pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Interpol 2 - Review

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Oct 29, 08 1:12 PM
Does anyone else feel the designers sort of put everything into the first few scenes, then sort of 'phoned it in' from there on?

I found that by the last few scenes of the first 'criminal' I was finding all the objects in all the scenes in less than a few minutes.

I also had an issue with the 'magnifying' lens used on the final scene for each caper. The lens was so large it was difficult to get it out of the way so I could see what I was looking for. Also, looking through the lens everything was pixelated, so some objects were impossible to correctly identify without some random clicking.

Overall, this one left me sort of flat, and happy when the 1 hour mark came up and my trial expired.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Interpol 2 - Review

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Nov 1, 08 7:21 AM
My wife and I play a HO game as a team for an hour or so almost every night as a little wind down and some mom n dad time. Have built quite a collection from BFG over the years. Last night we tried the demo of Interpol and were blowing through screen after screen with hardly any challenge. Within the hour I think we were just entering the 11th level. I don't know how many total levels there are but can't help but think if we were to use one of our credits that it would only buy us a short period of additional play.

It is a nice game. The one piece I thought was poorly done is the "find the differences" puzzles. Done with the same city scenes using a very grainy, pixelated, poor quality photo of a city seaside.

[Post New]by SefaKajira on Jan 31, 09 2:43 PM
Since I didn't expect much, I wasn't disappointed. It has replay value but only for those of us with short-term memory problems. The end of chapter sections are very poorly done; or they are well done if you have perfect vision. Since I have poor vision, I found I had to always save the 4 hints for that segment if I had any hope in progressing.

Even after a couple hours, I could not find what, if anything, one needed to do to earn extra hints. I guess there aren't any which is a real disappointment.

LilBit65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by LilBit65 on Mar 20, 09 7:01 PM
I like the Interpol games. I would like it if you could earn extra hints but I didn't need them. The game was too short. After awhile the hidden items where easy to find. The mini game items where harder to find and very tricky.

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Oct 1, 10 3:37 AM
Agree with pfalcioni I found the magnifying lense pixelated everything, making them unrecognisable. I too would like to be able to earn extra hints because these games usually get harder as you progress.

I found it frustrating that you couldn't click on consecutive items quickly because you had to wait for the cursor. I thought I had made a few mistakes early on in the game and used hints to find objects I had already identified but the game hadn't registered the clicks.

Usually I am a big fan of the Interpol/Crime HOGs, but I got frustrated with this one rather quickly. Disappointing really. A little re-vamp to correct a few issues and add more length would make this game fantastic because the graphics are wonderful although the mini-games aren't really up to par. I think I'll wait for the DD on this one because it doesn't appear to be long enough.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 7, 11 11:48 AM
I thought the same as pfalcioni! Made me laugh when I called my husband over to watch. I don't usually care for straight hidden object games but this one started out so different that I thought I would show Hubby. By the time he got over to the desk I was playing the same old hidden object scenes that all games have. They aren't difficult so if you like to speed through this is for you. I would have liked to see some more challenging mini games. I had a good time playing the trial but very glad I didn't buy this.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 11 2:17 PM
SefaKajira wrote:Since I didn't expect much, I wasn't disappointed. It has replay value but only for those of us with short-term memory problems. The end of chapter sections are very poorly done; or they are well done if you have perfect vision. Since I have poor vision, I found I had to always save the 4 hints for that segment if I had any hope in progressing.
Even after a couple hours, I could not find what, if anything, one needed to do to earn extra hints. I guess there aren't any which is a real disappointment.

In this game, there is NO WAY to earn extra hints; you get 4 hints for the entire level that you're on INCLUDING the last scene wherein you've got to find x number of things, find the difference, etc.

MEnr56

Go to: