bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Blood Oath technical issues here only (old)

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 19, 10 1:06 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 04/24/2017 at 4:29:07 PM PST

Re:Post any Blood Oath technical issues here only

[Post New]by mari125 on Jun 19, 10 1:50 AM
This is one of the very few times I've ever had any significant technical problem with a BF game. Once the download has completed and the installation starts..., it doesn't end. At first I thought that I missed that "window of opportunity" to authorize the installation, so I re-downloaded the game but the same thing happened again. Installation begins but never ends. Any answers?

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jun 19, 10 4:01 AM
Anyone else having sticky cursor problems? I'm on VISTA. Any idea how to correct this?

clutchola
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by clutchola on Jun 19, 10 4:14 AM
I can't click on the blue lobster claw in the bathroom toward end of Chapter 2. It doesn't make any sound or cause an error with repeated clicks. Anyone have suggestion for me? Thanks! No problems anywhere else.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jun 19, 10 4:15 AM
I am getting the dreaded " Error - access violation " message.
This is AFTER I played the demo just fine, purchased the game and five minutes later it froze. The music then repeats and the message comes up. I have to shut the computer down to get out of the game.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Had to return Family Flux, couldn't play The Heritage - each time after I purchased the game. Is it something to do with downloading? Have very happily played Puppetville, Salem Witches and Agatha Christie's Miss Marple this week, so I don't think it's my computer. Why is this happening?

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Jun 19, 10 5:01 AM
Installed just fine after that, floating cursor and games freezes. Once again a game i can not play as so many games this year.

blossom14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by blossom14 on Jun 19, 10 5:34 AM
I have just secured my ability to fly. The hint says that I need to need to go to the pathway near the Cemetary gateway however I can't see what needs to be done at this point.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Jun 19, 10 7:38 AM
I cannot pick up the lobster claw. I know it is the right item I checked using the help button. It wont pick it up when I click on it. I can't move forward or back until I pick it up. Suggestions?

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Jun 19, 10 8:14 AM
Cursor floats. Game freezes. I leave it for a while and restart the game. I'm now playing a couple of scenes at a time. Snail's pace but I am determined to get through. It is very frustrating. Good story, good graphics and then the GREMLINS show up. Aar-rr-rgh! I do not want to ask CS for another refund.!
Drivers and video card are up to date. Went through all of this with Family Flux...that's it I'm uninstalling and going to bed!

robert56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by robert56 on Jun 19, 10 8:18 AM
l downloaded the game enjoyed the hour long so bought it, now im stuck on the blue lobster claw, it wont let me pick it up, and cant continue untill l do, any suggestions please....

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 19, 10 8:28 AM
Blue lobster claw is exactly where I'm stuck too. It won't let me pick it up. And I'm a friggin lobster too.

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 8:29:37 AM PST

[Post New]by SoonersSlave on Jun 19, 10 8:58 AM
Ditto about the claw. UGH!!!! I KNOW they can't possibly catch EVERY SINGLE bug, but something THAT significant should be dealt with b4 the final comes out

lol Coron, just be glad it isn't YOUR claw you can't pick up

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 9:00:28 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 19, 10 9:07 AM
Found a fix. Quit the game entirely, quit BFG Manager too. Restart game with same profile. I was able to pick up the lobster claw after that.

Edited on 06/19/2010 at 9:08:10 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 19, 10 9:11 AM
Hi fishies,

If your game is freezing or you are having cursor problems, it may be display issues that can be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Video card updates happen often and they don't always notify you when they are available. The good thing is, the steps are easy to follow and they are almost always free. Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Game Freezing Crashing or Blank Screen

If you are getting an Access Violation error, you may want to make sure that you are running the Game Manager and/or game as administrator. Here are some links with more information as well.

Run as Administrator

Access Violation

We've also received reports that exiting and re-entering the game has solved the blue claw issue for some. If you haven't already tried this or uninstalling and reinstalling, it may be helpful to try.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

bfgTigris

[Post New]by SoonersSlave on Jun 19, 10 9:23 AM
lol I just thought of that on my own and came back here to tell u all that, but seems I'm too late

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jun 19, 10 10:25 AM
clutchola wrote:I can't click on the blue lobster claw in the bathroom toward end of Chapter 2. It doesn't make any sound or cause an error with repeated clicks. Anyone have suggestion for me? Thanks! No problems anywhere else. [/quote

I'm stuck too - blue lobster claw cannot be picked up. Suggestions please!

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jun 19, 10 5:38 PM
I get a different error - I have downloaded initially and then deleted and re-downloaded but still get the following error "can't initialise windows mode - trying full screen" and then get a further error "can't initialise full screen mode - try changing your colour depth or screen resolution, otherwise your video card is not compatible".

I have a 24" screen, have had no problems playing any BF game until this one. Being there is very mixed comment on this game. I think I'll give it a miss.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jun 19, 10 9:10 PM
Cursor floats, game freezes repeatedly. NO Sale here!!!

Apock
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Apock on Jun 20, 10 12:03 AM
I am pretty much at the beginning of the game, right after I put the book together to become a stronger vampire, I could not figure out what to do after that (and the tutorial of minigame), used the HINT and need to go to the Den, even checked the walkthrough which shows where the access to this room is (doors at upper left corner at the top of stairs). No matter what I try I am unable to click the doors. Not too long ago I contacted tech support (purchased Love and Death Bitten but unable to click/select "Strange Symbol), went through all the instructions/updates etc so I believe I should be good on that end, but will probably check again.

kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kfitzzy on Jun 20, 10 6:53 AM
"I get a different error - I have downloaded initially and then deleted and re-downloaded but still get the following error "can't initialise windows mode - trying full screen" and then get a further error "can't initialise full screen mode - try changing your colour depth or screen resolution, otherwise your video card is not compatible".

I have a 24" screen, have had no problems playing any BF game until this one. Being there is very mixed comment on this game. I think I'll give it a miss. "

Having same issue anyone know what resolution this game needs to be at????

Go to: