bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Blood Oath

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 19, 10 12:05 AM
With no memories of your past life and a never-ending hunger, it’s time to embrace your new life as a vampire in this fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game! Avoid the dangerous vampire hunters, as you explore a dark world with a new obstacle around every corner. Can you hit the ground running and survive the terrifying world you have been pulled into? Arise from the dead, and dive into Blood Oath today!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Blood Oath

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jun 19, 10 1:34 AM
Excellent graphics, spooky music and very interactive. Some objects are toughies to locate but not impossible just well hidden. Game play requires a bit of traveling around and back tracking as you have 2 or 3 tasks to do at a time. There are also cards you can collect to shorten hint recharge time. The game is set up well with a tabbed area on lower screen so you can easily keep track of what you have done and still need to do. Interactive areas are shown by a pulsing red light...kinda spooky...looks like blood splatters. The character you play is a vampire and you have certain achievements you need to accompolish to become a better and more skilled vampire. Lol, I thought they had all they needed from the get go. It is a dark themed game so for those gamers who object to occult oriented games then this may not be the game for you.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 19, 10 1:56 AM
Are you sure this isn't a spoof of vampire games like Vampireville is? I almost skipped that one cuz I don't like vampires in movies even. So glad that I did try Vampireville because of who made it, and delighted to see it is hilarious. Mishap was the same way, wouldn't like a straight ghost story and it is so much fun, a spoof again. I just happened to read on another forum how funny it was with 5 *s and luckily gave it a shot when it got to BF.

Maybe this is supposed to be satire too and failed to pull it off? Guess I'll have to have a look see, don't want to miss a good comedy like Young Frankenstein or The Addams Family.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Jun 19, 10 2:29 AM
I´m just playing the demo and it is a good game, but I don´t think it´s a comedy like Vampireville, very different. I´m also generally not interested in vampire stuff but gameplaying is interesting.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 19, 10 5:41 AM
I think I might have a video problem. My vampires don't sparkle.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 19, 10 6:58 AM
if they don't sparkle.... hmmm maybe they're not real vampires, maybe they only play them on TV

have to laugh because i have the *eclipse* soundtrack on while i'm waiting for this to download...

cheers

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 19, 10 8:09 AM
It seems everyone is into

"Vampires" Movies, Games, Clothes, Dolls, T Shirts, Hats, Posters, BillBoards, and so on>>>>>>

I guess if its not this then its MURDER OR Fairy Tales.

I LOVE THEM KEEP THEM COMING

PEN

Rinkatplay
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by Rinkatplay on Jun 19, 10 9:01 AM
Played the hour free Trial. Liked it so far. It is kind of a different game then I have played before. When somebody does finish it can you tell me how long it took you. I got into chapter 2 in my free trial and that is reading and looking around. I like game want to buy but I also like one that takes awhile to play.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jun 19, 10 9:44 AM
i adored this game! I will definately buy it but since I filled out a punchcard for the month I may decide to wait and see if any really goood dd show up, then I may have to buy it to fill out another card....
Anyway, music is nice and creepy and the gameplay for me had me still working on chapter one when my hour came up. I really am fighting not to buy it.....really fighting urge not to sink my teeth into it....drain it of delicious game goodness.....ahem....anywhoo, game has not timers except for the achievement wall ( If you can finish the game in 180 minutes) but I don't think the acheivements get you anything other than a good pat on the back....
Graphics were excellent and the objects not to shabby to find. The hardest part sometimes were the mini game tiles....but I found them all anyway. Well anyway it's a good game and if your like me will probably at least last you four or more hours since I heard there are four chapters.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 19, 10 10:05 AM
well, i had just attained flight when the trial was over.... by checking the walkthrough, that put me a little ways into chapter two, so... i think i might actually buy this one... that's gotta be at least three hours of play... and i like the map of the game... the story is a little off but i really like the music and i like the atmosphere and i like earning the abilities a little at a time...

in most vampire lore, newbies are weak and only focused on feeding or resisting the change... they can't actually harness the supernatural "powers" of their kind until they learn to deal with what they are... it's a little like working out - ever get up the next day and feel like you're sore in places you didn't know you had? then, the more you work it, the better it feels and the stronger you become... next time you're at the gym, maybe you check and see if they offer "blood orange smoothies"

Go to: