a die-hard fan or have to buy all CEs that come out or any of that. I bought it because the Puppetshow games are supreme games, and I want to reward the developers for their hard work in making such a work of art.

I think sometimes there is a time and place for paying extra, think of it as a "donation" if that helps. It's not BF I'm paying the extra for, it's for the makers of great games like this.

BTW, I haven't even played my CE version of this game yet. I played the demo, took a long time to decide if I wanted to pay for the CE, bought it, and haven't played yet because I'm waiting for just the "right time" lol.

Anyway, sorry for long-winded response. But if you're on the fence about buying the CE, and can afford it, keep in mind the developers could use the support to keep making such great games. [But in general, no, I still won't buy CEs just for the sake of it. The game has to be exemplary.]

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 18, 10 7:40 AM
carolinacat wrote:Don't forget that when you buy a game for $20, it counts as three punches on a monthly card. If you're likely to buy a few games that month, this type of purchase would give you a free game, anyway. So it's not really much extra to pay and you'd get some more playtime in the game.

You have a point, but I think that basically makes a practical difference if you purchase many CE per month: given that for $20 you can buy almost 3 regular games (and thus have several more hours gameplay with any luck) I don't really see it is such a good deal to spend $20 in a single game to get 3 punch cards (as the "saving" compared to when you buy 3 games is of around 97cents).

Since a single CE costs around 97cents less than 3 standard games IMHO it is more than logical that you get 3 punches. So far I have not found a game I could not wait the regular version for (but if you really love the game or if you buy 7 CE per month it might be worth it, or if you combine with several deals of the day/week)

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 18, 10 8:22 AM
I agree that most CEs are not worth the extra, although I bought the "Love Chronicles" and found it worth it, as it has 2 complete and different games. The second one is like a continuation of the first story but seemed likes a different game. I would however rather have had a copy of the soundtrack instead of the "developement Pics" or a screen saver with the name of the game up in the corner. That's not a screen saver, that's an advertisement.

Go to: