St. Valentine's Day Quest

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on Feb 10, 18 8:12 PM
Just completed the St. Valentine's Day quest (on BFG). It was a hard one in that it takes at least 6 rounds to gain each needed item, even with the Wish Master. However, it does not require expeditions.

I used dragon Eterious.

The Lover's Chest contains:
100 Silver tarra card
50 Gold tarra card
1 Northern Lights
1 Bright Flash
5 Astronomical Clock
5 Nutritious Grain
5 Clown Boots
5 Golden Fish
5 Gold Nugget
1 Fiery (firey?) Acorn
1 Diminishing Magnifying Glass
10 Solar Lamp
10 Hammer of Thor
1 Whirl of Oblivion
1 Shelf Fungus Extract
1 Energy of Time
1 Energy of Attraction
10 Creature Summoning Scrolls
1 Flickering Galipot
1 MagicDust
10 Problem Solver
1 Professions and Kisses Award
40,000 Gold Coins
1,000 Experience Points

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:St. Valentine's Day Quest

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Feb 13, 18 5:26 AM
It doesn't seem to matter which one you use to find objects at a better rate so I think it's pointless on wasting them, at least for this event. Having to go through the cycle 5 or 6 times for each object is more than a bit much. Sorry I started this one but will remember for next year when it comes back out...if I'm still playing.

[Post New]by _Sweetgrass_ on Feb 13, 18 12:12 PM
juleslorraine wrote:It doesn't seem to matter which one you use to find objects at a better rate so I think it's pointless on wasting them....

I haven't done this one yet but just want to point out that using talisman will encourage other, harder to acquire items to drop (eg, meditation sphere, galactic almanac, etc) so using one, in conjunction with a fed and happy pet dragon, can result in a windfall even if it doesn't affect the number of searches necessary.

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Feb 14, 18 3:54 AM
I don't care about the other items, most of them I have hundreds if not a couple thousand as I never use them and you can't gift them. If I use a talisman to increase the drop rate it's because of an event where I need an item and they rarely seem to work for that. If it's only to increase the crappy items and doesn't pertain to actual events, that should be written so we know. Once you get to a higher level, like I am, it's more of a nuisance to have the others to drop because if you actually decide to collect it, many of them cause several other screens to pop up asking if you want this one too which just slows down my next search. We should be permitted to gift those items because it's to the point where I'm constantly having to clear those screens to search a room if I don't want that item.

[Post New]by _Sweetgrass_ on Feb 16, 18 1:49 PM
Lots of the talisman's I like to use come from pieces collected in Bellows and the hardest to acquire items, for me, only seem to drop when I have a talisman in place. I always need the meditation sphere, ball lightning, secret flame, mystic earrings, icing flute and the galactic almanac, etc so it makes sense, for me, to use a talisman if I'm playing in Bellows, even if it doesn't affect the drop rate of the current offer's needed item because it will increase the drop rates of lots of other items that I use for various other talisman not to mention that it increases the drop rate for the items I need for Bellows creatures (astronomical clock, nutritious grains and fruit tartlets) which I never have enough of and which can't be bought with coins in the shop. As with everything else in the game, your mileage may vary but for my money, using a talisman while playing in bellows usually results in me acquiring other needed items while I slog through an offer.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 16, 18 4:11 PM
I give up. Hate this quest. I'm not going round and round trying to get an artifact to drop. Don't need the chest that bad.

Go to: