bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 10 1:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Post any Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 18, 10 7:02 AM
I just love these kinds of games BUT because I updated my ADOBE FLASH PLAYER a few days ago when I play this game it goes shaky and double vision. I hope BF can resolve this problem soon. Because there is no trial version I bought it and now I can't play it until adobe is fixed.

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Jun 18, 10 11:13 AM
I'm getting the exact same thing as Hannah there.

[Post New]by eupmp14 on Jun 18, 10 11:14 AM
I have the same problem. Unable to play.

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Jun 18, 10 11:17 AM
Yea, there aren't any graphics options besides adjusting the brightness.

The first time I started up the game, it wouldn't respond and went whitescreen. Had to close it and then later when I reopened it, it did start, but the intro movies were equally shaky.

When you don't move, its fine, but the instant you move, it acts like the camera is on springs.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 18, 10 11:23 AM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like this may be a display issue linked to graphics. It may help to update your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The updates are simple to do and are almost always free.
Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Jun 18, 10 11:38 AM
Okay.....

I'm grabbing the newest driver for NVIDIA, which apparently was released three days ago.

As for the DirectX, I'm pretty sure I have the latest.

[Post New]by eupmp14 on Jun 18, 10 11:41 AM
Updated video drivers fixed it. Thanks

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Jun 18, 10 12:03 PM
Still doesn't work, and I have the latest DirectX, which is DirectX11.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jun 18, 10 2:00 PM
BOOO HOOO HOOOOO I tried updating my video driver for NVIDIA and I have the latest DirectX installed and I even uninstalled the latest flash driver that I installed just before installing Cleopatra. Nothing has worked. The game is still shakey. Please, please, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm going to tech support but I really don't want my money back. I want to play this game.

Well, the suggestions that customer service had for me didn't work so I got a game credit. Some sort of incompatibility with the video card. I've contacted the developer, maybe they'll have some answer.
sigh

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 3:09:26 PM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 18, 10 3:35 PM
I just updated my drivers and that doesn't help either. If I could stand the wobbly screen whenever I move the mouse, I'd play it anyway. But I think I'd need glasses or a barf bag when I was done because that would be deadly on my eyes and my stomache.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 18, 10 5:25 PM
I have windows 7 (directx 11).

I have the same problems as above - immediate double vision and shaky. I can't even get into the options?

Oh why oh why does 80% of games here I try have huge problems. Why can't big fish/game manufactures test these games out properly BEFORE they take our money
And no - all the stuff big fish games say to try does not work.

From the one screen I saw it does look a good game if they can iron out the problems.

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Jun 18, 10 7:21 PM
I haven't played this yet, but I've had several games from these devs, and I've had the same problem as well. I have WIndows 7 64 bit with NVIDIA 8800 GTS 512 and plenty of RAM. After exhausting all of the forums and trying customer service, what I discovered was that newer versions of NVIDIA drivers have problems with these games, but the last good driver version was 186.18. Why this is the case I don't know, but at least you can download older drivers from NVIDIA. So that's what I ended up doing was having two drivers available, and installing the older one for these games, then re-installing the newest one for everything else. Customer service was very good about giving me game credits for other games, even after I discovered this trick and told them about it. Those of us that have this issue ought to raise hell with NVIDIA. BFG ought to be contacting them as well! Hopefully this works for everyone

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jun 18, 10 8:02 PM
Hi kklohr,

Wow, thanks. I hope this works. Right now I'm trying to install it but I'm getting error messages. Can you tell me the steps you took to switch back and forth from each driver? I'm getting errors about compatibility.

Thanks.
Linda.

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Jun 18, 10 9:17 PM
Linda_S_55 wrote:Hi kklohr,

Wow, thanks. I hope this works. Right now I'm trying to install it but I'm getting error messages. Can you tell me the steps you took to switch back and forth from each driver? I'm getting errors about compatibility.

Thanks.
Linda.

Hi Linda. I didn't get any kind of compatibility errors. I did read somewhere that I wasn't supposed to use anything older than 180 drivers (or maybe it was 186.) I also made sure that I was downloading 64 bit drivers and perhaps you downloaded 32 or 64 bit by mistake?

All I did was to have the setup file for 187.18 and whatever the latest driver setup program from NVIDIA was, in a folder. I then just select the setup program for the driver that I want to install. The only errors I ever get with the 187.18 driver is an entry about missing first entry in nvcpl.dll, or something like that, and stereo something or other not uninstalling correctly. Neither of these things affect my computer or graphics in any way that I can tell, although the missing entry message always comes up when I restart my computer.

By the way, the latest driver from NVIDIA (257.21) still doesn't fix the stuttering screen issue, but using 187.18 does, at least for me! I'm guessing that the games from Kheops don't use GPU acceleration.

I've been wondering whether or not anyone else who has ATI graphics has this problem? Hopefully it all goes well for you.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jun 18, 10 11:44 PM
Another dud game! Big fish , this is getting old very fast , latest nvidia drivers and direct x did not help

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jun 19, 10 9:35 AM
Has anyone successfully installed and played this game? The only reviews are from people who rushed in to say "360 games make me nauseous, I don't play them," so the reviews are from people who haven't actually played the game

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, fully up-to-date drivers and directX but the game is still jittery and shaky so I can't actually play it. I'm very disappointed because I really liked the concept and since nobody had reviewed the game yet, I didn't know there was a problem with it. I'm contacting customer service, hopefully they'll issue a patch within the next day or two.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 19, 10 3:07 PM
I have nvidia drivers.

Congrats on the poster who tried to work around them, and to try and get something on his own that works

but I am not technical and the long thing in what to do and switch back and forth between drivers is too complicated for me and I don't want other problems. Also I can pick up a game and just play for 15 mins and I don't want to go through it just for that.

Big fish is usually good in quickly getting patches out and trying to sort out the problems (it doesn't always work) but will wait for the patch before contacting them.

I went through all their suggestions again, and couldn't even open the game running it in a different compatability mode.

I agree with the poster who says BF should be working with nvidia to try and resolve problems instead of us.

hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hubbasa on Jun 20, 10 6:59 PM
I have ATI Radeon drivers (latest version including hotfix), DirectX 11 and have reinstalled all the adobe software. My screen goes black when I start the game. I found a config.ini file in the game's directory on my HD and modified the bFullScreen=0 (from 1 to 0). This allowed me to open the game as a windowed app. Unfortunately, I lose the cursor alot and can't tell what actions or directions I can take.

It would be very helpful if someone could contact the devs for this game and find out what else we can set to make it work!

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Jun 23, 10 2:38 PM
Icky_Etardo wrote:Has anyone successfully installed and played this game? The only reviews are from people who rushed in to say "360 games make me nauseous, I don't play them," so the reviews are from people who haven't actually played the game

I just finished the game... I had two glitches along the way (most of the time the icons on the map wouldn't show up--but I could still click on where they should have been to get around, and once I got some sort of error code that minimized but didn't crash my game and didn't happen again after that), but nothing ridiculous. I have an NVIDIA graphics card, but I haven't downloaded new drivers in at least several months, so if there is a problem with the newest ones I wouldn't know. I'm also running Windows XP Pro if that matters to anyone.

Go to: