Valentine's Day Event 2018

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Valentine's Day Event 2018

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 10, 18 11:01 PM
Hi all, aussie Dot reporting in.

Sorry to be so late with the first day but I have been unwell. I now have new pain meds but a side-effect is that I sleep a lot so I actually missed midnight when the Event began. I will try to keep up so you can have your report early but please forgive me if I miss now & then.

I will pull information for this Event from the thread - Valentine Event 2017. I did not report in 2017 as I had my eyes operated on a couple of days before the Event started.
If you would like the full dialogue for the Event please see the thread - Valentine Event 2016.

Now to business: Valentine's Day Event 2018 has begun!

The snow remains. It won't disappear until the Spring Event starts.
The Event is staged as the preparation for a Valentine's Charity Ball.
Our narrator/ quest requester is Fatima Issa.
The icon is a pumping heart.
There 29 quests spread over 16 days.
There are LIMITED COLLECTABLES!!!! On Day 3, 5, 10, 12, 16.
The rest of the collectables are available from Day 1.

Maybe it's worth it to remind everyone that it is sufficient to turn in any 4 Valentine collections to get the extra 40 gold, it doesn't have to be 4 different collections. So don't despair if there's a collection you cannot complete.

Edited on 02/10/2018 at 11:42:55 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:Valentine's Day Event 2018

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 10, 18 11:05 PM
This event has limited daily quests for some of the items in event collection; which means it is available for 24 hours and once you accept the reward on the quest it will close and end your ability to gather more of the item. If you played the Christmas event, you have experienced it.

DO
To keep the quest open, after playing it the first time, you use the arrow keys at the bottom of the quest to go to previous or next quest. If you do not have another quest in your queue, keep you daily quest open to have something to jump to.

This leaves your quest open so that you can go back into it and play more. You can not reenter the quest at all until you are completely done by just going to the city where it appears.

DO NOT
Accept the Reward ..... OR.......X out <---- both close the quest

Warnings and general information:
•Quests generally become available at Midnight local time.

•If your game does not already have Maine and the Yacht to open for the mini-scenes, they will open during this event.

•The majority of collectibles are showing the first day and available at lower cup levels.

• You don't always see the Valentine's Day collectible pop while playing the scene or even in the air display when you have completed the scene but they do go to your collection.

All timed Special collectibles are introduced in daily quests and are TIMED QUESTS and available for 24 hours only and as long as quest is left open and unrewarded.

• On days where there are more than one quest, you do have to complete (accept the reward on the quest) to move to the next quest that same day.

REMEMBER to make sure you are logged on to the server if you close your game. This is done by checking messages or auction - if you have access, you are logged on. If you can't you aren't connected and stand a chance of losing the items you have gathered. Wait till you KNOW you are connected to close your game to assure progress is saved to your game.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 10, 18 11:37 PM
COLLECTIONS:
Valentine Cards
Rose Bouquet - Portland, Oregon. Available Day one
Tree of Hearts - Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine & Guo Antiques, San Francisco, California. Available Day 1.
Polka-Dot Heart - Maine. Available Day 1, all modes
and Delores' Barn- Tucumari, New Mexico. Quest on Day 2 - Feb 12th
Artsy Valentine - Timed quest - Chill Bar - Chicago, Illinois - Day 3. Only available on Day 3 - Feb 13th. May not drop each mode.
Lots of Hearts- Firehouse - Charleston, West Virginia. Available Day 1, all modes.

Sweet Treats
Bonbons in a Round Container - Timed quest - Hotel- Akron, Ohio. Only available on Day 3 - Feb 13.
Jar of Candies - Aunt Margaret's house - Atlanta, Georgia. Available Day 1.
Candy in Geometric Box- Timed quest. Junk yard -Columbia, Missouri. Only available on Day 3 - Feb 13th.
Box of Chocolates - Timed quest - Oldstein Bank - Tempe, Arizona. Only available Day 12 - Feb 22nd.
Heart filled w/ Candies- Secret Library, Bellingham, Washington. Available Day 1.

Flower Bouquet
Carnations - Akron Hotel, Dayton,Ohio. Available Day 1, all modes. Captain Matthew's Yacht. Available Day 1 (for those with the Yacht open), all modes.
Pink Roses- Cpt. Matthew's Yacht & Airplane Hanger, Pensacola, Florida. Available Day 1, all modes.
Tulips - Cpt. Matthew's Yacht. Available Day 1, all modes.
Gerbera - Toy Shop- St Paul, Minnesota. Available Day 1, all modes but getting iffy in Picky.
Lilacs- Timed quest. Christmas Alley - Helena, Montana. Only available on Day 3 - Feb 13th.

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 12:03:53 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 11, 18 12:35 AM
COLLECTIONS

Love Letters
Carrier Pigeon - Timed quest. Junkyard- Columbia, Missouri. Only available Day 5 - Feb 15.
Week by Week - Botanica Al Fresco, Maine. Available Day 1.
• is the Quest for Day 2 - Feb 12th. Only need to play it once for the quest because it stays at Botanica Al Fresco, Maine for the Event.
Clay Tablet - Timed quest. Cpt. Matthew's Yacht. Only available Day 10 - Feb 20.
A Happy Ending - Hunting Lodge, Ketchum, Idaho. Available Day 1.
Love Letter in a Bottle - Timed quest. Cpt. Matthew's Yacht. Only available Day 16 - Feb 26th.

Looking at the COLLECTIONS:
In my opinion, if you want to amass some gold, I would concentrate on collecting the Flower Bouquet collection & the Valentine Cards Collection. There is only ONE LIMITED COLECTABLE in each of those collections. Both of them are on Day 3 - so work hard & collect lots of lilacs & Artsy Valentine.
Do the quests for the other collectables to get the achievement rewards but concentrate your energy on the above 2 collectables.

Should you wish to collect lots of all collections, please do! This is only a suggestion for those with limited time & energy - especially for Day 3 when there are 4 Limited Collectables to get. Make your decision before Day 3 as what you collect on Day 3 is the decider.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 11, 18 1:10 AM
SOME OF THE ITEMS ARE NOT SHOWING FOR ME AT THIS TIME. I DO NOT MEAN THE ITEMS FOR THE 24HR EVENTS. SOME OF THE LOCATIONS ARE ONLY SHOWING THE REGULAR ITEMS.

NOT WORRIED. THIS IS YR. 5 FOR ME. BUT I DO LIKE THE CHALLENGE OF CHASING MORE GOLD.

THE CANDY IS MY LOWEST AMOUNT I HAVE ONLY 34 OF EACH.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE. SEE YOU IN THE CASTLE DOT.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 11, 18 1:13 AM
Welcome to Valentine's Day 2018. It is a 16 day Event. Day 1 was easy - No Limited Collectables.

Day 1.. February 11th.

Q1. Go to Hotel Akron, Ohio.

When we log in, we are greeted by Mrs. Argos (from Hotel Akron) with a request to go meet our narrator - Fatima Issa who wants our help getting the Charity Ball ready. James Anderson accepts the request.

At Hotel Akron, carnations are on the reward bar. They fell when I did the HOS.
When I accepted the reward, an ACHIEVEMENT BANNER appeared. I collected the reward of cupcakes. Questing for today was over.

Good luck with the Event.

Dot

Please note: The new rooms we opened in Hotel Akron have items to be searched for in them. However, it has been found that having the AES warehouse completed to level 3 at least and the rooms in Hotel Akron open are an added dimension for players that have these available. Do not despair! if you do not have these. All players will be able to complete their collections.

The following also appeared:
(If you do not have the AES warehouse yet the following does not appear.)
Odin hands you quests to complete
• love letters collection
• flower bouquet collection
• valentine cards collection
• sweet treats collection

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 11, 18 1:24 AM
HI CHARLIEISR. LOVELY TO SEE YOU.

I HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO CHECK OUT ALL THE LOCATIONS YET BUT I AM HOPING THE INFORMATION I TOOK FROM THE 2017 THREAD IS CORRECT. THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK.

ENJOY THE EVENT.

Dot

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 11, 18 4:21 AM
Whew. You got it pasted here! Good deal. Thanks, Dot.

I only skimmed the information. The only thing I did not see was that if someone missed opening the additional scenes in Ohio (mini-scenes open after one starts on the AES compound building) because the quests are out of order in that particular quest, the completion of this event might be crippled.

Even so gold can be made, my particular favorite category is the
Flower Bouquet Offered up as the least expensive energy which category and happily alternative places to get extra flowers so that OH can be avoided completely if the mini-scenes did not get opened. If you don't know if you should have OH open, you have not gotten the quest yet.

Carnations
Hotel - Dayton,Ohio all modes
Cpt. Matthew's Yacht all modes Starting day one through the end and never timed.
Which means even if OH is loused up you have the yacht to get them.

Pink Roses
Cpt. Matthew's Yacht
Airplane Hanger- Pensacola, Florida Starting day one through the end and never timed.

Tulips
Cpt. Matthew's Yacht Starting day one through end and never timed, all modes

Gerbera
Toy Shop- St Paul, Minnesota Starting day one through end and never timed, but getting iffy in Picky

Lilacs
Timed quest Christmas Alley - Helena, Montana - Day 3,
available only on 13 Feb.
This one being the tricky one. You have to leave the quest open by not accepting the reward and then go back repeatedly to MT. There are three other timed quests on 13 Feb so you have to plan where you are going to capitalize on the gold.

I use to take Lilac Day, Feb 13th, off from work just to do these quests. It's a long haul to capitalize on the timed items for the collections that day.

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 4:27:14 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 11, 18 5:12 AM
Okay, a sort by dates for the timed quest collectibles, helpful in planning on how quest event will be played. Be aware that the 13th is the killer with four timed quests, one each of the collections is involved. Each must be worked to the goal you set, then quest closed to move to next.

Collectibles that are available from day 1 through the end of the event:

Week by Week - Botanica Al Fresco, ME
A Happy Ending- Hunting Lodge- Ketchum, ID
Carnations Hotel - Dayton, OH all modes and Yacht all modes
Pink Roses - Cpt. Matthew's Yacht and Airplane Hanger- Pensacola, FL
Tulips - Cpt. Matthew's Yacht
Gerber - Toy Shop- St Paul, MN (iffy in Picky)
Tree of Hearts - Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, ME and Guo Antiques, San Franciso, CA
Polka-Dot Heart - Maine
Lots of Hearts - Firehouse - Charleston, WV
Jar of Candies - Aunt Margaret's house - Atlanta, GE
Heart filled w/ Candies- Secret Library, Bellingham,WA

Timed and available only on the date of quest:

12th
Week by Week -Mini-game- Bird watching 18 - the Love Bird the special one not the regular one and only need to play it once.
Polka-Dot Heart - Delores' Barn-Tucumari,NM only play once

13th
Lilacs - Christmas Alley - Helena, MT
Artsy Valentine - Chill Bar - Chicago, IL
Bonbons in a Round Container - Akron, OH
Candy in Geometric Box - Junkyard, Columbia,MO

15th
Carrier Pigeon - Junkyard- Columbia, Missouri

20th
Clay Tablet - Cpt. Matthew's Yacht

22nd
Box of Chocolates - Oldstein Bank -Tempe,AZ

26th
Love Letter in a Bottle - Cpt. Matthew's Yacht

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 5:27:56 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 11, 18 9:31 AM
Thank you aussie_Dot and OddlyEnuh. This information is very helpful !!

This is my first time with Valentines. I have mapped out my plan (thanks to you) and am excited about playing.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 11, 18 3:30 PM
Day 2 already. Today there are 3 quests. NO LIMITED Collectables.

Day 2....... Feb 12th

Q 2. Visit the Bird Watching Building.

When I entered the Bird Watching Building, I found a NEW & extra mini game 18 - Valentine Love Birds. It is for the duration of the Event only. It cost 18 binoculars to play & the collectable 'Week by Week' Love Letter is on the reward bar. I played the game & received the collectable. It can be played over and over but the collectable is also in the Botanica Al Fresco restaurant, Maine which does not cost any resources to play.

I collected the reward from Fatima who then sent me on another quest.

Q 3. Visit Dolores' Barn in Tucumcari, New Mexico.

The HOS was straight-forward. I was in picky shopper mode & I am at guru level for this location. The 'Polka Dot Heart' Valentine Card was on the reward bar. It dropped. At this location, it is only here for Day 2 but the collectable is available at the Maine restaurant for the Event.

I collected the reward and was sent on another quest to borrow some porcelain pieces from Aylen at the Porcelain Shop.

Q 4.
- Fix the Sauce Boat (mini game 4).
- Fix the Chinese Porcelain in Red and Blue (mini game 5).

These are both regular mini games with NO Valentine Day collectables on the reward bar. Mini game 4 costs 4 glue & mini game 5 costs 5 glue. They only need to be done the once to complete the quest.

I collected the reward from Fatima & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over. See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads-up: Tomorrow is Day 3 & the day with the biggest workload - 4 LIMITED COLLECTABLES over 2 quests - lilacs; candy in a geometric box; Bonbons in a Round Container; Artsy Valentine Card. You will need lots of energy.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 12, 18 3:56 AM
I have had a couple of requests for the links to the previous threads on this event.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/356803.page#5919713

2016 - This one has all the dialog included, thanks to Dot

http://forums.bigfis-games.com/posts/list/675420.page

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 12, 18 4:53 AM

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/893076.page

I had it bookmarked to prepare in advance how much energy I would need.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 12, 18 8:18 AM
Well Day 3 has rolled around and I am not feeling the best. So I changed my goals for this Event. Now I will collect what I am comfortable with & save collecting for the gold for the Spring Event. There are 4 LIMITED COLLECTABLES to get today spread over 2 quests.

Day 3..... Feb 13th

Q 5
- Find a Lilac Bouquet.
- Find candy in a geometric box.

The Lilac Bouquet can be found at Christmas Alley, Helena, Montana.
The Candy in a Geometric Box is found in the Junkyard, Columbia, MO.
I started with the Junkyard. I am at guru level at this site & I was in Picky Shopper mode. The collectable was the only Valentine Day Collectable on the reward bar. I managed all 4 modes & each time the collectable dropped. After the first time I did the HOS, the game sent me back to Fatima. I used the arrows & went to the next quest (which was the daily quest). From there I clicked the "X" so I was able to exit to Breezy Bay. The game returned me to Breezy Bay, each time I did the HOS. Not wanting to tire too early, I only did the HOS 4 times & then moved to the other part of the quest.
At Christmas Alley, I was in picture mode. I am at guru level at this location. The Lilac Bouquet was the only Valentine's Day collectable on the reward bar. It fell when I did the HOS. The game sent me back to the quest box. Using the 'exit' via arrows, I returned to Breezy Bay. I managed to do the Christmas Alley HOS 10 times before I started to feel tired. The collectable fell each time.

I returned to the quest box & collected the reward. However the heart remained so I clicked on it & it gave me the second quest.

Q 6
- Find Bonbons in a round container.
- Find an Artsy valentine card.

The Bonbons in a round container were found at the Hotel Akron, Ohio.
The Artsy valentine card was found at the Chill Bar Chicago, Illinios.

At the Hotel Akron, carnations were on the reward bar as well as the Bonbons. I was in Fast Shopper mode. I am at guru level here. Using the above 'exit' via the arrows method, I managed to do the HOS 4 times & each time both collectables fell.
By now I am not feeling very well so I cut the number of Artsy Valentine cards to the 4 modes. It was the only Valentine Day collectable on the bar. I was in Silhouette mode & at guru level. The collectable did NOT fall. In the other 3 modes it did.

Good luck to everyone. See you tomorrow.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 12, 18 8:28 AM
Heads up for Day 4: We start decorating Beechwood Cove. We are asked to do Breezy Bar. If you do not already have the decorations, the costs are

Breezy Bay..................Heart banners 3,499 coins. Heart balloons 3,499 coins.

We also visit the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant, Maine. So if you do not already have this location open, it will open tomorrow.

Edited on 02/12/2018 at 8:30:21 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 13, 18 7:55 AM
Day 4 & feeling slightly better. Today there are 2 quests but NO LIMITED COLLECTABLES.

Day 4...... Feb 14

Q.7. Get Heart Banners for Breezy Bay.

As I have done this Event before, I already have the Heart Banners. I also have the Heart Balloons. I decorated with both near the beginning of the Event. When this quest came up, it was already ticked as complete. For those who do not have the Heart Banners (or Heart Balloons), the cost is in the above box.

I collected the reward. An Achievement Banner appeared for "Completing 7 Valentine"s Day special quests". I accepted the Fruit Salad.

The Heart icon remained. It sent me on a second quest.

Q 8. Visit the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant.

If you did not have the mini scenes open before, they open now.
On the reward bar are 3 collectables - Polka Dot Heart (Valentine Cards); Week by Week (Love Letters) & Tree of Roses (Valentine Cards). I am at guru level for this location. I was in picture mode. All 3 collectables dropped when I did the scene. As these are not limited collectables, I will revisit this location tomorrow for more collectables.

I collected the reward & the heart icon disappeared. Questing for today was over.

It was an easy day. However if you do not have the Valentine decorations previously, it will get a little costly. Remember that Pawpaw Grove & Dinhammer Alley will also need to be decorated during the Event & can be done in advance.

Hope you are having fun. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Everyone!

Dot

Heads Up for Day 5: There is 1 LIMITED COLLECTABLE to be found - Carrier Pigeon - Junkyard, Missouri.
Please Note: The second quest is - "Play Sweet Old Couple" at Bennett's. In previous years, unfortunately for some players, the quest incorrectly says Vincent's. Quest it is flashing over Bennett's. So be on the lookout.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 13, 18 2:07 PM
HAVEN'T OPENED ALL OF THE HOTEL, AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. I DO INTEND TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. IN NO HURRY TO FINISH THE AES COMPOUND.

I LIKE HELPING NEW PLAYERS. WHO KNOWS SOMEDAY I MAY GET A WILD HAIR AND FINISH THE COMPOUND. IF NOT DON'T CARE. JUST ONE MORE UNFINISHED TASK IN MY LIFE.

TO OLD TO REALLY CARE.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 14, 18 7:38 AM
Hello everyone. Reporting on Day 5 of the Valentine's Day Event. There are 2 quests and I LIMITED COLLECTABLE to be found.

Day 5 .........Feb 15.

Our narrator, Fatima Issa is getting a little desperate to renew her friendship with Aylen. Fatima sends us to find - - - - -

Q.9. Look for the carrier pigeon with my letter addressed to Aylen

The Carrier Pigeon can be found in the Junkyard, Missouri. It is a LIMITED COLLECTABLE and the only Valentine Day collectable on the reward bar.
Due to being ill on Day 3, the number of completed "Love Letters" collections I can do this Event is 4 so I did not see the point in doing the HOS more than 4 times. GOOD LUCK to those players that are trying/ able to do more.
I did the HOS in each mode starting with Picky Shopper mode. I am at guru level at this location. The Carrier Pigeon dropped each time.

I used the exit 'via arrows' method to return to Breezy Bay & be able to do the Junkyard scene several times.

I collected the reward. The heart icon remained so I proceeded to the next quest.

Q.10. Play a Sweet Old Couple.

This is a new, Event-only mini game found in Bennett's Photography - #18 (second one). It costs 18 films to play. There is NO Valentine's collectible in the mini game.
I only played the mini game once to complete the quest.

PLEASE NOTE: We are told to help Vincent but the quest is in Bennet's Photography. Also today's daily quest is for "Kitty" in Vincent's Studio so do NOT mix it up with the Valentine Day quest.

Then I collected the reward. The heart disappeared so questing for today is over.

See you tomorrow. Hope you are able to build your collections.

Dot

Heads up for Day 6: We start opening some of the mini scenes at Captain Matthew's Yacht.

[Post New]by Blazo_2101 on Feb 15, 18 3:28 AM
Hello, first, sorry for my weak English. I am Brazilian.
I love playing this game but I have some doubts. I wish you could help me:
- In the "Observatory" that I am already in level 5, it appears as if it had to do a quest. I enter to do the minigames, but these, do not ask me anything to be able to play, nor gain anything, only, money and XP. And after that, even so, I do, the quest continues to appear as if it had not. The same thing happens in the "Dinosaurs"
- Does "Time Machine" have no minigames? I'm also on level 5.
- The "Warehouse" also have a quest that I do not know what it is and I do not know anything to do there.
Thank you in advance and hope you can help me.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 15, 18 5:18 AM
Welcome, Blazo. No problem with the English, someone will help you. With that said, this is not the place for your question. This thread is about the special event that is currently happening.

Go back out the folders and look for one that is stuck near the topic that says Helpful Hints
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.page

Within that folder there is one link:
Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page
That holds all you are seeking. It is a bit disorganized but all the information is there. Good luck.

Go to: