MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Again with the Shards!

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Feb 11, 18 7:57 AM
Hello: I play on my PC and I-Pad and it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I'm always getting either shards or gold coins. I can't seem to catch a break here. I kind of don't mind the coins, but I'm not a big fan of the shards. I exchange inventory for shards when I need or want them . I get low on inventory because of this, and I am unable to gift my friends, unless I want to go bankrupt. I have a suggestion: If shards and coins are going to continue to be part of the "winnings" when playing HOS games, then why can't they be part of the gifting inventory for friends?

If there is some sort of "trick" or procedure I can do to up my chances to receive something other than coins or my hated shards, please let me know. Thank you for letting me vent.

!Raggie-TX

PC: 620998
I-Pad: i2010690

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Again with the Shards!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 11, 18 8:53 AM
I'm right there with you, Raggie. Blasted, stinking, worthless shards! The bane of my existence in the Castle.

The only solution I have found when it starts giving me shard after shard is to simply close the app & walk away!
I have a hard & fast rule - 3 shards & I'm out! That's getting a bit rougher with the "download" taking so long to let me back in every time. But I still leave - more to protect my sanity (& my phone from breakage!) than because of any belief it will change anything. But sometimes that seems to "reset" it.
If the 1st HOS when I go back in gives me a shard, I don't do ANYTHING luck-based.

Hang in there, my friend.

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Feb 11, 18 11:02 AM
Hi !Raggie,

I'm not sure but I think the change in hos rewards happened a little over two years ago and most everyone in the forum objected, pleaded, threatened and begged to no avail to restore our inventory drop. The reasoning being that we could sell or shard the inventory item if we wished but changing the drop forced us into inventory we may not want or need. But for whatever reason they chose to leave it this way. We also used to receive a ton of items from the airship which changed as well. They have reduced the number of required items in a few zoom zones and I know some of the other players can tell you there are a few other concessions that they have made but we are all pretty sure that they won't go back to the old inventory drop.
But all in all it's a great game, don't give up. It's great having you as a friend.

Boo

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 11, 18 2:39 PM
The "dreadful update" that took away our guaranteed item from HOS completion was in January 2016 ..... players had been posting that they wanted extra coins and shards and the Devs complied in this manner.

As BooBoo9339 has already stated .... there was pleading and pleading and pleading --- there was a particular thread in which one group was wanting inventory back and another group was saying they liked the change.

Since the Devs have not returned our guaranteed HOS item in these 2 years of continued play, I seriously doubt it will ever be changed back.

However, to help players, there have also been massive changes since that update:
**Number of ZZ items to open many in the Castle area have been lowered
**Pets now give inventory items
**Puzzle feature introduced to help get items

So, on balance, I guess it has now worked more to players advantage.....although, I'm still in the "camp" that would like to see the coins and shards put into a different section (like the energy units were added to their own drop section) instead of taking away the HOS item.

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on Feb 11, 18 3:55 PM
Hello to all I am one of the many disabled players I suffer as some people already know with Arthritis and Inflammatory Disease and also of Chronic Pain in all my joints which actually makes using a mouse painful bit I also at the moment have an I Pad game which truly makes my hands hurt a lot...... I have cried buckets over the shards and money aspect of this game and my inventory is seriously suffering because of the changes I truly hope that the reduction of how many items required to open a zoom zone continues because the three keys twice over plus three horses just for a coloured stamp or one pot of food truly makes me mad I make myself hurt every time I play and I play daily if like you Desertdruid I walked away after 3 shards or money I would never be in the castle and the time it takes to do an HOS seems not to matter anymore either I have done 24 seconds get a shard!!! 26 seconds get money and so one to 48 seconds get an inventory item there is no rhyme nor reason for what you get you just get what they have programmed and it is such a shame I have just opened level 70 never thought I would get this far and without Bee zz I would not be here!!! Bless her heart the crafted items she has gifted to me too help me climb the level's is humbling to say the least. Thank you all in the forum for keeping me laughing and informed I do not know what I would do without all of you!!! Take care and try to have fun whilst being driven insane at the same time. Rona

Edited on 02/11/2018 at 4:03:49 PM PST

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Feb 11, 18 7:44 PM
Thank you all for your response. It at least makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I've played on my PC (Lv 84) for, I believe over 4 years and on my I-Pad 2 (lv 77). I too love this game, have spent some coin on it myself, willingly it do say, but the number of shards I seem to be getting outweigh the other things. So, to all my friends, if you happen to read this, and you are wondering why you aren't receiving the caliber of gifts from me that you are used to, this is why.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 11, 18 8:27 PM
Rona, it's so good to hear from you again! I thought you had stopped playing. You are welcome to come back to my family anytime - I am so sorry I mistakenly deleted you, thinking you were no longer playing.
I hope your pain is less. I truly commiserate with you in this.
And trust me, I have never left the Castle over getting coins - only shards! After shards! After shards!!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Feb 11, 18 10:00 PM
I've actually been pretty lucky today getting items instead of shards or coins! Never really paid that much attention until I read this
Just saying.. today as I know it will change.
I went through all the newer areas (Atlantis, FairyTale, East) and got items in just about every HOS i did.
East, every HOS except in the Serenity Garden gave items. So, 2 scenes out of all of them gave coins.
I don't have much luck with the older regular HOS. You know, the ones that everyone needs. Unless I am following a quest for someone.

Played on both PC game and iPad. Pretty close results.. But lots of items dropping.
I thought maybe that glitchy d/l had something to do with it.

Go to: